Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 30 of 247 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Was it all in my imagination or did someone say they were redoing all the blocks so that they can be done by paper piecing them?
    i'll be redrafting as many as i can to paper piecing but some of them just won't translate.

it will be interesting at the end to figure out how many blocks i was able to alter into paper piecing.

Slap me with a wet noodle and call me stupid.....

I'm considering doing two. Or changing my original plan.

I love the Dear Jane at Sea picture posted a while ago, I can see that with the blocks done in black and white, and the sashing done in black and white and either electric blue or lime green.

Decisions decisions!

Blog Entries
    I mentioned awhile back that I had finished A-1 and A-2. In the first picture, If this goes through, is A-1 in green batik, the second one is A-1 in civil war and the third is A-2 in cival war.
    What do you think? This is my first time trying to post a picture
    Phyllis in MO

i think that i am just going to try to use up my stash

Banned
    where did you post the pics

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Slap me with a wet noodle and call me stupid.....

I'm considering doing two. Or changing my original plan.

I love the Dear Jane at Sea picture posted a while ago, I can see that with the blocks done in black and white, and the sashing done in black and white and either electric blue or lime green.

Decisions decisions!
    why choose make all of them.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I did something wrong! Will try again OMG!@ It worked! At least with the A1 civil war. Here aI go again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's what I'm going to do too Luv. All I have to buy is a bolt of muslin. My DH got me the software and rulers for Christmas already. It's going to be so much fun!

Blog Entries
    This is DJ A-2, civil war fabric

Dear Jane A-2 in Civil War fabric
    Name:  Attachment-56948.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  36.7 KB

Blog Entries
    This should be DJ in green batik. I think I have decided to go with civil war fabrics

Green Batik, if I am doing this right!
    Name:  Attachment-56950.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  38.4 KB

I like all three! Nice job!

Blog Entries
    Klue, I have to use just my stash, I am on "No Buy" till Nov. 2010 through Stashbuster. I have a lot of Batiks but in order to do DJ with just batiks, I would have to use the same batik in too many blocks.
    Maybe if I give good hints maybe my family will pitch in for Christmas. If we were already started then I could buy more but since we don't official start till January then I can't. But I can accept gifts, maybe I should give myself a gift? I don't think so! :oops:
    Phyllis in MO

Blog Entries
    Thank you Janstar!

Banned
    all the blocks look beautiful - i like the batik but thats only because i don't like reproduction prints but like i said it all looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450
    Klue, I have to use just my stash, I am on "No Buy" till Nov. 2010 through Stashbuster. I have a lot of Batiks but in order to do DJ with just batiks, I would have to use the same batik in too many blocks.
    Hi Phyllis!

I'm doing my Dear Jane quilt in Batiks from my stash as well. Would you like to swap fat quarters, that way we could both have a wider variety of different batiks in our quilts? PM me if you're interested :)

Jan

Maybe someone can help/explain this software to me.....

I have been on the fence about purchasing the eQ6 software....wouldnt it be able to do the same things as the DJ software and be more versatile? I am trying to figure out what to do.. I THINK I have heard you can scan fabrics, plan quilts and convert blocks into paper piecing....maybe I am wrong. But if you can do pretty much the same thing, why buy the DJ???

Margie

Very nice blocks sunshine! :-)

Margie, the DJ software has all of the dj blocks already in there, the EQ software you would have to recreate each block individually. And it would be quite time consuming.

I have EQ6 and absolutely love it, but will be getting the DJ software as well as soon as I can afford it.

Banned
    i'm with blue on this one too. i have EQ and for $35 i don't have to draw 225 DJ blocks.

the cost comes to 0.16 cents per block - totally worth the money to save me the time of drafting everything.

I don't understand everything about the software yet, if I ever do, computer dummy here, but I've already printed off quite a few PP patterns. Not sure about technique on some of them but Klue is going to rework some of those for us and tell us how to do the rest. She's our leader. It will be a ton of fun and I'm ready!!!!!!!!

The 3 blocks posted look great, Phyllis. Got to open my software and get up to speed.

Great job Phyllis, though I must say I cringed when reading you aren't buying any fabric for a year. :shock: My motto is "One can NEVER have enough fabric!" :lol: I don't think I could avoid a fabric store for a year. You are a braver person than I am!

My very first DJ block,

For those that have the software, I am trying to make one of the projects that they have. it is the table topper, when I saw it I immediately thought of my mom and her round kitchen table. I need 30 blocks to do it and thought this was a good way to warm up for this,

this block immediately caught my attention as well, I don't know what it was but I just had to do it,

Banned
    cutebun

OMG!!!!

its flawless - you're a rock star

The green was from stuff that was sent to me by Kwhite a bit ago, and it seemed to be prefect for this, It will match my DM kitchen as well.

I have a tendency to work with little pieces, this was a pretty simple one in the scheme of things, I love the pinwheel to start with, just helped DH do the double pinwheel for his doll quilt. I will have to do this block again, and again and again,

Does it look like I did some winging it on the little corner pieces? I didn't measure or anything, I just guessed where the little triangles should go and when the needle lined up with where the join was I did a little sewing, folded them out and they were in the right spot.

Thanks Klue,

Here is A6, Uncle Homer, yet again used from the fabric sent to me.

Page 30 of 247 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 80 130 ... LastLast