Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 90 of 247 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

I've done a few..remind me of curved piecing....just go slowly and you'll be good.

maybe there will be some hints and tricks from some, though the go slow is an excellant one.

I'll welcome any tricks you have!!!! Bring them on!

I was talking to Lacelady and she is thinking of showing how she does them, I will see what I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    I was talking to Lacelady and she is thinking of showing how she does them, I will see what I can come up with.
    Please do! :-)

And curved seams... I have never done a curved seam and I'm a little panicky about it.

BlueChicken, I am nervous about curved seams as well. Never done them in quilting, either.

my main background is in sewing where there is lots of curves and y seams, it is a matter of knowing how to approach it, I have been sewing for 16 years (though started when I was a kid)and quilting for just over three.

Cutebuns, love the block. Question do I understand correctly that these are not appliqued but sewn in? Enquiring minds (mine want to know). Never done a Y seam in my life (and thats a long time) :-D

Nice work on the Kite block, I've never done a Y-seam so it will be a first for me. A tute would be great - hint, hint. I'm still learning curves working on the NYBs. Lots to learn.

curves are not so bad, once you understand the process. I will try to make a tute for it, okay?

There used to be a Y seam tutorial that either ShellyQ or Patrice did a long time ago but I'm not able to find it in search yet. If I cannot find it, I'll whip something up.

This is an old post with links
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-8846-1.htm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Esqmommy - I can't even begin to imagine. It must have drove her nuts! I have a lot of health problems but thankfully nothing falls out of me and the only thing that comes out when I sneeze is snot. That's gross enough for me!
    And after having kids, I have to cross my legs when I sneeze too so other things don't fall out! LOL
    ROTFLAMO!!

Banned
    Cutebuns

your kite looks amazing!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    Please do! :-)

And curved seams... I have never done a curved seam and I'm a little panicky about it.
    yes, please do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    curves are not so bad, once you understand the process. I will try to make a tute for it, okay?
    look forward to seeing it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogirl02
    There used to be a Y seam tutorial that either ShellyQ or Patrice did a long time ago but I'm not able to find it in search yet. If I cannot find it, I'll whip something up.

This is an old post with links
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-8846-1.htm
    thank you for the links

Anyone know if week 4 or week 5 blocks need to be mirrored?

Blog Entries
    I can't wait for my DJ software to come in so I can understand things that you talk about better. I am somewhat computer savvy and I'm sure I will pick it up quickly, but not having it now to follow things like what blocks need to be mirrored is driving me crazy right now! I'm hoping it comes in the mail today. :) I got a sample of vellum paper in the mail yesterday (thank you!) and I bought some of Carol Doak's paper at the LQS. I am really looking forward to getting going on this!

Unfortunately, there are 150 pages in this thread. I know KLue posted a bit back about a few that needed to be mirrored, just don't know on what page, for the life of me. Next time, I'm writing it down in my journal!!!

And I know she's at work now and won't see this until later. I'm printing out my patterns now to do some work!!

UPDATE - FOUND IT! She had posted that BR11, LS10 and TR9 needed mirroring thru about 2/22. May not be a complete list, but for now, it's what was on the horizon. So, thanks for anyone who checked.

Banned
    i labeled the schedule with (M) for the ones i know that need to be mirrored but i haven't made an entire jane quilt so that is most likely incomplete.

as i work on the blocks and post the tutes i will always point out what needs to be mirrored.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Esqmommy - I can't even begin to imagine. It must have drove her nuts! I have a lot of health problems but thankfully nothing falls out of me and the only thing that comes out when I sneeze is snot. That's gross enough for me!
    And after having kids, I have to cross my legs when I sneeze too so other things don't fall out! LOL
    I don't think you are alone in this. :oops:

Blue - curved seams are nothing to panic about, honest! The key is to pin and always sew with the...darn, I can't remember now. Should I start to panic? I believe you sew with the concave part on bottom. I pin the heck out of mine and have never had a problem yet. (Crosses fingers and toes!)

Y seams take a bit of practice but they don't need to be that scary. curves either. Here is a closer look at part of the block, it is pieced, though I imagine that you could applique this one if you wanted, since it is at the end of the schedule though you will already have practice as there are blocks coming up with more than a bit of a bend in them. I will get some pictures etc to show, I didn't watch the you tube things,
    Attached Images Attached Images

I might try a curved one today, just to see. I don't mind the applique, but there's lots that are definitely better pieced.

They just don't look the same, the bottom one is appliqued on, I imagine it is going to be with what works best for you, there are several different ways to do it so if one doesn't work, try another way.

The triangles that make the Y seam could actually be split couldn't they, on that kite? So it could be sewn normally.

Page 90 of 247 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 100 140 190 ... LastLast