Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 91 of 247 FirstFirst ... 41 81 90 91 92 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

The pieces are pretty small now but yes they could, it would add a lot of bulk to them as well,

Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    The pieces are pretty small now but yes they could, it would add a lot of bulk to them as well,
    That's true.

the little square showing is about 5/8" so cut that in half and add the fabric for 4 pieces, it is not bad if they are square but they will be mostly on one side.

the little square showing is about 5/8" so cut that in half and add the fabric for 4 pieces, it is not bad if they are square but they will be mostly on one side.
    There are other Y seams coming up too, perhaps it's best I just bite the bullet and master it! LOL *falls on floor and twitches for a while*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    There are other Y seams coming up too, perhaps it's best I just bite the bullet and master it! LOL *falls on floor and twitches for a while*
    you'll be a master of the Y in no time - you'll have no choice when making a jane.

people will master: Paper Piecing, Y seams, Curved seams, and various forms of applique.

thats what makes a jane quilt a right of passage for quilters.

From what I have seen, there are a few blocks that use the y seams, part of doing the Jane is learning new things right? so jump on it! Check out BR4, that is on piece on the bottom, and BR10 and RS 6 just to name a few as well as the kite one that I just did.

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    you'll be a master of the Y in no time - you'll have no choice when making a jane.

people will master: Paper Piecing, Y seams, Curved seams, and various forms of applique.

People will also master: seam ripping, starting over, screaming, and twitching. ;-)

Banned

People will also master: seam ripping, starting over, screaming, and twitching. ;-)
    those are the very first skills to be picked up :oops:

i've started to curse like a construction worker.

LOL I might be slightly prone to throwing things as well as cursing! ;-)

Luckily, the friendship, support, and fun gained from being involved far outweighs the frustrations. :-)

Banned

LOL I might be slightly prone to throwing things as well as cursing! ;-)

Luckily, the friendship, support, and fun gained from being involved far outweighs the frustrations. :-)
    amen to that!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34066-1.htm#723030

A short tute on y seams, this will work for a lot of them, there are a few differences if you are using a corner in one piece of fabric, but this is the logistics of it anyway. If you have a bit of time at the end on a sewing session, maybe do a couple of them to practice,

Banned
    you guys should go check these janes out.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34050-1.htm#723042

blue, there's a play on the storm at sea with just one large block it looks awesome.

Banned
    thanks for posting the tute on Y seams - its just great.

I finally finished week1 blocks and the triangle! It took me awhile to get started. I'm using Civil war fabric ,now I'm having doubts.
    I'm a little behide and I want to catch up, this is so addicting. Will we be doing applique soon?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3incollege
    I finally finished week1 blocks and the triangle! It took me awhile to get started. I'm using Civil war fabric ,now I'm having doubts.
    I'm a little behide and I want to catch up, this is so addicting. Will we be doing applique soon?
    week 5 has some simple applique just to get some practice before the more complex appliques.

why are you 2nd guessing your fabric choice?

civil war is a classic choice that will always be admired. its kinda like having that classic blazer that never goes out of style.

you're not behind so don't worry about it yet.

You are very welcome, I know that before long they are coming up, and didn't want people to panic if they had not done them, this way they have a chance to practice a few before having to do it on a block, A few scraps and 5 min at the end or beginning and they will be all set to go,

Banned
    OMG!!!

ESQ you are sooo wonderful!!!

these indigo fabric are just perfect for my jane. i love them!! this is just so special of you to do this for me.

the one with circle medallions is my favorite.

i have to go wash them right away so i can start using them.

big hugs and sloppy kisses to you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those are beautiful Kelly! What a nice person you are ESQ!!!

keeping the home fire burning and waiting for my son's safe return
    So who else is going to have issues with the y seams?
    This is one thing about the blocks that I'm really not worried about. I am currently hand piecing my 2nd Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. Let me tell ya, by the time you've pieced a few thousand hexagons, Y seams are no problem :-)

That is for sure! I bet that you are an expert at it by now. that is one pattern that is on my bucket list, I have a piece that my grandmother started who knows how long ago,

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    would this work for you?

can you open it? its a PDF
    Thanks for this one Klue!

I had been looking at all the blocks and since I am where I was supposed to be on the schedule I went and did what I wanted, I was very curious to the kites, so I did one, :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have to fix the little white bits some but on the whole it isn't bad, especially not for a first attempt,
    Cutebuns...........you rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Wow!! Cutie, your kite is amazing. thanks for the inspiration.

Tiffany - my aunt had that problem with both eyes. They ended up sewing up half of her eyelids to the eyeballs would stay in. They came out when she sneezed as she aged. Her eyes looked so funny, half-sewed!

I just finished week 3 blocks which I'll post tomorrow or later...not sure when I'll be able to photograph...I'm getting a new laptop this week as the one I'm working on is having "issues". So, I may need to wait to transfer all my data, photos etc. to the new machine. Anyway, I am happy, for the most part, about the blocks. The one was a bear, can't recall which at the moment. I'm scared to post...seems like whenever I do I see a mistake!! LOL.
    Your blocks are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Esqmommy - I can't even begin to imagine. It must have drove her nuts! I have a lot of health problems but thankfully nothing falls out of me and the only thing that comes out when I sneeze is snot. That's gross enough for me!
    And after having kids, I have to cross my legs when I sneeze too so other things don't fall out! LOL
    Don't ya just hate that??!?!?!?!?

You are so welcome KLue - just a little thanks for all you're doing here.

The lady at the LQS wasn't sure they qualified as "japanese indigos" so I was concerned they weren't what you were using. What I liked about the bunnies and the dragonflies was the small amount of red in them. I don't know if it's too out of what you want, or if it's too orangy...but if they don't work, they can sit in your stash for just the right project. I figured that has to be a block having to do with rabbits, bunnies or something...

Page 91 of 247 FirstFirst ... 41 81 90 91 92 101 141 191 ... LastLast