Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 141 of 247 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 140 141 142 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Welcome DC!

Blog Entries
    I've been beavering away the last few days, and here is what I have so far:

8 out of 13 rows together
    Name:  Attachment-77038.jpe
Views: 39
Size:  145.1 KB

Blog Entries
    :shock: :shock: Lace...it is fantastic!!! I love how it is coming along. Keep going, I can't wait to see the next step!!

Ooooo Lesley, beautiful!!!

Looking awesome Lace!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    :shock: :shock: Lace...it is fantastic!!! I love how it is coming along. Keep going, I can't wait to see the next step!!
    Doing my best Patti, and thanks Jan & Wil.

BTW, I have been meaning to ask - does anyone have a favourite block, either one they have made, or one they are working up to? I am rather partial to G4, but it is hard to choose.

I like any one that's easy!! LOL!! All though, I am getting better at doing the challenging ones. Guess that means I'm learning as I go. So happy that Klue started this project. I would never have started it by myself.

My favorite block, well, there is more than one:

LS1, Nasty Nancee...jusssst kiddddding... :shock:

A10 - Which Points West
    M3 - Fireweed Flower
    M13 - Lynette's Diamond

So far! :)

Lacey that is stunning!

I don't know that I have a favorite block but there are sure a few that I'll be happy never to have to make again! :|

Looks beautiful, lovely colours.

However I now realise just how much I have to do, quilting and then putting them together as well and I am only half way there now.

You are definately an inspiration Lesley

Elle

Blog Entries
    Thanks Elle - but you will get there, same as everyone else.

Wil, I would never have listed M3 as a favourite, it was one of those that I found the hardest, and nearly got shoved in the dustbin (trash) on more than one occasion.

Me to Lesley, but I learned a lot from that little block, all those set in corners. but
    Elle

love the quilt Lesley, haven't done any on mine for a week now as we are on half term, which means that DH is home, and Jack is back from Uni for the summer, so we've been sorting his stuff out too. Hoping to start again on Monday!

Blog Entries
    A favorite? I'm not sure I have one so far...I like most all of them. I'll have to admit Wil, that M3 would reallly be at the BOTTOM of my list though. It was "renamed" several times in my sewing room :oops: :lol: :lol:

I haven't made M3 yet and this is not very encouraging. :|

I know it seems silly but I don't like E7, the Breadbasket one. What a pain in the butt for paper piecing! :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    I haven't made M3 yet and this is not very encouraging. :|

I know it seems silly but I don't like E7, the Breadbasket one. What a pain in the butt for paper piecing! :evil:
    I agree, it goes on sideways and not the way you think it is going on at all that E7. M3 Well I did it by mostly sewing by machine and leaving the bits that just wouldn´t be pulled, cajoled or otherwise made to go in place. Bit of a bummer that one too. Keep going though Tiffany, if not leave it and go back the next day, suddenly it glicks, however if you are like me it takes a few clicks LOL

Blog Entries
    I agree about E7, not all that attractive to me, but I didn't find it too much of a problem. Not the same with M3 though, and yes, I renamed it a few times too. I struggled to get the narrow light bits even, and when they weren't too bad I decided that I wasn't going to fight with it any more, and I appliqued it to the background!

It seems that my question has thrown up more blocks that you don't like, rather than many that you do.

Blog Entries
    Not for me Lesley...I said I liked them ALL :lol: :lol: Just some more than others...hows that for a positive spin?? :roll:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Not for me Lesley...I said I liked them ALL :lol: :lol: Just some more than others...hows that for a positive spin?? :roll:
    Great attitude, Patti, you will go far with that.

I did get E7 done, but it must have taken me 6-8 hours! Good grief! It looks fairly good, for which I'm most thankful!

Pat, you are an inspiration to the rest of us!

I thought E7 was difficult, I don't plan to do that again! But, if I HAD too I would piece it, then applique the strips.

I liked M3 because it was surprise. I expected it to be a killer block, and it was difficult for sure (my block isn't perfect!) but I pieced it and I was stunned when I was done, because all the pieces fit perfect for me! No ripping out on that one! Maybe it was just one of those rare perfect sewing moments!!! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelmina
    I thought E7 was difficult, I don't plan to do that again! But, if I HAD too I would piece it, then applique the strips.

I liked M3 because it was surprise. I expected it to be a killer block, and it was difficult for sure (my block isn't perfect!) but I pieced it and I was stunned when I was done, because all the pieces fit perfect for me! No ripping out on that one! Maybe it was just one of those rare perfect sewing moments!!! :)
    Hold on to that moment, Wil, I certainly didn't have one of those with M3, but in the end it didn't look too bad (if you use the 6ft rule, that is). LOL. I'm off to tackle getting another row of blocks attached to my middle now, wish me luck, yesterday's just didn't want to co-operate, but I was rather tired at the time. Had a little fight with it, and it finally submitted!.

Blog Entries
    Hah Wil!!! You lucky girl you...having a "perfect" sewing moment while working on Jane! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lesley & Patti, Funny funny! :lol:

Hey Lesley, show us the back of your masterpiece, I want to see that side too. I love love love your fabrics and of course, it goes without saying your hand work looks fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    I agree, it goes on sideways and not the way you think it is going on at all that E7. M3 Well I did it by mostly sewing by machine and leaving the bits that just wouldn´t be pulled, cajoled or otherwise made to go in place. Bit of a bummer that one too. Keep going though Tiffany, if not leave it and go back the next day, suddenly it glicks, however if you are like me it takes a few clicks LOL
    That is how I handled E7. It actually took me 3 days because I would have to get up and just walk away. It actually looks pretty darn amazing and I can't complain at all at how it turned out, but the process gave me some extra gray hairs and a twitch near my right eye. :lol:

Oh ladies, I took a couple classes from Sally Collins last month. OMG!!!! She has a trick that has revolutionized mine and many of my local friends in our quiltmaking & is proving invaluable with the Dear Jane blocks. When she takes her piece/unit/block to the ironing board to iron it, she irons it like we do but then, instead of taking the piece immediately back to the sewing table to add the next piece, she places a book or a weight of some kind over the piece and lets it cool down completely before taking it off her ironing board. I've been doing this using a ruler with a paper weight (or full gallon of distilled water) on top. It only takes a few minutes to cool down. It sounds like a strange step but allowing it to cool completely with a weight on top of it means that piece ends up being amazingly flat. Flat is great since it lends itself to better construction, especially where the points are concerned. I can't imagine quilting without this little trick. Sally Collins has a DVD out filled with her sewing tips and she shows how she does this and explains why it makes such a difference in the end construction of the quilt. I would really urge you ladies to try this, at least for one block, and see what a difference it makes. :thumbup:

Page 141 of 247 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 140 141 142 151 191 241 ... LastLast