Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 151 of 247 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 150 151 152 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

luv all those oranges

Blog Entries
    Rachel...love the oranges! I agree about the dotty one though..I don't think it will accomplish what you want it to do. Have you found your blue yet?

luv...I'm so sorry about your DH...hope you can bring him home tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Rachel...love the oranges! I agree about the dotty one though..I don't think it will accomplish what you want it to do. Have you found your blue yet?

luv...I'm so sorry about your DH...hope you can bring him home tomorrow.
    Yeah I agree on the dotty one, I think I will nix a few others and move a few from medium to dark too. It makes it so much easier to see them all together in a picture then it does in person for some reason.

I need 7 different blues, and I have picked up 2 out of the 7 so far. I also picked up the white I am going to use for all the white blocks. This will give me quite a few blocks that I can do and I will buy the rest of the blues as I can afford it. :)

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    I cant wait to see some pics. It sounds beautiful. I think the blues will really pop

Finished another block yesterday, but I totally screwed it up! :) I made the blue sashing too small, then I forgot to put white blocks in the corners of the 9 patch ..... *sigh* it's because I made my 'test' quilt block a while ago, but I didn't have my white fabric till today. I don't hate the block, but I have marked it for a possible re-do. I will wait till the end to re-do any as many of you have said that you have had ones that you thought you would re-do and it ended up being fine it the whole scheme of things.

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/...7bdda9341e.jpg[/img]

Cheers!
    Rachel

Don´t worry Rachel, it will never be seen in the whole scheme of things there are just so many blocks, anyway its your quilt.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Looks fine to me.

Blog Entries
    Rachael...in your medium group...is the 2nd from the right in the top picture a little dark? It might go better with the darks. I like them all..its better without the little dots..although I liked that fabric.

I like your blocks..they look just fine and at this point, don't sweat the small stuff :wink:

Rachel, love your oranges! I wouldn't worry about the block that is a little different from the pattern, it looks great like it is!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Rachael...in your medium group...is the 2nd from the right in the top picture a little dark? It might go better with the darks. I like them all..its better without the little dots..although I liked that fabric.

I like your blocks..they look just fine and at this point, don't sweat the small stuff :wink:
    I was thinking the same thing!! :) I believe you are right. Thanks!

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by wilhelmina
    Rachel, love your oranges! I wouldn't worry about the block that is a little different from the pattern, it looks great like it is!
    Thanks. I thought at first that I wanted my blocks to be just like Jane's, but I am already starting to feel like I just want it to be a representation of Jane's. Obviously my colors aren't even close, so I guess the block building doesn't need to be exactly like her either!

Rachel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelmina
    Thanks. I thought at first that I wanted my blocks to be just like Jane's, but I am already starting to feel like I just want it to be a representation of Jane's. Obviously my colors aren't even close, so I guess the block building doesn't need to be exactly like her either!

Rachel
    LOL, one or two of mine are off, compared to Jane's, but I can assure you that no one will sit there with the book and compare your quilt with it. (Except my DB, that is, LOL). I think he knows every difference. I sorted one or two, and have left one or two!.

And my colours are way different too, and I am very happy with that.

Blog Entries
    I agree,some of mine are off too,but as I named my quilt Confused Jane due to the scrappy fabs,people can say oh confused little thing. lol I only need to make 2 more blocks today and will have week 27 finished. Will use the week off to finish my appliqued barn quilt and set it together. Pics later.

Okay I have another question for y'all. How are you keeping track of your blocks once they are made. I know Lesley labeled each of hers, what are others doing? I am thinking that I may not want to try and figure out where each one goes just by look once I have 200 blocks stacked up! LOL So I'd liek to have a system in place now.

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Okay I have another question for y'all. How are you keeping track of your blocks once they are made. I know Lesley labeled each of hers, what are others doing? I am thinking that I may not want to try and figure out where each one goes just by look once I have 200 blocks stacked up! LOL So I'd liek to have a system in place now.

Rachel
    What I did, I got a large File and put the clear folders in. Marked the outside of the folders with the week Number and the patterns to be made. When they were made I put them in the folder for that week. It kept them tidy. Of course now I have so many and I couldn´t wait they are lying on the bed.
    What I intend to do no is put them in folders marked A1 to A13 as I intend to ¨QAYG in a strip and not individually as Lesley, she has much more patience that I have

;)

I want to thank everyone for your inspiration- I am 10 blocks into my Baby Jane- 2 blocks and 1 triangle into my "not so" perfect baby jane ;)and I am so excited to be making this quilt with everyone's advice, encouragement and expertise! I have tried to get my sisters to make one with me- but they pretty much thought I was stark raving mad! Oh well. When I figure out how to post a photo I will. Thank you to all that have done so much work on this project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good for you Jates, keep going. Ig you go to the home Page there is a tutorial on how to post pictures on the board.

Basically click on browse below, choose your pic and open it. When you have completed all the pictures you need show us, Click on Send. You have to wait for at least 5 minutes for it to load the pictures on the the thread. Hope that helps.

Elle

Quote Originally Posted by Jates
    I want to thank everyone for your inspiration- I am 10 blocks into my Baby Jane- 2 blocks and 1 triangle into my "not so" perfect baby jane ;)and I am so excited to be making this quilt with everyone's advice, encouragement and expertise! I have tried to get my sisters to make one with me- but they pretty much thought I was stark raving mad! Oh well. When I figure out how to post a photo I will. Thank you to all that have done so much work on this project.
    Yay! You are farther than me, I only have 2 blocks done!! :) I have no triangles done yet because I don’t have the ruler yet (can’t afford to buy it before I finish buying my fabric, which may still take a while) and it drives me batty not to square up (triangle up?) right after making the block, so I am going to have to wait until I get that to do some triangles. :) Your blocks are pretty!!

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    What I did, I got a large File and put the clear folders in. Marked the outside of the folders with the week Number and the patterns to be made. When they were made I put them in the folder for that week. It kept them tidy. Of course now I have so many and I couldn´t wait they are lying on the bed.
    What I intend to do no is put them in folders marked A1 to A13 as I intend to ¨QAYG in a strip and not individually as Lesley, she has much more patience that I have

;)
    Hmmm folders, that's a good idea..... I was also thinking of maybe printing the letters on address labels and sticking them to the back of the blocks ..... not sure if that would wreck them though if it was on there for a long time. That's kind of why I don't want to do pins since I know this may take me years, I don't want them to rust or anything.

Rachel

Blog Entries
    I only pinned (for the most part) in the seam allowance, and then my blocks went in folders with plastic pockets in them. I think if you use good quality pins, and keep them in a dry atmosphere, they should be OK. I had considered staples, but I thought they would be much more likely to rust.

I doubt if the glue on the back of a label would harm your block that much, but on the other hand, I doubt if they would stay in place for any length of time. I have visions of them curling up and coming off if you handle them too much.

Have you checked ebay for the rulers Athena? There are some on there for $11.95 - I don't know how that compares with elsewhere, I got mine with the software, so I don't know what they cost on their own.

Blog Entries
    I have mine in baggies,labled A,B,C etc after pic of the weeks and then the group pic. Also marked each block on the back with its letter and number. so when I can put it together I will know where it goes. Hope this makes sense. I use the micron fabric marking pen, place the Letter and number on a seam so it wont go thru to the front of the block.

Quote Originally Posted by jolo
    I have mine in baggies,labled A,B,C etc after pic of the weeks and then the group pic. Also marked each block on the back with its letter and number. so when I can put it together I will know where it goes. Hope this makes sense. I use the micron fabric marking pen, place the Letter and number on a seam so it wont go thru to the front of the block.
    I do baggies too. Once I put them up after my group's monthly meeting, I put them in the baggie for that row. I try to keep the blocks for that row in order. I found that the Quart-size baggies are a good size.

Quote Originally Posted by kimby1213
    Quote Originally Posted by jolo
    I do baggies too. Once I put them up after my group's monthly meeting, I put them in the baggie for that row. I try to keep the blocks for that row in order. I found that the Quart-size baggies are a good size.
    Hmmm I think this might be the best idea. It would be easier to place 13 blocks even if they got out of order in the baggy, then it would to be placing all of them!! Then I don't have to worry about rusting or unsticking! Thanks everyone for all the ideas!!

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Have you checked ebay for the rulers Athena? There are some on there for $11.95 - I don't know how that compares with elsewhere, I got mine with the software, so I don't know what they cost on their own.
    Yeah, that's pretty much the going price, not super expensive I guess, but I want to be sure to get my fabric first and I only have so much for my budget each month. :( I still have a lot of blue to buy. It's fine though, I have plenty of blocks to work up for now, I can just start on the triangles later, not a big deal really! :)

Thanks though!
    Rachel

Page 151 of 247 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 150 151 152 161 201 ... LastLast