Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 247 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Thank you Tiffany! I still can't get over how pretty it is and I love that all the ladies contributed to making it happen.

Well, I did my first triangle, and what a mission! LOL I possibly should have picked an easier one, but you live and learn. ;-)

I made a monumental &*(^& up right at the last step, but have fudged it and it will do. For now. :-)

The colour is a bit dark, the flash didn't go off for some reason.
    Name:  Attachment-60419.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  51.6 KB

Wow, very nice job your did!

Yep Blue, but its a lovely fudge, what a great block, beautiful colours.

Elle

Blog Entries
    I had wanted to make up two quilts until I realized we were doing more than 1 block a week. :oops: (Teach me to read too fast & get too excited!) However, after seeing your Christmas quilt I'm thinking I could double up on the blocks I really like and make a Christmas table runner, or something similar. You have inspired me with your beautiful quilt![/quote]

That is a good thought. As I mentioned before, I am on a "no buy" program but I would love to make a batik Jane. Since I don't have enough batiks for a complete jane, I think I have enough for a wall hanging or table runner. I have no problem picking the easier blocks for this!
    Thanks for the good idea!
    Phyllis in Mo :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Well, I did my first triangle, and what a mission! LOL I possibly should have picked an easier one, but you live and learn. ;-)

I made a monumental &*(^& up right at the last step, but have fudged it and it will do. For now. :-)
    I love your block! And your colors are great! If I have time today, (and that's a big IF) I will make a trial triangle.

Blue - that is wonderful! I had to chuckle when I read that your flash didn't go off. I rather like the dark colors. ;)

lovely block blue

Banned
    blue

it looks beautiful, i love that swirl fabric - its perfect for just about anything.

Love it Blue. Great fudge.

LOL

It's probably going to annoy me, and I'll probably redo it if I get the chance. But at this point, it's close enough, I could live with it in a quilt, especially one this busy, that little flaw isn't going to be visible from the back of a galloping horse! ;-)

The fabric is actually a chocolate kind of colour, it comes from a coffee range that had cream and tan and red swirls and coffee beans etc. I made a table runner and coasters for a friend who means a lot to me... that's what I like about doing the scrappy version... I can look at the fabrics and remember what I made with it, and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :-)

Love the block, Blue.
    I am going to have to get something going here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    The fabric is actually a chocolate kind of colour, it comes from a coffee range that had cream and tan and red swirls and coffee beans etc. I made a table runner and coasters for a friend who means a lot to me... that's what I like about doing the scrappy version... I can look at the fabrics and remember what I made with it, and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :-)
    Looking at your triangle makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, because I made a wedding quilt for my sister last summer using that same range of fabrics!

Jan

Banned
    here's a triangle i made today (well actually i made 6 of them) its for the christmas triangle swap.

i thought you guys might want to see it - its RS9

RS9
    Name:  Attachment-60494.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  56.1 KB

That looks awesome!! I love the colours, they're so rich.

What will you do with the triangles you swap? How will they go together I mean.

Banned
    i think i'm going to add them with 25 christmas blocks set on point and make a throw with them.

or i could sew them to each other to make a christmas tree skirt.

Awesome triangles ladies! I tried that one too Blue and it gave me a run for my money!! I got it though! Love your fabrics. I was afraid to try the one you did Kelly. I'll get my courage up or wait till we do it for guidance. Probably the latter.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    Awesome triangles ladies! I tried that one too Blue and it gave me a run for my money!! I got it though! Love your fabrics. I was afraid to try the one you did Kelly. I'll get my courage up or wait till we do it for guidance. Probably the latter.
    RS9 is a piece of cake - it just looks tough - the PP pattern makes it super easy.

Wow Klue, I have to say that block looks a tad intimidating to me, but I will take your word for it that it looks worse than it is. You sure did a great job on it!

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i think i'm going to add them with 25 christmas blocks set on point and make a throw with them.

or i could sew them to each other to make a christmas tree skirt.
    Somehow I have lost my Christmas blog. The one with the blues and also the tri can I have that URL again

Banned
    here's a link to the triangle swap

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-29028-1.htm

and here's the link to the blue swap

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-26362-1.htm

I'm thinking about trying to join in on the fun......just not sure if I can find the extra money for the software or not. I might check out the library for the book first.

It sure sounds like it will be a lot of fun......sewing along with all of the talented ladies and gents on this quilting board.

Banned
    i hope you join in scrappylouisa. check your library i was happy to find it at our local library.

I worked on my DJ for two years before I used the software. Sure it is quicker with software, but I had fun copying or scanning or whatever I wanted to do
    So don't let that discourage you. Got my book off ebay. Don 't know why anyone would want to part with it.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappylouisa
    I'm thinking about trying to join in on the fun......just not sure if I can find the extra money for the software or not. I might check out the library for the book first.

It sure sounds like it will be a lot of fun......sewing along with all of the talented ladies and gents on this quilting board.
    I hope you do join us!

Page 51 of 247 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 ... LastLast