Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 50 of 247 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

I would like to use mine.... I don't have a single wall in the house I live in that's big enough to hang it. I have quilt racks, but then it would get dusty and I'd only be able to see a small portion of hte quilt.

I like the thought of it being used.... but then can't bear the thought of it getting dirty, or worse, getting a hole in it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    I like the thought of it being used.... but then can't bear the thought of it getting dirty, or worse, getting a hole in it! lol
    I plan to use mind. Who would I leave it to that would appreciate it. Only another quilter, which there isn't any other in my family.

Banned
    i'm going to use mine for a picnic quilt.

i don't care if it gets dirty and used up - i'll make another when that happens.

I'm planning to hang mine. I have a number of large unused wall space. At least, that's the plan for now. We'll see how it looks when it's done. Might need to be out on my bed!!

i plan on using mine :-D

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i'm going to use mine for a picnic quilt.

i don't care if it gets dirty and used up - i'll make another when that happens.
    You're a legend!

:-D :thumbup:

I'm going to use mine to. Maybe I'll put it on my bed or we can use it as a cosy quilt when sitting on the sofa.

About the pp. look at this message and scroll a little bit down to the youtube link. Maybe this will help some people out with their paperpiecing skills.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28346-1.htm#603852

Blog Entries
    I want to use mine in the spare bedroom. What a welcome sight it will be!

keeping the home fire burning and waiting for my son's safe return
    I make all of my quilts to be used. After all the time and love I put into making them, it is rather diheartening to me if they are not used. I remember years ago when my youngest daughter was about 3 years old I made her a hopscotch quilt. She had a blast with that quilt. She and her baby doll hopscotched and picniced with it all the time. I thought my MIL was going to have a heart attack one day when she saw how the quilt was being used. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450
    I want to use mine in the spare bedroom. What a welcome sight it will be!
    Me too. Since our spare bedroom doubles as my sewing room, I'll be able to appreciate the quilt when I'm working on another one that way!

I like the idea of quilts being used, but I also have a big empty patch of wall that's begging to have a quilt hanging on it. So I'm thinking that when I finally finish a couple of full-sized quilts, I'll rotate them between hanging them on the wall and using them on the bed :)

Jan

Jan

I think hanging on the wall is "using" it. It's when they sit in a closet, ignored and lonely, that it's not being used.

Hanging on the wall or on the bed it is a work of art and adds joy to the room. As long as you enjoy the quilt it is doing its job. I agree as long as you don't lock it away somewhere so it won't be seen it doesn't matter how you use the quilt wall hanging or bed cover as long as it makes you happy :!: :D :D :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    I think hanging on the wall is "using" it. It's when they sit in a closet, ignored and lonely, that it's not being used.
    i agree that art quilts are "used" just by putting them on display.

no one would ever say a painting isn't used because its hanging on the wall.

they're both art the only difference is the medium used to make it.

I am not sure what will happen to the one or ones that I am making, I don't have a plan for them, Make them up and see if I have some place for them or if they will be sent to a new home. I definitely want them used.

I'm finishing up my last two Christmas presents today!! The whole time, I'm thinking about learning to paper piece with the tutorials posted here. hehehe FOCUS! I need to focus. hehe

Is anyone going to actually use theirs? Like as a bed quilt? After putting so much work into it, it will be hard to actually use it and risk it getting dirty! lol
    I think I'll hang mine on a large wall in my house. Otherwise it would go on my bed, but then only hubby and I would see it and I really want others to see and appreciate it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    i'm going to use mine for a picnic quilt. i don't care if it gets dirty and used up - i'll make another when that happens.
    You give me heart palpitations! :lol:

Brazen - your enthusiasm is catchy and makes me smile!

As a read all of these posts I can't help but get the fuzzies thinking how something like this has brought so many quilters from literally all over the world to work towards a common goal, "A Dear Jane we can call our own" isn't is great. Thank you Klue because you're the one who spear-headed this awesome project. I can say I know someone in New Zealand, The Netherlands, Canada, The UK, even California and New York :-D and one virtually in my backyard I know there are other placed (outside the US that I don't remember) these are just a few of the places I remember. :thumbup:to us all

Quote Originally Posted by okie
    As a read all of these posts I can't help but get the fuzzies thinking how something like this has brought so many quilters from literally all over the world to work towards a common goal, "A Dear Jane we can call our own" isn't is great. Thank you Klue because you're the one who spear-headed this awesome project. I can say I know someone in New Zealand, The Netherlands, Canada, The UK, even California and New York :-D and one virtually in my backyard I know there are other placed (outside the US that I don't remember) these are just a few of the places I remember. :thumbup:to us all

Me Okie in Spain

:-D :-D :-D :-D

I knew I would forget someone and you're one of my favorite posters

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okie
    it really is amazing how one quilt design can span all countries and all quilting styles.

the jane quilt is loved by all, from traditional to contemporary quilters from the top of the world (in this case Canada) to the bottom (hi blue in New Zealand).

its a true testament to the classic and timeless creative abilities of jane stickle.

i'm thrilled to death that we'll all be sharing this experience together and really look forward to seeing the 40+ jane quilts at the end of this cyber party.

Me too to everything you just said Kelly. I feel very special to have my mini Christmas Jane. I look at it everyday and am amazed by it. Mine will be hung and admired by all of us. My family is looking foreward to my finishing it next year or so. My DH is ready to help keep me on schedule. I'm glad!

Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    Me too to everything you just said Kelly. I feel very special to have my mini Christmas Jane. I look at it everyday and am amazed by it. Mine will be hung and admired by all of us. My family is looking foreward to my finishing it next year or so. My DH is ready to help keep me on schedule. I'm glad!
    I had wanted to make up two quilts until I realized we were doing more than 1 block a week. :oops: (Teach me to read too fast & get too excited!) However, after seeing your Christmas quilt I'm thinking I could double up on the blocks I really like and make a Christmas table runner, or something similar. You have inspired me with your beautiful quilt!

I agree with you Okie. I think this will be a very special project, and when I'm old and grey and I see my Dear jane, that I have than finished for years and years agoo, you can see an old lady grinn...becuase she had just so much fun makeing her DJ with people all over the world! Isn't it amazing?

Page 50 of 247 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 100 150 ... LastLast