Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 152 of 247 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 151 152 153 162 202 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Blog Entries
    I do like someone else said...I mark the back of each block (on the seam allowance) with the block # and also the date I completed it. Maybe someday somebody will find it and be doing something with it and will see that hand written inside the quilt..who knows! I use the permanent Pigma marker to do that. I then put them in baggies.

Jates....Great job!!!! I LOVE your fabrics...they are beautiful and you are doing a gorgeous job on the blocks!! Stick with us...we'll play!!

Jates, your blocks look wonderful, lovely jewel tones! So your sisters think you are stark raving mad to make a Jane quilt??? Well, you are in the right place!!!

As to storing the blocks...I pin the name and placemment of the block to the back. Then I place each group of 6 weeks in a large ziploc bag. I will probably follow Jane's layout for the most part, but I have no reservation about moving blocks if they will look better in another place, due to fabric color.

Jates: Your blocks are gorgeous! Wow, you sure donít mess around once you decide to jump in, do you? ;) Your points are all gorgeous!

Right now my DJ blocks are sitting in a file sheet protector with a printout of the block so that I know exactly which one it is. 1 block = 1 sheet protector. Iíve filled all my file protectors though and need to buy more. Itís either that or stop making blocks. :shock: Iím not too worried about what order they are in. Since Iím doing a scrappy jane, Iím going to put the blocks in whatever order best distributes all the colors. I donít want all the blues clumped together or all the reds. And since I havenít reused any single fabric in more than one block, I think Iím going to continue this way. Only my sashing and background will be the same color, which is the dark indigo blue Kona fabric. In fact, I need to make sure to do less blocks in blue so that the quilt doesnít take on an overall blue appearance once I do add the sashing.

My DD, SIL, and DGS will be here at the end of the week. Then DD & SIL are leaving Eli with me for 2 weeks. I havenít told her Iím in the middle of a Fibro flair-up and Iím not going to admit to it either! I just hope I can keep up with a 2 year old for a couple weeks. Keep me in your prayers everyone. :lol: I'm so excited!!! I even had a dear friend donate a huge bag of flannel scraps for him to play with. I don't expect I'll get too many of my Janes done during the first half of July.

If I disappear, it is because my computer is slowly dying. Some days seem a tad better than others but the short end of it is that Iím going to have to get a new computer. Likely itíll take a couple months and Iím hoping this one lasts until then. I thought I was having a mouse problem but after several new mice, we realized it was the computer. At first it wouldn't allow the mouse to work the bottom half of the screen but now it fights me no matter where I try to move the mouse. And slower than dirt!! Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Okay I have another question for y'all. How are you keeping track of your blocks once they are made. I know Lesley labeled each of hers, what are others doing? I am thinking that I may not want to try and figure out where each one goes just by look once I have 200 blocks stacked up! LOL So I'd liek to have a system in place now.

Rachel
    i use quart size baggies for the blocks (each one has it's own baggie) with a piece of paper stapled with the name of the block, the number(b2, i9, ect) and the week. the triangles get the same but i use gallon size for them. then they all go into clear plastic shoe boxes.

lovely blocks jates

Nice work jates!!

Glad you mentioned about moving the blocks Meredith, I wondered about that, think I am going to be moving a few of mine too

Blog Entries
    I'll be moving some of mine if they don't look right in the spot where they are supposed to go. I'm going to use Jane's layout as a starting point.

Good luck to you Tiff! I can barely keep up with the cat, let alone a 2 yr old!! :lol:

I started with an easy layout, as I want a random look, but I also want a RTW with the reds, greens and blacks in three places and the 4 star blocks in the middle all will be gold stars with a black background (all different fabrics), if that makes any sense at all. :? If that doesn't look right, I'll play with the layout until I'm happy! :) However, in the end whatever looks best to me, is where each of the blocks will land!!

The way I see this, my fabrics are different, my construction is different and I would imagine Jane's quilt was hand sewn?? So mine, is so very different that changing the blocks around doesn't even matter, as it is already personalized! :lol:

ButterflySpain, Athenagwis, Sandpat, Wilhelmina, Tiffany, Luvmortherest, and Janstar thank you all for your kind words and warm welcome! I'm learning from the best- so thank you all for all of your shared wisdom. I have so enjoyed following these postings and seeing all of your blocks come along. They are all incredible and great inspiration- and a lot to live up to- whew! This quilt is a great challenge and I am learning so much. Thank you all again!

Bought some large plastic bags yesterday and sorted mine out into rows. I marked on the outside the ones that are in there and the ones that are missing :? still seems a lot to do. :shock: Havenīt got one row completed in any of the packets :?

Blog Entries
    Jates...we are all so glad to have someone else to play with! Believe me...this is a real learning experience for me. I should be a "big girl" quilter when I'm done with this!

I think you are doing a wonderful job on yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    I should be a "big girl" quilter when I'm done with this!

Haha!! :) Me too!

Rachel

Blog Entries
    Hi, all, anyone ready for the next week yet??? (week 27)

Not quite ready but will be by the week end I hope.

Elle

Blog Entries
    I have finished it . week 27 that is not the top lol

I have one block done for Week 27...maybe by the end of the weekend mine will be finished! :)

Blog Entries
    I've started a new thread for week 27, so when you are ready, fellow Janers!

So we happen to be getting a small chunk of money soon and hubby offered to get me a used LA machine that we saw (cause he knows I have been drooling even though I knew it was beyond a long shot). But he says my monthly quilting budget still won't go up!! :( LOL Guess I can't complain too much, though I personally think he should throw the DJ rulers in with the cost of the machine because I shouldn't have to get that with my budget since technically it'll help me create a better quilt to go on my LA machine right??? :) :) Haha We look at the machine tomorrow, and I am kind of nervous of spending the money that way, I feel like it should go to something bigger and better, but hubby keeps reminding me that this is extra money we never would have gotten anyway so it should be used for something fun. The funny thing is it's just enough for the price that is being asked plus a little more for practice supplies, so that's like a sign right? ..... :) :) Sorry I know this isn't really DJ related, but I love talking to you guys!!! :) Hmmm well on the DJ front, I am working on my third block right now, A-3 .... woo-hooo!!!

Cheers!!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    So we happen to be getting a small chunk of money soon and hubby offered to get me a used LA machine that we saw (cause he knows I have been drooling even though I knew it was beyond a long shot). But he says my monthly quilting budget still won't go up!! :( LOL Guess I can't complain too much, though I personally think he should throw the DJ rulers in with the cost of the machine because I shouldn't have to get that with my budget since technically it'll help me create a better quilt to go on my LA machine right??? :) :) Haha We look at the machine tomorrow, and I am kind of nervous of spending the money that way, I feel like it should go to something bigger and better, but hubby keeps reminding me that this is extra money we never would have gotten anyway so it should be used for something fun. The funny thing is it's just enough for the price that is being asked plus a little more for practice supplies, so that's like a sign right? ..... :) :) Sorry I know this isn't really DJ related, but I love talking to you guys!!! :) Hmmm well on the DJ front, I am working on my third block right now, A-3 .... woo-hooo!!!

Cheers!!
    Rachel
    Congratulations Rachel, I think you definitely have a keeper there in your DH. Plus once you have had some practice, you might be able to do other people's quilts and get a little bit of income to add to your quilt budget. Yeah!

Blog Entries
    Thats what I was thinking Rachel...once you practice some..take in other's work and there you go...extra $$ to support your habit! :lol: :lol: Congrats on the machine and I think your DH deserves a hug!

You girls are right!! :) i will have to look into that once I have lots of practice. LOL I did have a good day today though, I met up with a girl from the board who lives in my area. She had some oranges for me, and we met at my favorite quilt shop and they so happen to have the rulers for sale, so I bought them. :) :) Yay!! Now I can do some tris too! :)

Cheers!
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Yea!!! You'll really appreciate having the rulers..they are so helpful. So...did ya' get the LA?

We went to look at it today, and I am pretty sure we will go for it, we just need to make sure the table that she has with it will fit in our basement. If it doesn't we'll have to get a different table, but I used the machine and it really wasn't bad at all, I don't think it'll take long to learn at all!! :) I am very excited!

:)
    Rachel

Blog Entries
    Ooohhhh....I'm excited for you! What kind is it?

Page 152 of 247 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 151 152 153 162 202 ... LastLast