Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-03-2010, 08:26 PM

a quick question...I hope someone has already figured this out for me. LOL. I have not got my book yet, can someone tell me what the 13 colors are in DJ quilt...the Around the World diamond shaped rows. I can see, from the center, the rows go like this....green, yellow is next,____, ____, pink, purple (maybe), red, and can't even guess on the rest. Anybody know the actual colors? Helllllllpppp!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:33 AM

Help, I thought I understood how to do the paperpiecing as I printed off all the tutes and studied them and then I started yesterday and am lost. I don't have software because I have a Mac but Klue send me the patterns. I cut out paper patterns for each piece and then the strip section, I can't seem to figure out how to go about it. Do you glue the thin paper to each small piece, leave it and sew all the pieces to the strip sections. I've made a mess. Will try again today but would appreciate a real SIMPLE first and second step. Thanks~Grandma doesn't get it!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by martha jo
Help, I thought I understood how to do the paperpiecing as I printed off all the tutes and studied them and then I started yesterday and am lost. I don't have software because I have a Mac but Klue send me the patterns. I cut out paper patterns for each piece and then the strip section, I can't seem to figure out how to go about it. Do you glue the thin paper to each small piece, leave it and sew all the pieces to the strip sections. I've made a mess. Will try again today but would appreciate a real SIMPLE first and second step. Thanks~Grandma doesn't get it!
That's because it's more complicated than it seems. Amma has done a wonderful tute on paper piecing, and I urge you to follow it. I have a hard time explaining..I get to about the third thing to do and can't explain.

I'll try to find the tute and get you a link. Set it up right next to where you sew so that you can watch it at the same time.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 AM

Okay, here's Amma's tute - hope it helps!!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-5148-1.htm
Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 AM

I have done hers but it is onto one big piece and I got it but when I go to the divided sections I get lost and everything turns wrong way, etc. Will try again today. Thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 06:58 AM

Don't get frustrated...well, too late for that. What I mean is, don't give up. Once it clicks, it's easy as pie. So...other thoughts...there are DVD's out there, and I know that my LQS has a class that teaches the technique every once in a while.

Also, in the interim, have you looked at Rhonda's tutes for the cut-down method?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by maryb.43
a quick question...I hope someone has already figured this out for me. LOL. I have not got my book yet, can someone tell me what the 13 colors are in DJ quilt...the Around the World diamond shaped rows. I can see, from the center, the rows go like this....green, yellow is next,____, ____, pink, purple (maybe), red, and can't even guess on the rest. Anybody know the actual colors? Helllllllpppp!
I am not sure what the 13 colors are. I know it was in the CW color palette. If you need a color photo of Jane you can see it on dearjane.com I hope that is helpful Maryb
Cher
Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by maryb.43
Here's from Brenda's website:

http://www.dearjane.com/newbie_info.htm

go to the Trip Around the World, which is question #2 and it tries to layout the colorway!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 AM

Thanks Esqmommy that is exactly it I would not have thought to look there I would have just looked at the picture and pulled my hair out. Wow your good. :thumbup:
Old 01-04-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by cheriffic
Thanks Esqmommy that is exactly it I would not have thought to look there Wow your good.
Good? Not really, it's just the power of the internet!!!...I typed "13 colors in Dear Jane" into google, and that site was about 3 or 4 down...seemed dead on, so I looked around, and sure enough, there it was!