Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Banned

i plan on making a pattern for the optical illusion quilt i'm currently working on.

its a small illusion and you can keep adding units to make it bigger if people want a big quilt.

the one i'm making is 4 panels in the center and the 1/4 of the design in each corner to square it off.

i plan on making the last panel at the end of february and i'll make a detailed tute on how to do it.

its really not hard at all - if you can make a 4 patch you can make an optical illusion.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tiffany

My local group is going to run about a month behind this one. That will give me plenty of time to do up all the blocks and discover any problems I have so that I can pass along what NOT to do when my friends attempt theirs.
thats wonderful that you'll be able to do that - i think the "Don't Do This" is the most important thing when making blocks.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
i plan on making a pattern for the optical illusion quilt i'm currently working on.

its a small illusion and you can keep adding units to make it bigger if people want a big quilt.

the one i'm making is 4 panels in the center and the 1/4 of the design in each corner to square it off.

i plan on making the last panel at the end of february and i'll make a detailed tute on how to do it.

its really not hard at all - if you can make a 4 patch you can make an optical illusion.
I can definitely make a 4 patch!!! I'm really looking forward to your tute (toot!) and will be eagerly watching for it.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:28 PM

Wow, you guys have been so busy while I've been asleep... it's going to take me TWO coffees to catch up! :-)

Klue... I love your optical illusion quilt, it's absolutely stunning. I have a small book on my desk that was made for children but contains optical illusions and I often sit and leaf through it... quilt ideas jump off many of the pages and I'm dying to try turning some into quilts.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:30 PM

i'd love to have a go at one of those quilts too, maybe, perhaps?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned

maybe we can do a side project to the cyber party.

we can do the jane stuff and then on the "off" weeks we can all work on the optical illusion quilt together.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:26 PM

maybe we can do a side project to the cyber party.

we can do the jane stuff and then on the "off" weeks we can all work on the optical illusion quilt together.
Count me in! Hell, sleep is over rated anyway. ;-)
Old 01-06-2010, 03:45 PM

You rock girl!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:48 PM

who cares about doing anything else anyway? Housework - OMG I forgot that, ironing - hey I'm ironing my blocks, and as for cooking - oh I always wanted to diet!!! LOL!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Klue - I am drooling over here for your Optical Illusion quilt!!!!! I cannot begin to tell you how badly I want to do one of these and have for about 10 years now. Do you have a pattern you buy or are you making them yourself? Darn, I'm so envious of your hubby right now!!! (Let me wipe the drool off my keyboard before it floats away.)

The more I think about it the more I like "Confetti Jane." I'm sure I'll think of other names that I can't repeat here before I'm done with it but that's the name that will go on the label.

My local group is going to run about a month behind this one. That will give me plenty of time to do up all the blocks and discover any problems I have so that I can pass along what NOT to do when my friends attempt theirs.

I may print your illusion quilt out to hang on my design board for inspiration! (Still drooling!)
LOL You're a funny chick! There were four letter words flying through my head when I was working on BR2 and last nights E12 also.

PS: I love Confetti Jane!