Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
Doesn't this woman realise just how much money we have all spent on tools etc for doing this quilt, she should be thankful to us for the meals on her table, instead of creating this atmosphere of dread! I don't see much 'JOY' here at the moment, it really isn't the right attitude towards quilting is it? I am absolutely amazed at her attitude!
the author didn't contact the forum saying to take it down, its the forum just trying to avoid any conflict.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Banned

we are allowed to chat and post finished pics - its just the tutes that are gone.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:05 PM

Hi all...just read thru this. NO ONE PANIC!!!!!!!!!!! First off, we can get thru this and work around the restrictions. Tutes can be done by email. So, I will volunteer to make an email distribution list. Everyone PM me your email address as well as phone number (if you are comfortable doing so), and i will be responsible for sending out the tutes to everyone weekly (so long as the tute writers are willing to send them to me). Tell all your friends following the cyber sew and we can get a good distribution list compiled. For those of you who don't have email, or can't participate this way, then you will have to work out how to learn to do your blocks.

I don't think the blocks, as labeled by A-1, etc. is or can be copyrighted. If that's the case, then we can say something like :
Row 1, Block 1, etc...

Then, we can refer to this as the Jane Stickle Quilt Cyber Sew...KLue, any conflict you see there? If anyone needs patterns or what-have-you, we can do that individually, and not thru the board.

Does that sound good? I'm just writing as I'm thinking here, but PLEASE ALL - DO NOT PANIC!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Banned

i've been told we can not send stuff by email - that is how this entire thing started.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 PM

I also have a lawyer friend (what are the odds) that does some copyright work. I'll ask his opinion, and see if what he says contradicts some of the QB's concern's - and if they are comfortable taking that advice...when I get it. I'll be in touch with Patrice and Admin about that as soon as I can get the info.

No one worry about this or leap to any conclusions. This is very, very workable ladies!!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Who's going to stop me from emailing what I want? No one can tell me who I can email to and who I can't. It's got no connection with the board.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 PM

Also, in Patrice's letter to you, it states we can't post tutes in the "public domain" - my email is private domain.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:26 PM

And hey...what if we actually checked in with Brenda about this? I don't want to draw attention, but at the same time...I wonder what it takes to get her permission to use the name? If it's money, not going to work. But we could offer to use her name, etc. Do you have any ideas about that KLue? I know you've heard her speak. Maybe I'll try to contact the "that quilt" blogger and see if she's willing to talk about her experiences.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

i'm just explaining what shadow and patrice have said and every post that refers to emailing of dear jane stuff will be deleted.

shadow was up until 4am going thru all my posts looking for anything that might expose admin and she deleted it.

i was told point blank that i am not to do this any longer.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

i don't think its our place to approach people about putting this stuff on the forum.

admin and the moderators are intelligent people and if they want that to happen they should contact them and ask for permission.

i am not able to negotiate deals on admins behalf.