Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 05-24-2010, 02:43 PM

Lesley it is absolutely gorgeous. An up date on my son, He has been diagnosed with CLL, which is a form of leukemia, we will know more in 2 weeks when the Docs all gather the infor.We do know he will have to have chemo. So more prayers please. I thank all of you for the prayers before too. He is taking it well and is very determined to beat it. Jo
Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 PM

Lesley, hate you, hate you, hate you!!!!! How could I ? I just love what you have done so far, it is fantastic and you must be soo thrilled to see it coming together like that. I too am impatient to see what my quilt looks like, but stapled each one into a display book at the beginning and can't face now undoing the system because I am being impatient. The biggest problem you are going to have is choosing which quilt you want to use on your bed!

jolo - that must have been devastating news for you about your son, I will pray for him and you all for his health and improvement!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Sara and Jolo - Jo, I am so sorry to hear about your son - it must be devastating for him and the rest of the family. I hope he makes a full recovery - please keep us up to date with how he goes on.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 PM

Thank you very much
Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM

It's looking so good Lace!! I'm excited for you!!

Sorry about your son Jolo, prayers going his way.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Oh Jolo, so sorry to hear about your son. I wish him lots of strength for healing. We have a good friend who had leukemia and he's fully recovered, 10 years later. He got a bone marrow transplant that saved his life.

And to you Leslie - rasberries are coming out of my mouth...hard to translate that on the internet. It's my jealous side - you are sooooooooo absolutely amazing. Isn't it the most beautiful quilt???????????? Wow!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:54 AM
Power Poster

Oh jolo...I'm so sorry to hear the news about your son. He seems to have the right attitude about it......beat IT!!!

Lesley...now why would we not be happy with you about laying all that out and all your hard work???? Its prettier even that I thought (and I've thought it was pretty spectacular all along!) I love how the tri's look all snuggled in there with the blocks. Keep going girl....I wanna see more!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh jolo...I'm so sorry to hear the news about your son. He seems to have the right attitude about it......beat IT!!!

Lesley...now why would we not be happy with you about laying all that out and all your hard work???? Its prettier even that I thought (and I've thought it was pretty spectacular all along!) I love how the tri's look all snuggled in there with the blocks. Keep going girl....I wanna see more!!!
Here you are Patti, the first two rows stitched together (with cornerstones) and quilted. I have added another row this afternoon, so tonight's homework is to quilt that one. The fabric I chose for cornerstones is warm, mottled batik, and I have enough for the final binding to match. I wanted a sort of neutral colour so as not to get in the way of the brighter blocks. Do you think it looks OK?

Rows one and two together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73251[/ATTACH]

Detail of above
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73252[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-73246.jpe   attachment-73247.jpe  
Old 05-25-2010, 09:56 AM

Lesley, Its boooootiful. I love it. I bet you are thrilled to bits to have got this far. Well done you :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I got my batting today so I will have to sit and take off all that ruddy paper now YUK

Elle
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Lesley, Its boooootiful. I love it. I bet you are thrilled to bits to have got this far. Well done you :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I got my batting today so I will have to sit and take off all that ruddy paper now YUK

Elle
Thanks, Elle. Better to start now, than leave it all until the end.