Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 05-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

I thought you would like to see the design I am quilting in my inbetween triangles. I put my template beside the tri, in case you couldn't see the stitching. You might notice that there is only one cut out on my template, but that is because the blade broke in my craft knife, so I am just turning it over to draw in the other cut out.

I combined two elements from different Celtic designs that date back to 375BC. I stretched out the top part a bit to make it fit the triangle better.

I also finished my last square block today, the one I was dreading the most, G6. In the end, it didn't seem quite as bad as I was imagining, though, having said that, the little star in the middle needs 17 tiny patches in it, and it's only 1 inch square.

My in between (outer) triangles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66462[/ATTACH]

G6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66463[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66457.jpe   attachment-66458.jpe  
Old 05-12-2010, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the design Leslie. I am thinking of a modified Fleur De Lis, the symbol for St. Louis, to do for my plain triangles. I think I can do it. I like how your design looks. Congratulations on getting all your blocks together. I will be there someday!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Power Poster

I haven't finished yet, Shemjo, I still have some tris to do, and three corners, plus the rest of the inbetween tris. I have done 21 so far, and there are 56 altogether. I will also have to stop once the fabric gets here for that wierd skirt I need to alter (long story, it's on my PDA). It was due to be here in the post today and didn't arrive, so I expect it will turn up tomorrow and that will put paid to me finishing until I get the skirt done.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

Thats a very cool design for your "between tri's" Lesley...I really like it! I've played with the colors and I've just about decided to go with the solid color for my "between tri's" too. I'm not sure what design that I'll do though....I have TONS of time before I'm ready for that step.

I like your little G6..you did a great job...you did blocks that were tons harder than that one!! I think we all have! Anyway....congrats of finishing up the center blocks...man...what an accomplishment!! :D :D :D Hmmmm...I'm thinking you need an award for that!
Old 05-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Power Poster

No, this G6 was the one that was really bugging me, but it's good if it isn't phasing you and the others. As I said, it wasn't as bad as I thought, so it was probably all in my head. I did have to trim my seam allowances narrower than I have been doing, but I put some fray check on them just to keep them safe. Last thing I want is for the so and so to fray once its in the quilt.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:25 PM

Congrats Lesley on finishing the center blocks! Great design for the tweeners!
Old 05-12-2010, 06:15 PM

Lesley, just beautiful, and wonderful to have something so very personal to you in Ireland. I think that is just brilliant. The level of your craftsmanship is amazing, not to mention your determination to get on with it. Where do I find your PDA to have a look at the skirt?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:10 PM

Lesley, I love your quilting design really gorgeous, you are just amazing the way you have got this done so quickly.

Just a little note, I have yet started back on my blocks but I will because when once you do get started they are addictive.

I have one more quilt to finish and then I will attack it with a vengeance. Lesley very kindly sent me some of the patterns I couldnīt print out so I have no excuse now. My printer is still up the creek without a paddle, my fault just donīt want to be without my computer as its my lifeline.
Everyones blocks are amazing BTW I lurk every now and again.
Elle x
Old 05-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
Lesley, just beautiful, and wonderful to have something so very personal to you in Ireland. I think that is just brilliant. The level of your craftsmanship is amazing, not to mention your determination to get on with it. Where do I find your PDA to have a look at the skirt?
Hi, Sara, I didn't think to take a pic of this wretched skirt, but you can find the background to the story here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-22961-154.htm
I am expecting the whole thing to come back to me, probably today, and if it does, then I will have to stop and work on that rather than my Jane. Grrr.

Nice that you still pop in and lurk, Elle - I can well understand not wanting to be without your 'puter, I use mine much more than I do the phone, so I would be lost without mine too.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

Great to see you popping in Elle...I wondered when you would be getting back to these...when you do...boy, we'll have another one zooming past us! I can't wait to see you starting up again..I just love your fabric.

I really understand about the computer..I can't live without it for a minute. I'm thinking about buying another one because I'm scared that this one (its old) will crash and I'd have to be "without". You need to go pick up a printer tho'...they're cheap so it won't be too bad. If you need more patterns in the meantime..holler...I could send you some too.