Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 05-13-2010, 05:08 AM

Lesley, your Celtic-inspired design is to beautiful. What a great idea! I love it.

Elle - nice to see you!! It'll be fabulous when we start seeing your beautiful Asian Jane again.

I just about finished week 17 yesterday. Still need to sew down some circles on Batchelor's Buttons, but am already cutting into my first block for 18. I'm waiting for a good "tv night" to sit and sew them down!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:21 AM

Wondering if anyone is as far behind as I am? There was a time when I wasn't able to sew, so I missed out on a lot of information. Remember something about not posting pictures. Do I need and indivdual blog? Could someone email me privately to let me know what happening? [email protected]

Thanks
Betty or Kosmos
Old 05-13-2010, 07:42 AM

Thanks Patti for the offer of the patterns, think I am okay for the moment though. Well thats until I start zooming ha ha ha past you all, you have got to be joking. Anyway, did a good bit of work to the IRR that has been hanging up looking longing at me, this one has been with me ages, not this IRR I might add. However the lady in question was kind and said she wasn´t in a hurry. Also made her a little present for her Looooong wait to at least make me feel better for all the wait she has had.

Elle x
Old 05-13-2010, 01:16 PM

Lesley, I think I would have cried, it is too cruel to ask someone to cut off all that work, she must be a nut case and needs a good smacked backside. On the funny side I hope she's going to be wearing sensible knickers - all I can see is her on stage with the dress up above her ears as the helicopters go up and up. I'll be looking out for it on You Tube. I hope you really sting them with the cost. Think how glad you will be to get back to the normality of Jane!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM

Oh my goodness Lesley, I just read your PDA on that skirt you told me about. She is definately crackers. I did laugh, especially about the bit whereshe wants the skirt inflated HUH ?

Elle
Old 05-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Oh my goodness Lesley, I just read your PDA on that skirt you told me about. She is definately crackers. I did laugh, especially about the bit whereshe wants the skirt inflated HUH ?

Elle
Thanks Elle and Sara, I heartily agree with both of you, and I am really reluctant to do any more work on this wretched skirt, but on the other hand, I feel that I took on the original remit so to speak, and can't really let Gordon down. (Never again, mind you!). Plus it will be some cash that I can spend at the Festival of Quilts, so that is what is keeping me going. I got the dress back today, but the silk still didn't arrive, so I made two mor tris. I am willing to bet the postman brings the new length of silk tomorrow, but it would be lovely if he doesn't. We don't get a postal delivery on Saturdays, so I would have the chance to finish the Jane blocks over the weekend. If not, there is always next week. I made Gordon promise to let me have the link to the You tube video as soon as its done. Apparently, they now think they will need 14 helicopters now because of the larger circle of skirt. Crazy or what? I'll keep you all posted.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:10 PM

this should be a "hoot", as we say in the Midwest.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Power Poster

14 helicopters????? Somebody...please...anybody...come help me up off the floor...my eyes are all teared up from laughing, I can't see and I start laughing again everytime I start to get up :lol: :lol:

Lesley...youtube or not...girl, you gotta show us a pic of this skirt before you give it back to Gordon!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:05 PM

Lesley, At least, you will have the last laugh on this one, as we will ALL be laughing with you!!! :lol :lol
Old 05-13-2010, 08:32 PM

Can't wait to see that one!!!