Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Wow Lesley, I'd say that does count!!! Kinda makes the 1 that I made yesterday feel all lonely, so I won't tell it.

Have you made the kites yet?
Only one so far, the top left one, so they are something I still have to get to grips with.

And yes Esq., I will be happy to help where I can, of course. For instance, I discovered the other day that the tri, RS 13 doesn't print all the pattern if you try and print it out as a foundation pattern. It misses the whole bottom section off. I got around that by grouping the various areas, and then they printed out OK. I know it's theoretically near the end, but if I hadn't written it down here, I am likely to forget. (I put it down to fibro fogs, nothing to do with old age! LOL).
Old 05-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

You'll be up with the rest of us and zooming past us all too soon Rach. I showed my DH your quilt on Lesley's PDA and he asked how in the world you had time to do all these things???? I told him I wasn't sure, but I think you have that goofy wonder woman outfit somewhere deep in your closet.. :lol: :lol:

Lesley, I looked at that kite yesterday and it looked quite complicated...so I immediately clicked on another block. I've found several tri's that don't print the entire thing when you print just the foundation. I've gotten to where I print a full block so I can compare all the foundation patterns to it to make sure before I get up from the computer... :roll:
Old 05-05-2010, 07:05 PM

Ok Sisters in Quilt I believe I have it on this pic of the secret Quilt, Remember I haven't been doing this piecing thing long, But I am doing it, Been Hard at work and have a lot more to do!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47002.jpe  
Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 PM

Ok Sisters in Quilt I believe I have it on this pic of the secret Quilt, Remember I haven't been doing this piecing thing long, But I am doing it, Been Hard at work and have a lot more to do!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47076.jpe  
Old 05-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Power Poster

Wow Pro', don't they look pretty all laid out together. Just the kind of thing you sometimes need to spur you on. Great stuff.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

WOW Pro!!! Those look delicious all laid out there on that pretty table! I love your fabric choices, its so "right now" and looks great! What size are your blocks....they look like they have batting on them...are you quilting them like Lacelady?? Way to go girlfriend and THanks for sharing them!!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:37 AM

Very nice, Pro.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:58 AM

Pro - your blocks are Fantabulous!! I LOVE the colors, and if there are flaws..I don't see 'um!

Lesley, as for the ability to remember how something went together a year from now, and posting it? Fibro or not...who'd remember??!! Are you keeping a journal when you make a block? That may help keep it together.

Yes Patti, my uniform consists of comfy sweats and a t-shirt, unless it's summer - then a tank top and shorts. Only the older I get the longer the shorts are getting. They're practically pedal pushers, but I just call that semantics! LOL. My DMIL thinks her son is being ignored while I sew. I aksed her, "do you think it bothers him" and she said, "oh yes, but I don't think he'd tell you". So I thought about it...he is a total sports tv nut - hockey, baseball, basketball, football, golf ... am I missing anything? Can you believe she thinks I should be sitting with him watching that CRAP to keep him company! I just told her I'd work on it, because I Love her to death, but she is old-fashioned in that way. I think Steve would enjoy it if I hung out with him and got into the games, but he knows I hate them. I think my son will be side-by-side with him soon enough, and sometimes Sophia watches hockey with him and also basketball. So, long story short...that's how I get the time...DH is a sports nut. Makes sense to me...:)
Old 05-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Power Poster

Esq...I think all that falls into the realm of "yes mother"....while smiling sweetly then ignoring the heck out of the advice! If your DH is like mine, he knows that he is MUCH happier when you are happy....so sew away! He probably is thankful that you don't want to sit and watch the sports with him, he'd have to talk then instead of watch and you know how they hate that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 AM

Plus he's awful during games - gets all pissed and yells, blames the refs for bad calls - especially against the Raiders. He's been a fan since he was like 8 years old. He practically blows a gasket every game. Believe me, aside from talking, I think my irritation at his behavior would get on his nerves too!!