Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-14-2010, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by sonwest
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by BlueChicken

Klue... I really like that setting, it just goes to show even one single block can be amazing. I feel like my head is going to explode with all these ideas. I really like the ones set on point too, if I do end up doing a few of a different colourway I might look at setting them on point.
well then this is going to burst your brain.

these are the jane blocks (and others) done in diamonds instead of squares (like squares are so easy).

http://lindafranz.com/index.php?sectionId=66
these are beautiful! I have a kit to do the Jane Austen diamond quilt, but have been sidetracked by so many other projects! I might wait for retirement in 30 years or so!
You could always send it down here for a holiday, I'd promise to take REAL good care of it! LOL ;-)
Old 01-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Banned

Klue... I really like that setting, it just goes to show even one single block can be amazing. I feel like my head is going to explode with all these ideas. I really like the ones set on point too, if I do end up doing a few of a different colourway I might look at setting them on point.

these are the jane blocks (and others) done in diamonds instead of squares (like squares are so easy).

these are beautiful! I have a kit to do the Jane Austen diamond quilt, but have been sidetracked by so many other projects! I might wait for retirement in 30 years or so!
thats a stunning quilt, do you have the kit to make it is warm color reproduction fabrics or is it in blue & white.

i seen them in both colorways.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:42 AM
Banned

You could always send it down here for a holiday, I'd promise to take REAL good care of it! LOL ;-)
LOL

just a side bar, how long is the flight between australia and NZ
Old 01-15-2010, 02:51 AM

LOL

Three hours. :-)

Give or take a few minutes.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:37 AM
Banned

LOL

Three hours. :-)

Give or take a few minutes.
thats great - it takes me longer to fly from new york to california.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by kosmos
Has anyone came up with an iron that is battery or propane like the hair curling iron. Seams I'm all set but that when I take my hand work.
i think you'd run into a battery charge problem. a good iron needs major juice that a charge might only last an hour or so.

how about those seam roller things, i use it all the time when i paper piece, i don't press between each fabric strip like some people do.
Klue, my eyes popped open at this idea. Please explain this seam roller things! I get so irritated at having to stop and press each seam. Is there a better way?
Please tell all!!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 AM

Seams like this has already been explained. I just got excited and carried away. Shouldn't jump ahead of the crowd!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:54 AM

The seam roller is great, but I've been told if you use it on a quilt, use it all the time. Don't iron some and seam roll others or you will be "off" when you go to put it together. I'm not speaking from experience, just an instructor told me that.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Banned

i use it between fabric sections when paper piecing. then when i have the block together and paper removed i press it with an iron.

i've never noticed a problem.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:12 AM

what a good idea, i'll try and get one in our lqs, although i may have to try mail order!