Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Janstar
I'll be waiting for the redrafts because I'm not happy with what I did. Feel like I wasted a whole day!
i just printed them both out now so i can study them.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:28 PM

There are small pieces floating around with no directions as to how they go together. Then when you get them layed out finally on the table there is no direction as how to put them together. I think PP is so much easier and makes better sense. LS10 only had 2 small inset seams but these are something. Thanks Kelly!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned

yes, LS 10 was very easy for me to redraft to avoid those bottom inset seams.

i'll work on redrafting them this week and then i'll do some test triangles to see how it plays out.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Just as a complete change of direction....

what do you guys think about a prize at the end of each six week period, for the biggest blunder?

I just sewed a whole section of a block on backwards, I was so pleased I had perfect points I didn't even realise it was entirely the wrong way! LOL But I never thought to take a photo.

I was impressed the other day when cutebuns posted a photo of her triangle that didn't go well, and Klue has posted a block she plans to redo, it's nice to know that such amazing quilters have things that don't go well. We all know it happens, but you don't really believe till you see it.

So, I had the idea that maybe we should have a blunder prize, that we all vote for the best one at the end of each six weeks. I don't mind sending something from here, or everyone could send a charm square... I haven't really thought this through! LOL But I think if we saw more mistakes we might not be so hard on ourselves. :-)
So far I'd vote for Cutebuns' triangle block. I still get a chuckle when I think of it. Isn't it funny that a blunder block can bring such joy??? I think she should frame it!

I'll be waiting for the redrafts because I'm not happy with what I did. Feel like I wasted a whole day!
((((hugs)))) It may feel like you've wasted the day but you really haven't. We learn, even from horrid days when nothing seems to go right. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! If not, take a couple days off until Klue works her amazing magic and resets them so we can paper piece them. ;)
Old 01-15-2010, 10:30 PM

Thanks Tiffany. I really hate wasting time and doing things over. It's just my nature I guess. I will wait for Kelly's magic!
Old 01-15-2010, 11:48 PM

Just did LS10 today, and left out the bottom row. I was going to applique the triangles on the top...sorta make em bigger, turn em under, glue em down, then stitch around. If it looks okay, I'll post tomorrow. Tried to follow "that quilt" but was horribly confused by the second line for that bottom row! Also, it's mirrored, if any one wants to know, as is one of the other blocks that week...can't recall offhand...
Old 01-16-2010, 01:43 AM

What I have been doing with those really difficult ones that look like a Chinese puzzle is print out the BLOCK with the fabric in it, that way you can place your pieces on it to see what goes with what, some of you may already been doing that so apologies, but this has helped me, they are real horrors though
Old 01-16-2010, 04:51 AM
Banned

Thanks Tiffany. I really hate wasting time and doing things over. It's just my nature I guess. I will wait for Kelly's magic!
i know you like to work ahead because life is, well life.

when you see a messy block/triangle on the schedule just set that one aside and work on others from the list.

not that i'm a miracle working or anything but some of the blocks/triangles i can manipulate a little bit to make it easier.

once we hit march i'll be able to work further ahead but i have some quilts that i've got to finished up first before i can devote all my time to jane.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:25 AM

Klue
Thank you for what you do for us. Don't wear your self out for us we're not in hurry. I haven't heard anyone say they like to pick paper off, me included. I just picked up a block to start to remove paper, when the thought came to take it along instead of hand piecing. Would not have a lot of pieces to try to keep straigth and yet not waste time.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Banned

i take mine around to remove the paper.

i left little bits of paper in some of the best locations in NY