Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Rachael...in your medium group...is the 2nd from the right in the top picture a little dark? It might go better with the darks. I like them all..its better without the little dots..although I liked that fabric.

I like your blocks..they look just fine and at this point, don't sweat the small stuff :wink:
I was thinking the same thing!! :) I believe you are right. Thanks!

Rachel
Old 06-28-2010, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Rachel, love your oranges! I wouldn't worry about the block that is a little different from the pattern, it looks great like it is!
Thanks. I thought at first that I wanted my blocks to be just like Jane's, but I am already starting to feel like I just want it to be a representation of Jane's. Obviously my colors aren't even close, so I guess the block building doesn't need to be exactly like her either!

Rachel
Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Rachel, love your oranges! I wouldn't worry about the block that is a little different from the pattern, it looks great like it is!
Thanks. I thought at first that I wanted my blocks to be just like Jane's, but I am already starting to feel like I just want it to be a representation of Jane's. Obviously my colors aren't even close, so I guess the block building doesn't need to be exactly like her either!

Rachel
LOL, one or two of mine are off, compared to Jane's, but I can assure you that no one will sit there with the book and compare your quilt with it. (Except my DB, that is, LOL). I think he knows every difference. I sorted one or two, and have left one or two!.

And my colours are way different too, and I am very happy with that.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:41 AM

I agree,some of mine are off too,but as I named my quilt Confused Jane due to the scrappy fabs,people can say oh confused little thing. lol I only need to make 2 more blocks today and will have week 27 finished. Will use the week off to finish my appliqued barn quilt and set it together. Pics later.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 AM

Okay I have another question for y'all. How are you keeping track of your blocks once they are made. I know Lesley labeled each of hers, what are others doing? I am thinking that I may not want to try and figure out where each one goes just by look once I have 200 blocks stacked up! LOL So I'd liek to have a system in place now.

Rachel
Old 06-29-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Okay I have another question for y'all. How are you keeping track of your blocks once they are made. I know Lesley labeled each of hers, what are others doing? I am thinking that I may not want to try and figure out where each one goes just by look once I have 200 blocks stacked up! LOL So I'd liek to have a system in place now.

Rachel
What I did, I got a large File and put the clear folders in. Marked the outside of the folders with the week Number and the patterns to be made. When they were made I put them in the folder for that week. It kept them tidy. Of course now I have so many and I couldn´t wait they are lying on the bed.
What I intend to do no is put them in folders marked A1 to A13 as I intend to ¨QAYG in a strip and not individually as Lesley, she has much more patience that I have

;)
Old 06-29-2010, 06:54 AM

I want to thank everyone for your inspiration- I am 10 blocks into my Baby Jane- 2 blocks and 1 triangle into my "not so" perfect baby jane ;)and I am so excited to be making this quilt with everyone's advice, encouragement and expertise! I have tried to get my sisters to make one with me- but they pretty much thought I was stark raving mad! Oh well. When I figure out how to post a photo I will. Thank you to all that have done so much work on this project.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85328.jpe  
Old 06-29-2010, 07:05 AM

Good for you Jates, keep going. Ig you go to the home Page there is a tutorial on how to post pictures on the board.

Basically click on browse below, choose your pic and open it. When you have completed all the pictures you need show us, Click on Send. You have to wait for at least 5 minutes for it to load the pictures on the the thread. Hope that helps.

Elle
Old 06-29-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jates
I want to thank everyone for your inspiration- I am 10 blocks into my Baby Jane- 2 blocks and 1 triangle into my "not so" perfect baby jane ;)and I am so excited to be making this quilt with everyone's advice, encouragement and expertise! I have tried to get my sisters to make one with me- but they pretty much thought I was stark raving mad! Oh well. When I figure out how to post a photo I will. Thank you to all that have done so much work on this project.
Yay! You are farther than me, I only have 2 blocks done!! :) I have no triangles done yet because I don’t have the ruler yet (can’t afford to buy it before I finish buying my fabric, which may still take a while) and it drives me batty not to square up (triangle up?) right after making the block, so I am going to have to wait until I get that to do some triangles. :) Your blocks are pretty!!

Rachel
Old 06-29-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
What I did, I got a large File and put the clear folders in. Marked the outside of the folders with the week Number and the patterns to be made. When they were made I put them in the folder for that week. It kept them tidy. Of course now I have so many and I couldn´t wait they are lying on the bed.
What I intend to do no is put them in folders marked A1 to A13 as I intend to ¨QAYG in a strip and not individually as Lesley, she has much more patience that I have

;)
Hmmm folders, that's a good idea..... I was also thinking of maybe printing the letters on address labels and sticking them to the back of the blocks ..... not sure if that would wreck them though if it was on there for a long time. That's kind of why I don't want to do pins since I know this may take me years, I don't want them to rust or anything.

Rachel