Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle...you are doing your scallops before you do your outer border??? You do need a swift kick to get busy on that applique border! Now get going girlfriend!!

I agree...its a huge project and there is noooo way that I could have done mine with everyone. I keep encouraging people that ask me to get involved here with the group to do it. I just don't think you can make this baby all on your own, well, you could...but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun!
I know I dashed away with mine, but I still couldn't have done it without this board, because I know I would never have stayed the distance. I had my book about two years before we started here on this board. I had made one block and 'knew' that I couldn't do it. I was fairly OK with the applique ones, because I could do that - but at the time I had barely heard about paper piecing, and had no idea how to tackle that technique at all - so thank you all ladies, for spurring me on to learn a new way of doing patchwork.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:09 AM
Power Poster

Where is everyone? I posted the comment above DAYS ago - has everyone stopped visiting now that Patti has finished?

What we could do with, is for you all to bring us up to date with where you are at the moment. Come on, let us know how many blocks you have under your belts.

No recriminations - there are lots of reasons why you might not have kept to the schedule, but it would still be nice to think that you haven't given up, just slowed up a bit.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

Just so everyone knows that we are still here to support you and encourage you on the Jane journey!!!

I think they are all in hiding Lesley..LOl!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:55 AM

Well, I'm here darlin! I'm still the same place I was last year. I did bring my little girls out and touch them last weekend. I'm almost done with my "pickle dish" top, and when I finish that, look out Modern Jane! I want to start in again. I also want to learn to hand quilt those little squares like you guys did. Sounds like a great way to pass some of the evenings where my kids are doing other things and I'm sitting alone. :)
Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Well, I'm here darlin! I'm still the same place I was last year. I did bring my little girls out and touch them last weekend. I'm almost done with my "pickle dish" top, and when I finish that, look out Modern Jane! I want to start in again. I also want to learn to hand quilt those little squares like you guys did. Sounds like a great way to pass some of the evenings where my kids are doing other things and I'm sitting alone. :)
You have a positive attitude, Rachel, and that is the main thing. That will get you there in the end.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:03 AM

ok here i am.

blocks 72, tris 17, kites 0, pieces 2042.

of course since i am doing 2 i guess i can double those numbers.

Rach i know you will get yours done. i have faith in you.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
ok here i am.

blocks 72, tris 17, kites 0, pieces 2042.

of course since i am doing 2 i guess i can double those numbers.

Rach i know you will get yours done. i have faith in you.
Well done. I guess we can call you a double glutton for punishment!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:50 AM

I'm still here lurking... I haven't pieced too many blocks lately because I am trying to get a BOM from last year finished... I have started hand quilting my blocks the "Lesley Way" here and there. I have been putting a dent in my pieced blocks so I better start piecing again. :roll:

Esq: I didn't know how to hand quilt before I started on my Jane blocks. All I did was read online all the how-tos I could find and just started... Granted, mine have a certain "rustic" feel to the quilting, but I think it kind of fits the quilt.

I'll try to post some pics this weekend to show my progress.

blocks 62, tris 6, kites 1, pieces 1128, 12 quilted :thumbup:
Old 02-24-2011, 09:57 AM

so... I see 362pages wow!!!! is there a picture page anywhere?? God, how I wish I had joined the QB earlier - you are all amazing. Have you been quilting as part of your "cyber" project or just [just!!! :o) !!!???] piecing/sewing?

Is anyone thinking of starting this again?? not y'all but maybe those of you that havent quite made it to Sandipat[?]'s level of completion [sorry if I have wrong name]
Old 02-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Power Poster

Cre8...there are several folks who are just now starting...and we are all here still hanging around encouraging and supporting everyone who gives it a go! Just jump in! There s a "Topic" section for the Jane Stickle Cyber Sew and each week has a separate thread. There are pictures of each block/tri and helpful tips in each thread. Of course, if/when you post on them, we should still be getting the alerts, so if you have an issue or question...we'll pop in and try to help...Go for it!