Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 04-15-2011, 04:24 AM

Hi ladies!!! I have miss all of you soooo much. It feels like I have worked on my Blue and Orange Jane for years! It makes me so sad, but I have been struggling with getting my store up and running and had some major trials and tribulations with that. But it is up now (link in siggy if you want to see my blood sweat and tears) and though I still have some clean up to do, it shouldn't be taking as much of my time now (I hope) and my plan is to start back on Jane very soon. So is anyone else not a superstar and still plugging (very slowly) along with me?? :)

Rachel
Old 04-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

Rachel...great to see you!!! I checked out your store quickly...need to spend more time there. It looks great though and congrats on the fabulous job you did with it. I hope it does well for you!

There are more janiacs working on their quilts this year, so yes...there are several plugging along in different stages. Keep going on yours girl..are you making any progress??? Pics please...LOL!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:42 AM

Thanks Pat!! it was a labor of love for sure, but I am proud to say I made it all myself :)

I have made a few more blocks on Jane, but I honestly think I have only maybe less than 10 done (but remember I am actually doing 2 quilts, sot aht's really like 20 blocks) :) I should get a pic of them all together for a little inspiration. Maybe I'll do that tonight and share! :)

Last I read you were so close to finishing your Jane, I assume she's all done now?? What page can I find the final pics on. Where are you keeping her?

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 04-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

I did get mine finished up Rachel...here is a link to the pic..http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-101264-1.htm

Yes...do share your progress...you know we love to look!!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I did get mine finished up Rachel...here is a link to the pic..http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-101264-1.htm

Yes...do share your progress...you know we love to look!!
Wowee!! Your quilt is amazing!!!! You must feel so proud every time you look at it. Do you have it hanging somewhere in your house?

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 04-17-2011, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

LOL...yeah...its hanging all folded up on a quilt rack in my bedroom. Its covered with an old dirty cat hair covered towl because I can't keep the cat from sleeping between the rack and the wall!

LOL...but thanks Rach!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
LOL...yeah...its hanging all folded up on a quilt rack in my bedroom. Its covered with an old dirty cat hair covered towl because I can't keep the cat from sleeping between the rack and the wall!

LOL...but thanks Rach!
Yup that's real life!! My DJ fabrics are in a laundry basket covered with a similar dirty cat hair towel as my cats love to sleep in anything and were getting my fabrics all hairy before I could even use them!! LOL But at least we know our cats love our quilts!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 04-17-2011, 08:57 AM

Sandpat your quilt is magnificent. Cats seem to have a spooky knowledge of what is most precious don't they. I hope everyone doing their 'Jane' sees how lovely your quilt is.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 AM

i just relooked at your choc DJ sandpat. and i still think it is just awsome. i'm going to do my lst one in white and CW. ha, ha, thought i would let you all know how much i luv jane.!!!! lst one.!!!! who knows. and so where on this thread did you all talk about jane and her quilting. does the book show the quilting better? should i buy it? i got the poster from the museum. and i think it helps somewhat. but we are still guessing at the true colors jane actually used.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Look on page 214 of this thread to see how Lesley taught us all to QAYG. The book does show the quilting a little better- I bought it at the end when I was trying to figure out how to quilt mine.

Yeah...Chocolate Jane was my 1st also....we'll see....

Rach, I got her out today to show to someone, its been a few weeks since I've looked at it....its still pretty..:D: