Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 11-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

:lol:...Yes, you must have ESP...its really really good that you took those pics as you went. Evidently I have a hard time grasping things that really aren't all that hard :roll: I don't know, its like I had brain freeze or something. I don't know why, but I just knew that I had to sew block to block, then batting to batting....:roll: Thank you, thank you for straightening me out!:D:
Old 11-23-2010, 02:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
:lol:...Yes, you must have ESP...its really really good that you took those pics as you went. Evidently I have a hard time grasping things that really aren't all that hard :roll: I don't know, its like I had brain freeze or something. I don't know why, but I just knew that I had to sew block to block, then batting to batting....:roll: Thank you, thank you for straightening me out!:D:
No problems Patti, I would hate to slow up production, after all, you might be second to get finished from our January 1st start list of Janeiacs. I know that QWC is getting near the end, but didn't she start before you?

BTW, where has Elle got to? She let us know she was back from Seville, and posted a thread with her pics, and then zilch.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

I think there are several that are near the end now. QWC started 13 yrs. ago I think...so she is due to finish anytime now, don't you think?? :D: Doing it by hand might be slower though and Meredith or Jan might actually finish before I do. I suppose it depends on how much I get to get done during the holidays. I still have one IRR here to work on yet also.

I don't know what happened to Elle...she must be basking in her new purchases that she hasn't told us about yet. :mrgreen:
Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 AM

Elle, Are you OK? Everyone is worried about you.

I am hand quilting Jane's Journey. Haven't counted up how many blocks are quilted, but it's not that many. As the weather gets colder, the hands don't work well - arthritis, so I don't do more than 1 or 2 a night. Will improve as the hands get used to quilting again. Haven't quilted in about 4 years!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

Oh, thats right. I had forgotten that you were hand quilting. I started out doing only a couple of blocks per night. Now I usually can do 4-5. Sometimes I slip onto the couch during the day and do one when I'm supposed to be doing something else (like cleaning or cooking) :wink: If I could figure out how to turn the speaker on on my cell phone, I could maybe do an extra one even! Aleve really helps my hands..they ache when I wake up.:roll:
Old 11-23-2010, 08:14 AM

***Happy Dance***

I have finished all the blocks and tris!!! :lol: :lol:

I still have all 4 corners, I plan to work on those in December, one a week as I would like to have those finished by the end of the year.

I am going to start sewing on the sashings and cornerstones to the blocks, but I am in no rush to finish, as I feel I am way ahead of the schedule!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
***Happy Dance***

I have finished all the blocks and tris!!! :lol: :lol:

I still have all 4 corners, I plan to work on those in December, one a week as I would like to have those finished by the end of the year.

I am going to start sewing on the sashings and cornerstones to the blocks, but I am in no rush to finish, as I feel I am way ahead of the schedule!
Congratulations Meredith - lovely feeling, isn't it?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

Yippee Meredith!!!! And you are ahead of the schedule!! You are ahead of me also since you have some of the sashings and cornerstones sewn on your blocks. Are you going to machine quilt it or hand? Are you doing it yourself or sending it to someone?? I'm excited for you!!! Yippee!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:25 PM

Thank you ladies!

Lesley, it is a nice feeling! I was surprised how good it felt, I was really excited as I was finishing up the last tri! :lol:

Patti, I do have a few blocks with the sashings and cornerstones sewn on, but you have seen them all, there are many more to go! I am going to take my time and enjoy the rest of this quilt. Honestly, there are a couple of blocks that may get a little extra attention... I was counting pieces last night and looking at some of those early blocks, well, I have come a long way... The back of one of my early tris looks like it was in a fight and the front won! BTW, it looks like it would be easy now, but I struggled with it then! :lol:

I will be machine quilting my Stargazer Jane on my long arm, but I need a lot more experience before I put this little gem on there!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:10 PM

Congratulations Meredith! I just finished up weeks 49 and 50 or whatever it is. Anyway I have 7 blocks left and 8 tris left and then the kites. Those last two weeks were so easy it was almost boring! LOL! Now it looks like there are some toughys coming up. I want to do as Lace and Pat are doing for quilting. Excitement is building!!!