Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 10-01-2011, 01:54 PM

headed out, on the road tomorrow. off to VT, among other places. hope to see jane. hope the flooding, etc is better in Vt. we're thinking about traveling across canada from michigan, then down into NY.
the new little dog I got is going with us. SURE, SHE WAS HOUSEBROKE. ha, ha, ha. but there was a good thread on here that i read. cage, cage, luv, luv. patience, patience.
taking a computer with us. sooo, oh,,,, and my jane is going. long quilting frame and all. for late evening relaxation.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
headed out, on the road tomorrow. off to VT, among other places. hope to see jane. hope the flooding, etc is better in Vt. we're thinking about traveling across canada from michigan, then down into NY.
the new little dog I got is going with us. SURE, SHE WAS HOUSEBROKE. ha, ha, ha. but there was a good thread on here that i read. cage, cage, luv, luv. patience, patience.
taking a computer with us. sooo, oh,,,, and my jane is going. long quilting frame and all. for late evening relaxation.
That's the way we went to Saginaw from New Hampshire - pretty route - did a stop-over in Niagra Falls - spectacular! Stayed in Buffalo instead of the falls area as it was much less for the hotel. Older DS went to Michigan Lutheran Seminary, so we went several times a year.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:17 PM

we've have gone to niagra falls several times over the years. stayed on the canadian side. camped when the kids were young. just something besides the good ole USA was nice for a change. we raised tomatoes for years, and there were tomatoe growers we used to see. sounds like you have done a little traveling in your day. me also. i was a military dependent, then my husband did 4 more yrs, after we were married. san bernadino, calif, louisana, and georga. all during a 4 yr span. loaded the motor home today, so to bed early.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:52 PM

Have a safe & wonderful trip!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:54 PM

way to go Karen
Old 10-02-2011, 01:31 PM

I have my book, electric quilt, fabric and I am dying to start on DJ but I made myself a promise I would finish AOTH first. I hope this site is still available when I start on my quilt.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:07 PM

Losie, we will be here for you & if you want, we are also over at AOTH, too as this where most of us came from! :-)

I know what you mean - you're anxious to start a new project, but feel an obligation to finish the current one first. That's how I was with AOTH, I wanted to get Jane's Journey at least partially quilted before beginnign AOTH, plus there were a couple of other obligations I needed to finish first. Finally got the plate cleaned off & away I went with AOTH, but I still have JJ to quilt if it ever cools down enough to quilt her.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:59 PM

way to go fab. you will love your jane. and have no problem at all if you are doing AOTH.
this link will still be here. i've looked at links 3 yrs or so, with quilts the ladies have done. and all ladies will keep an eye on you. you won't be alone.
i quilted 2 blocks or so, on the road, after we stopped tonite. then had to check in on you ladies tonite.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:39 PM

was at the bennington museum today. the original jane stickle quilt is just awsome. surprised me that there were quite a few 'age' spots on her. wonder why they don't use some of these new products out there. i think i heard at a quild meeting several yrs ago that there was something that would take all those discoloring spots out of and old quilt. does anyone know what it is called? and i don't believe she used any batting.
she just did wonderful workmanship. every little triangle, square, circle, melon was near perfect. took lots of pictures. staying just outside of camden n.j. at a RV site.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 PM

You are so lucky Sew to see the real thing!

Our quilt show is this weekend. I'm excited to see everyones work and for them to see my DJ!