[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 11-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by kwhite
I got my templates today. YEAH!!! Let GO.
it is so exciting. i've started to redraft some of the blocks but thats about all i've done.
OMG Klue you've done so much already! I think God put you on this earth to show people how giving and thoughtful the world should be!
i don't know about that, i can have my naughty selfish moments :oops:
Old 11-30-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Brazen
Originally Posted by waquilter
I'm tentatively timidly dipping my pinkie in.
This is me too! I found out about Dear Jane several years ago and quickly found Bonnie's "Quiltville" website as she chronicled her way thru.

It took me two evenings to read thru this whole thread, and looking thru all of the files posted and links shared. Last night Klue shared an ebay seller she trusted and I didn't really think about it and I just ordered the two rulers! LOL

I'm fascinated with Civil War era history, most especially the quilts! :) I love the underground railroad and have THAT started, as well. I hate to not finish that first, because I started it a year ago. I OUGHT to finish it before January, but I just don't know if I'll have the time.

My husband is a combat medic in the Army and he is deploying to Afghanistan in the extremely near future. I already knew I'd be sewing a LOT during the year he's gone... but to think of doing this project, one that is slated to last 18 MONTHS! Craziness! LOL!

Anyway... I'm torn about which way to go, if I TRULY do join in... do I want the book or the software. I actually own EQ5... and never got a handle on using it. So I worry about something as intricate as the DJ quilt! I'd hate to spend $40 and not use it.

Lastly, to end my already too-long post, I would definitely want to use civil war repros and muslin for mine! I'm just worried about my lack of ability. I've made a lot of quilts, but they've all been regular, "normal", patterns. hehe No paper piecing, no applique, etc. Eeeeeek!
Give your husband a hug for me!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Margie
I need help....

Grrrr frustrated....remember reading in this thread about a site with nice fabric and reasonable prices(thinking about joining this but have a few concerns)...one being money lol....I am sure no one understands that. Also concerned that dont have enough experience with quilting to do this...but then how will I get it if I dont push right? Hmmmmm. I am so slooooooow at quilting...worried cant keep up....SIGH

Maybe it was Klue who mentioned the site....anyway...I cant seem to find it because this thread is soooo long. I am pretty sure it was Klue who mentioned the site. Does anyone remember???

Margie
Thousands of Bolts Only One Nut is the cheapest website I've found for name brand fabrics.
Paper piecing is a snap. Promise. My issue is that my longarmer friend said she will not quilt a Dear Jane. Now What????
Old 11-30-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450
This is DJ A-2, civil war fabric
I'm lovin this red and white!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Janstar
I don't understand everything about the software yet, if I ever do, computer dummy here, but I've already printed off quite a few PP patterns. Not sure about technique on some of them but Klue is going to rework some of those for us and tell us how to do the rest. She's our leader. It will be a ton of fun and I'm ready!!!!!!!!
I'm going to go through the teaching steps in the software, but as far as printing blocks, I am following Klues lead and doing them in the order in which the calendar was made. Otherwise, for me it will get all too confusing! LOL
Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
Originally Posted by Margie
I need help....

Grrrr frustrated....remember reading in this thread about a site with nice fabric and reasonable prices(thinking about joining this but have a few concerns)...one being money lol....I am sure no one understands that. Also concerned that dont have enough experience with quilting to do this...but then how will I get it if I dont push right? Hmmmmm. I am so slooooooow at quilting...worried cant keep up....SIGH

Maybe it was Klue who mentioned the site....anyway...I cant seem to find it because this thread is soooo long. I am pretty sure it was Klue who mentioned the site. Does anyone remember???

Margie
Thousands of Bolts Only One Nut is the cheapest website I've found for name brand fabrics.
Paper piecing is a snap. Promise. My issue is that my longarmer friend said she will not quilt a Dear Jane. Now What????
you should join the dear jane list group on the dear jane website.

one the first of each month the longarmers are allowed to post ads about their services.

there's even a lady on the group from lancaster PA that will hand quilt an entire jane.

i think a lot of the professional quilters will be expensive to do a jane because its really a lot of work for them too.

i think very few people pick an all over design when quilting a jane - most people want a more custom look.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
So this late at night I should have kept to the simpler ones, but I didn't, the good thing is that it is done,

A2, One-Two Buckle My Shoe for my DM table topper is done,
You are kicking ass!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
Thanks Klue, I tend to work a lot with little pieces, I did mess up one of the corners on this one and have to go back, warning, the rotary cutting directions on this one are a bit big, I will have to take a closer look at it when I go to do it for the quilt.
This is great!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned

here's a link to join the dear jane group i was talking about.

if any one is considering having the quilting done by a longarmers all the ads will go up tomorrow.

they typically tell you price and shipping amounts

http://www.dearjane.com/maillist.htm
Old 11-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Power Poster

THanks sheree, I didn't get back to them tonight, I played with the kids or rather watched them on the xbox 360 and now just to tired, I hope to get back at them,

I hope to be doing my own quilting though I haven't even thought what I would want done with it, I guess I have a bit to think about it anyway, it won't be done this week or even next.