Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Directions & Discussion. >

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Directions & Discussion.

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Directions & Discussion.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by dlb0526
This is the first time for me to do a BOM quilt. I have made the pattern pcs but I guess I'm too picky about the fabric...... I am determined it will get done!! Thanks for choosing this block
God bless, Dee
We will all be waiting to see a picture of your finished Church block!! :thumbup: Nothing wrong with being picky!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 01-15-2011, 09:21 AM

Okay, will have to find out just how to add the picture on after I get it done.

I can take a picture or even scan it, but how to add it is what I need to know, just what to go into.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by bevysue57
This will be my first BOM. I loved the church pattern. Couldn't get my printer to work, but guestimated the templates and the block came out pretty well. Thanks so much
Hmmm for some reason I am also having printer problems...I get a message that says "printer spool service not running" anyone have a clue?
I was wondering if I could just trace the pattern from my computer screen?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
This will be my first BOM. I loved the church pattern. Couldn't get my printer to work, but guestimated the templates and the block came out pretty well. Thanks so much
Hmmm for some reason I am also having printer problems...I get a message that says "printer spool service not running" anyone have a clue?
I was so excited last night after reading ALL the messages, finally got the computer & printer to connect, printed out template A @ 100%, the 1" test sq. measures 1" but boy the pattern pieces look so small.....how do i know if I am on track as far as the measurments? again they just seem so small, which is probably why I have always avoided learned pp. I have today to sew all day & was really hoping to accomplish today..any help would be very much appreciated.
Sorry , I truly hope I am not going to be annoying .
Old 01-17-2011, 08:00 AM

Measure the test square on all three pages templates, all of three squares should measure 1". If they do you are good to go, and will end up with a 10.5" unfinished church blocks!
Have fun!

I was so excited last night after reading ALL the messages, finally got the computer & printer to connect, printed out template A @ 100%, the 1" test sq. measures 1" but boy the pattern pieces look so small.....how do i know if I am on track as far as the measurments? again they just seem so small, which is probably why I have always avoided learned pp. I have today to sew all day & was really hoping to accomplish today..any help would be very much appreciated.
Sorry , I truly hope I am not going to be annoying .
Old 01-17-2011, 08:12 AM

Candi huge thanks...as you could probably tell I am one of those nervous nellies when doing something out of my comfort zone, which is one of the reasons I am forcing myself to learn this. All my test sq. measured out exactly right, so I guess I am good to go.
Thanks again

p.s. also joined my local quilt guild last week, another huge step out of my comfort zone-boy don't know if I can handle all this..lol :-) :-)
Old 01-17-2011, 08:37 AM

Candi huge thanks...as you could probably tell I am one of those nervous nellies when doing something out of my comfort zone, which is one of the reasons I am forcing myself to learn this. All my test sq. measured out exactly right, so I guess I am good to go.
Thanks again

p.s. also joined my local quilt guild last week, another huge step out of my comfort zone-boy don't know if I can handle all this..lol :-) :-)
I hear you! Yippee for you both on your test squats being exact and joining your local guild, it is good for us to get out of our comfort zone every once and a while!

:thumbup:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 AM

After printing out all 3 templates, B & C look bigger the A even though each 1" test sq measures the 1". I printed it out in landscape mode as was suggested.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:48 AM

After printing out all 3 templates, B & C look bigger the A even though each 1" test sq measures the 1". I printed it out in landscape mode as was suggested.
Please be sure to let us know how your Church blocks turns out!! :D It will be interesting to see if the patterns all match up to just the correct size!! Good Luck, we will be waiting to see!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 01-19-2011, 12:46 AM

I Hope that everyone is still enjoying making their Church blocks. I am overwhelmed with all of the beautiful blocks that have been made so far. Pretty soon February's block will be listed & I can hardly wait myself!!
:D :D :D