Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. >

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
My Mom is looking around on the board...we'll have another newbie soon. She got her pattern printed out today while she was at work. If she isn't a member by the time she gets her block finished, I will post pics for her.
Oh lucky you, both you and your mom quilt. Does she live nearby that you can quilt with her? Maybe she taught you to quilt??
I picked it up on my own. I did help when I was between 7 and 10. Then she stoped and I started a couple of years ago. We both have made clothes. Now she has decided to start quilting again. Both her parents sewed clothes and Granny quilted for a while, now she just crochets. Mama lives about 20 minutes from me and when we get all these squares made we will have to get together in order to get them both quilted and bound.

We both have been surprised as to how much we are alike and have only started discovering it over the last two years. It's like finding a new best friend and I love it and her!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by candi
My Mom is looking around on the board...we'll have another newbie soon. She got her pattern printed out today while she was at work. If she isn't a member by the time she gets her block finished, I will post pics for her.
Oh lucky you, both you and your mom quilt. Does she live nearby that you can quilt with her? Maybe she taught you to quilt??
I picked it up on my own. I did help when I was between 7 and 10. Then she stoped and I started a couple of years ago. We both have made clothes. Now she has decided to start quilting again. Both her parents sewed clothes and Granny quilted for a while, now she just crochets. Mama lives about 20 minutes from me and when we get all these squares made we will have to get together in order to get them both quilted and bound.

We both have been surprised as to how much we are alike and have only started discovering it over the last two years. It's like finding a new best friend and I love it and her!
How sweet! My mom and my husband are my best friends. I have many hobbies in common with DH, but nothing in common with mom. She never did any sewing (never owned a sewing machine even), but she does cross stitching, knitting and crochet, all three of which I tired but didn't really enjoy that much.But, we can talk for hours about anything and everything, and she really is very encouraging of my quilting, even though she knows nothing about the process. If she lived closer, I may have been able to recruit her to the quilting world, alas, as is, I just tell her about stuff, send her pictures, and she oohs and aahs at the correct shots, LOL. :P
Old 01-08-2011, 06:07 PM

I went back through the posts to see all of the churches posted here. I really like ALL of them. Then I had to go through again and think about "What would I do if I had that fabric?" Wow!! So many things!! My husband would have to start cooking - I would not be leaving the sewing room.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 PM

liking the stones -
Old 01-08-2011, 09:01 PM

Finished my block tonight. No printer si had to follow the pattern free hand. I made it 12.5 square. It also is my first ever paper piece and it was fun to make!

January's Church
[ATTACH=CONFIG]156382[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-156377.jpe  
Old 01-08-2011, 10:47 PM

That looks great. Hope mine looks as good as this one!!
Old 01-09-2011, 03:50 AM

Karen, well done with the free hand work! 'over come & improvise' my DH would say...
lovely fabrics by the way!!!

masufa..
great stone fabrics on the your church!!! looks like an old historic church we would have here in the UK!
i love it, well done!!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:56 AM

I just went through all 32 pages looking at all the wonderful blocks everyone has done. What a beautiful assortment of creativity on the part of everyone!!! :) Two that stand out are the one with the woman dancing in the window and the SW one with the saguaro next to it. Incredible, ladies! Thank you
so much for sharing them all!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by karenkrafts
Finished my block tonight. No printer si had to follow the pattern free hand. I made it 12.5 square. It also is my first ever paper piece and it was fun to make!
oh I just Love yours. The colors are wonderful, and the addition of the cross upon the steeple is beautiful. I haven't made my block yet and was mulling this idea around in my head. Now I know I will do it. I think. If I can. If it turns out as nicely as yours. If... :lol:
Old 01-09-2011, 06:29 AM

mmonohon, I love your fabric selection. I especially love the shooting stars fabric for the sky.