Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. >

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures.

Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 AM

[quote=laureneberhardNo, they won't all be PP. The March block is an applique block, but you'll have to wait until March 1st to see it! :P[/quote]

Applique...now this is something I know absolutely nothing about. I'll be here begging for help!!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:34 AM

[quote=MommaDorian]
Originally Posted by laureneberhardNo, they won't all be PP. The March block is an applique block, but you'll have to wait until March 1st to see it! :P[/quote

Applique...now this is something I know absolutely nothing about. I'll be here begging for help!!
This was my first experience with PP and it will also be for applique. Hope it turns out as good as the PP did.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by sally's girl
Hi, my name is Aretta, this is my first time doing BOM and also p/p, got new lap top for xmas so hope I get my version of the church block to show up . Was fun but sorta bewildering at times. My church is far from perfect but here it is. Almost forgot to say lost or was taken by my Boston terrier what was left of church fabric so had to put window in the upper room
It is a gorgeous block! Well done especially since its your first time and having to deal with your Boston terrier too!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 AM

I plan to use scraps for my blocks, but keep the same color for the sky in all 12 blocks. Violet
Old 01-11-2011, 09:12 AM

Lauren you did a beautiful job, love the fabric. Violet
Old 01-11-2011, 09:33 AM

This block got the best of me.......I will conquer it eventually though. I pieced the roof section first, then the windows and they were not the same size. I went solely by the little test square.....next time I will match the pattern pieces before starting. As a result, there is no back wall on my little church (only way to make it line up with the roofing). And I will appllique the windows, door and steeple when I make the next one.

Everyone that did PP for the first time have done an incredible job!! I have PP before, so don't know why this gave me so much trouble. I love the block, so I will attempt another.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-157928.jpe  
Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
Lauren you did a beautiful job, love the fabric. Violet
Thanks A lot of it is my own hand dyed fabrics. I'm hoping to use some in all my blocks. The sky in person doesn't look like it has the pinks and yellows that show up in the picture. I think I like to picture better than the block!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:49 AM

[quote=MommaDorian]
Originally Posted by laureneberhardNo, they won't all be PP. The March block is an applique block, but you'll have to wait until March 1st to see it! :P[/quote

I'll help all I can. It really isn't hard if you just take one stitch at a time!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
This block got the best of me.......I will conquer it eventually though. I pieced the roof section first, then the windows and they were not the same size. I went solely by the little test square.....next time I will match the pattern pieces before starting. As a result, there is no back wall on my little church (only way to make it line up with the roofing). And I will appllique the windows, door and steeple when I make the next one.

Everyone that did PP for the first time have done an incredible job!! I have PP before, so don't know why this gave me so much trouble. I love the block, so I will attempt another.
I love your fabrics! Your church is beautiful.
:-)
Old 01-11-2011, 10:26 AM

I love your block, and the sky fabric is beautiful. I had the same problems with my PP and I thought I had measured all of my test squares. Still scracthing my head. I would like to make another myself because my roof line was a little off on the left hand side. It was fun and I did learn what to do and what not to do; first step, measure, measure measure. Anne