Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 January 2012 BOM pictures. >

1 January 2012 BOM pictures.

1 January 2012 BOM pictures.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
This is my first every BOM and first paper piecing project. After reading that others were attempting PP for the first time, I decided to give it a try. Plus, I have enjoyed all the pretty and nicely done blocks that I wanted to create one too. With the youtube PP tutorial link that someone posted, I was able to do this easy paper piecing project. Thanks!
So, here is my block to share with all of you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]302742[/ATTACH]
WOW!! What a first for you, your block is absoloutely awesome. I just love the fabric's & their colors that you have selected to put together. I am so proud of you & how you managed to conquer the paper piecing method. It really isn't as hard as it sounds, is it? I remember my first pp'ing project & I thought I would never get it, but before long it came so easy & is still one of my favorite ways to piece a block. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 PM

Nickylsf..........Are you trying to confuse me or just playing with your avatar pictures? I noticed your picture was different yesterday & now today it is different again. I think you are having fun changing them for all of us to see. Thanks for the difference!! I Love it.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:01 PM

This is my first every BOM and first paper piecing project. After reading that others were attempting PP for the first time, I decided to give it a try. Plus, I have enjoyed all the pretty and nicely done blocks that I wanted to create one too. With the youtube PP tutorial link that someone posted, I was able to do this easy paper piecing project. Thanks!
So, here is my block to share with all of you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]302742[/ATTACH]

what a great job! I love your colors
Old 01-13-2012, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
I made my block a couple days ago (actually posted it on the discussion thread by mistake) & my battery in the camera was all but out, so the colors turned out pinks...changed the batteries today & here's the correct picture. I love all the different blocks I've seen. I haven't done any paperpiecing in over 10 years, so it took awhile to get back into the groove. One thing others may find a help...I use a postcard on the folding line, fold it back, use my add a 1/4" ruler, trim. Do this for all before adding the next piece. Really helps with that postcard...makes sure your fold line is straight & has a lip to brace the ruler on for your trimming. I am not a big paperpiecing fan, but don't mind doing them occassionally. Let's see what Feb. brings..........
Great snowblossom! pretty!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:04 PM

Oh, I love them all! everyone has done such a nice job! I love the variety of colors! thank you to everyone for sharing your pictures
Old 01-13-2012, 02:57 PM
dd

Finally finished my Jan block with very little ripping. I was pleased about that and how it came out. Just love looking at everyone else. Come on Feb.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
Nickylsf..........Are you trying to confuse me or just playing with your avatar pictures? I noticed your picture was different yesterday & now today it is different again. I think you are having fun changing them for all of us to see. Thanks for the difference!! I Love it.
Sorry for the confusion! I only changed it once.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dd View Post
Finally finished my Jan block with very little ripping. I was pleased about that and how it came out. Just love looking at everyone else. Come on Feb.
Can you show us yours???please????
Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 PM

Thanks.
I was surprised at how easily the pieces and pattern comes together.
I just used the copy paper for this block, but I could see where a thinner paper would be better for removal.
What type of paper does everyone else use?
I'm looking forward to another PP project.
I have always used printer paper or freezer paper and hace been quite pleased with the results. However I just ordered some of Carol Doak's paper on Amazon and am using it today for the first time. It is much thinner and it is easier to pull away from the stitching before trimming with 1/4" ruler. I saw her demonstrate in a video how easily it comes off at the very end. BTW she recommends leaving paper on until the blocks are finished and connected to something else.

Check out the quilt along on this board called "50 fabulous paper pieced stars" for more paper piecing bliss!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
I have always used printer paper or freezer paper and hace been quite pleased with the results. However I just ordered some of Carol Doak's paper on Amazon and am using it today for the first time. It is much thinner and it is easier to pull away from the stitching before trimming with 1/4" ruler. I saw her demonstrate in a video how easily it comes off at the very end. BTW she recommends leaving paper on until the blocks are finished and connected to something else.

Check out the quilt along on this board called "50 fabulous paper pieced stars" for more paper piecing bliss!
I read that too. It is suppose to help keep it in square.