Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 January 2012 BOM pictures. >

1 January 2012 BOM pictures.

1 January 2012 BOM pictures.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:30 PM

Got mine done - better put on your sunglasses cuz it is bright. Hoping it will show the brightness in the pic! The white with snowflakes has all different colors - lime green, turquoise, orange red, etc. the borders are lime green and the center is bright red! Definitely went out of my comfort zone on this - i tend to favor darker colors but i fell in love with the snowflake material a couple of months ago and had to buy it!
Attached Thumbnails picture-7.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 PM

These blocks are so pretty. I enjoy following along.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 PM

This thread is fun to watch what fabric patterns and color combinations everyone uses for their blocks. I love them all!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by ragqueen03 View Post
Got mine done - better put on your sunglasses cuz it is bright. Hoping it will show the brightness in the pic! The white with snowflakes has all different colors - lime green, turquoise, orange red, etc. the borders are lime green and the center is bright red! Definitely went out of my comfort zone on this - i tend to favor darker colors but i fell in love with the snowflake material a couple of months ago and had to buy it!
Oh, I love that snowflake material too! Wonderful!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
Sula, did you get more snow? I'm here in Washington - on the Penisula. We've had temps in the high 20's for the past week and got a lovely 1/4 inch of snow. First snow of winter. Yes, a great day to stay in and snow. Taking the day off work and will get my snow blossom block done today. What a way to live, giggle, giggle
Jeanine, no we haven't got any more snow yet, but we are now forecasted to get up to a foot starting sometime tomorrow (Tuesday) thru Wednesday!! You know what that means? I get to play, play play in my sewing room!! If I get lost in there, you'll need to send out a search party & find me!! Can't wait to see your January block!!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
Love those adorable penguins!

Finally got around to taking a picture of my block (I really have had it done for awhile).

Jeanine, where are you on the Peninsula? We live in Sequim during the summers.
JudyG........your Snow Blossom block tuned out really pretty. The blue's that you chose to put together, blend very nicely. I really like it & it looks like you have done a great job making it. Did you feel like you were making another Star for your 2011 BOM quilt? Thank you for sharing with all of us.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by rbeason View Post
i hope this upload works. here is my block
Another great Snow Blossom block. Your blue fabric's look so well together. I love the leafy print on your fabric. It's amazing how different each block, being shared, look's. Wouldn't all of these blocks posted so far, make one Gorgeous quilt? Thank you for sharing with all of us & keep up the good work.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by ragqueen03 View Post
I put my sunglasses on & then what did I see? I saw the most beautiful Snow Blossom block posted on this thread!! I love your color combination & really love your snowflake fabric, too. I can see why you just had to buy it!! You are going to have such a fun quilt when the year is over. I can't wait to see more. Thank you for sharing with all of us.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:56 AM

Default Beautiful Blocks!

I've not figured out how to post mine, but I wanted to say that the blocks are lovely! I've never paper pieced before, so this was a stretch for me, and it is my first ever BOM. I'm very thrilled.

Keep up the wonderful work everyone!! (is anyone else counting down the days until February????)
M
Old 01-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marne View Post
I've not figured out how to post mine, but I wanted to say that the blocks are lovely! I've never paper pieced before, so this was a stretch for me, and it is my first ever BOM. I'm very thrilled.

Keep up the wonderful work everyone!! (is anyone else counting down the days until February????)
M
Yes.I think most of us are. I can hardly wait