Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 January 2012 BOM pictures. >

1 January 2012 BOM pictures.

1 January 2012 BOM pictures.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by mona202 View Post
ok I printed out the patterns but I have a question. On the template that has the larger triangles, they show a 1/4 seam allowance all around but what about the middle triangles #1 in the lightest blue (this is on the sheet that only has the lightest and darkest blue on it. Does it not fit after you do a 1/4 seam allowance on each side of the middle triangle or is that factored in? I am not sure what I am saying is clear. There are NO INSTRUCTIONS on this so I am assuming I just cut the fabric pieces out using the numbered pattern pieces and make them whatever size the paper has and then look at the block and figure out what goes where?
Hi mona, if you look at the beginning of the pattern, the author gives you a link to her practice square that she recommends to do first. I did that the first time and caught on right away.

For more info here is a link to another tutorial about how to do paper piecing.

http://resources.quiltwoman.com/hint...r_Piecing3.pdf.

And here is another one. http://www.connectingthreads.com/tut...iece__D61.html

I hope this helps you understand how to use the patterns. Have fun! Once you get started you will see it is fun and not hard at all !

Nicky

Last edited by nickylsf; 01-03-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:07 PM

All the blocks are great! They all have their own charm too.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by gh View Post
Yesterday I learned how to paper piece so let's see if I can learn how to post a pic today.
WOW!! Another gorgeous Snow Blossom's block. You did a terrific job for your first paper piecing project & then a first picture posting!! Way to go. The fabric you chose to put together is lovely too. What a well done job. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us here on the quilting board!!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
DH got me an Ipad for Christmas & still trying to figure it out.
Here is my block for January.[ATTACH=CONFIG]300220[/ATTACH]
Mimi......I just love your Snow Blossom block for January. Your snowflake fabric is just darling. I wish I could have found some of that myself!! What a great job. Congratulations on your new Ipad, it looks like you are learning to use it really well!! Keep up the wonderful work.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:20 AM

I just love all of these blocks! I just hope I can do as well. Maybe this weekend I'll find my stuff and can sew.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:33 AM

ok I printed out the patterns but I have a question.
Hi again Mona, here is another link to paper piecing instructions. These are from Carol Doak, one of the experts in the field!

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cGkETwH...ing%20Tips.pdf

If you have questions or need help, please feel free to send me a Private Message.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:46 AM

Love your block and colors. i checked for the pattern and found that it is paper pieced and I don't know how to paper piece. wish I did. I really love this block.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
Love your block and colors. i checked for the pattern and found that it is paper pieced and I don't know how to paper piece. wish I did. I really love this block.
Hello Aquarius, there are many free resources to learn how to paper piece! The pattern itself gives a link to instructions for a simple sample square. This is enough to get you started!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 AM

At the beginning of what pattern? I looked at the pattern given and it shows pics of the ladies that did it and it takes me to the quilters cache but I see no instructions. I am obviously missing something. It is so frustrating to be on here and be so inept when I am. I am computer saavy and use it daily at work and home, I am usually a quick learner etc but with this whole thing I AM NOT. It is making me nuts and I havent even started. I see the other site you gave and I thank you for that but I sure would like to find the one that goes with this specific block. Should I click on the block in the quiilters cache? I thought I did that but didnt see anything but I will try again. Thanks everyone for all your tips and links. I am saving every one! I feel like such a dunce...
Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 AM

At the beginning of what pattern? I looked at the pattern given and it shows pics of the ladies that did it and it takes me to the quilters cache but I see no instructions. ..
Yes in quilters cache. At the top of each pattern page she gives a link to her simple tutorial.