Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
1 November 2011 House BOM picture's. >

1 November 2011 House BOM picture's.

1 November 2011 House BOM picture's.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by kathyquilts40 View Post
Where did you get that interesting castle pattern? I am new at this. Thanks!
[email protected]
Hi Kathy,
Helen found this Castle pattern, on the internet, from the Paper Panache site. It just looked so neat that we had to give it a try. It has certainly been a favorite of everyone's. I am adding a link for you to find this pattern & crossing my finger's that it will work for you. If not, I will send you an email. I just know that you will love making it!! I hope you will join us in making the 2011 House blocks of the month.

http://www.paperpanache.com/free/gue.../guestarc2.htm
Old 11-14-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by marymc View Post
Well my castle is complete but I can't get the picture to load. I will try, try again!
Mary,
I hope you keep trying to post a picture of your Castle block, as we are all so anxious to see it. I can hardly wait!!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by janiesews View Post
it's beautiful. Love your color choices and the birds in the sky.
Thank you Janie for the kind words about my Castle block. I was lucky enough to buy that sky fabric, here on the quilting board, from one of our member's. I also thought the birds added a nice touch.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 AM

where is the pattern?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

Hi, really dumb question. I know that others have done this so it must not be hard to do. But for some reason my mind just will not go there. How do you do the small squares at the top of of the castle? Hope you understand what I mean.
Thanks for any help I can get. If someone doesn't want to post here can you PM me? Please BrendaK
Old 11-15-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
Hi, really dumb question. I know that others have done this so it must not be hard to do. But for some reason my mind just will not go there. How do you do the small squares at the top of of the castle? Hope you understand what I mean.
Thanks for any help I can get. If someone doesn't want to post here can you PM me? Please BrendaK
Hi Brenda,
No, I don't think it is a dumb question at all. I think my answer might seem dumb, but I am going to give it a whirl.
Of course it is paper pieced. I cut that section out & held it up like a ladder. Then I started at the top & paper pieced each section on, until it was finished. Be sure to leave a quarter of an inch on both sides so you can attach it to the castle & the roof. Please let me know if this answers your question. If not maybe someone elase has a better way to explain it!! Good Luck.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by chansen View Post
where is the pattern?
Hello there,
Here is the web site for the November Castle block pattern. I hope this answers your question. Have fun making this month's pattern.
Sulabug

http://www.paperpanache.com/free/gue.../guestarc2.htm

If this link does not work for you, go to the top of this page & click on the link that I posted for Kathy. I know it works!!

Last edited by SulaBug; 11-15-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
Hi Brenda,
No, I don't think it is a dumb question at all. I think my answer might seem dumb, but I am going to give it a whirl.
Of course it is paper pieced. I cut that section out & held it up like a ladder. Then I started at the top & paper pieced each section on, until it was finished. Be sure to leave a quarter of an inch on both sides so you can attach it to the castle & the roof. Please let me know if this answers your question. If not maybe someone elase has a better way to explain it!! Good Luck.

I thought these really small pieces would be difficult to do, but they actually weren't. It was easier for me to use pieces that extended more than a quarter of an inch on either side and then trimmed the excess after they were finished. Just begin at the end and alternate the 2 fabrics...it really is easy.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:50 AM

It looks great!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:57 PM

I love all of these houses! I'm still behind, but am improving. Shingles gone, turns out the original pain I went in for was my rotator cuff, the shingles was just an unrelated "gift". At anyrate, I love looking at these. I printed off the castle and thought it was do-able. Then I reduced it by 50%, as I always do; and oh oh. Those little ones were too little. I can't see how I can do them. So I am appealing to you all for ideas on how to do them. So in other words - HELP.

Thanks all,
Jeanine