Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 1-October-2014 Block of the Month Direction's * Discussions.

Blog Entries

1-October-2014 Block of the Month Direction's * Discussions.

Good Morning Ladies,

Now for the Block of the Month Directions. The block for this October is called the HUG block. I found it quick & fairly easy to put this cutie together. I hope you will feel the same. So get your machines out & start making your HUG block for October 2014. I will be looking to see your photo's, on the Block of the Month Photo thread. Have fun!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    a 16" version is available at McCall's Quilting:

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patte...html?idx=13904
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Sulabug, That Hug block attachment doesnt give me sizes to cut the squares. is it meant to? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
    Sulabug, That Hug block attachment doesnt give me sizes to cut the squares. is it meant to? thanks
    M-fay, it looks like the squares are 2" and the rectangles are 2"x 3 1/2". When sewn you would have a 12 1/2" block that would finish in your quilt at 12". Which is what our other blocks are.
    i always cut my blocks a smidgen over (include the ruler n
    line instead of being right on it) so that I have a little wiggle room. Nothing is more frustrating than getting your block finished & it's 12 1/4".
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
    a 16" version is available at McCall's Quilting:

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patte...html?idx=13904
    Thanks Patrice, I'm going to use their technique -just change the measurements to 3 1/2" & 2".
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Blog Entries
    Here I thought I created a new design -I made this same pattern last week in shades of green out of scraps for my SIL's kitchen chairs. I had to make the seats 24x24 and the backs were in 2 pieces=frt and back at 18x24. I must have shuffled and shifted my scraps a 100 times in 2 days and gone through a couple dozen quilt books looking for just the right pattern. And here you all were sitting on this the whole time. LOL Well they quilted up so beautiful that she wants these blocks in a car quilt. Also in greens. Back to the scrap totes. : )

Thanks, SulaBug
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

thanks mimi

I know it is me but I don't understand your directions. I am not a long time quilter and I guess I do better with more details. Anyway you can expand on these directions a little? thanks, I always enjoy looking at your items. You are a fabulous quilter! Diane

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dcamarote View Post
    I know it is me but I don't understand your directions. I am not a long time quilter and I guess I do better with more details. Anyway you can expand on these directions a little? thanks, I always enjoy looking at your items. You are a fabulous quilter! Diane
    Diane............so glad to hear from you & I am sorry that these direction's are confusing to you, but it makes sense to me also. When looking at the picture of the gray stripes you will see that they are cut 2" wide for all of your colors. Then you take those 2" strips & cut them into 2" square's & 2" x 3.5" rectangles. The diagram to the top left shows the block with the squares marked A & B. The squares marked A are the 2" X 2" ones & the B squares are cut to 2" X 3.5" lengths. If this doesn't help, please look at the link posted by PatriceJ, right under my instructional post.
    Clear as MUD, huh? Please get back to me if you are still needing more help. I am more that happy to help you out. GOOD LUCK!!
    Last edited by SulaBug; 10-04-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hello Everyone,

This month is soon coming to a close & it is going to be time to post the new Block of the Month for November. I hope everyone is caught up & ready for the new pattern, because I think those of you that have made this month's block will really like this next one!! At least I am hoping so. Keep an eye out for the posting on November 1st.