Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!! >

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

Old 04-01-2015, 11:17 AM

I am always up for a table runner! Thanks, Judy, for including directions for so many different sizes! Haven't decided on background yet-either white tone on tone or cream....
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-01-2015, 02:31 PM

Love those purples, jillmc...
Old 04-02-2015, 03:35 AM

Wow, the size of everyones "scraps" are the size of my fabrics in general. Does that mean I save much more smaller pieces or I work with bigger scraps in general??? To ponder? Loving those fabrics, I can see me just having a field day if I could pick out what I wanted from everyone's stash for my "scraps". Nice stuff. Can't wait to see this come about. Left some omelet roll up wraps and pineapple cupcakes for everyone. Enjoy.

Last edited by AnngelAnne; 04-02-2015 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:05 AM

For my part, AnngelAnne, all of my small scraps get cut into 2 3/8" squares for pinwheel blocks. And I use the pinwheel piecing for my leaders and enders. So, my scraps are what's too large for the pinwheels. And any fabric that I want out of the stash. Gotta rotate the stock, lol.

Yum, I'm heading to the club car for a pineapple cupcake. Thinking I'll bring some spinach dip and sodas. Ready for Saturday because I might change my mind on my fabric. Thinking they aren't clear enough in their color group. 😳
Old 04-02-2015, 07:13 AM

You are right Anngel Anne, the pieces I posted are way to large left-overs from another project (years ago) and the blender 'tapestry' that I binged on before retirement and purchased in every color my LQS stocked and a couple of colors from a shop hop to once a year Quilt Shops....what you see is what is remaining ten years later. These are what I am planning to use on MQTR#10, but, as in the past, everything could change on Saturday. BTW have been making string blocks with all the smallest pieces all week because have been too weak (pun intended) to do much else...so, really making a dent in scraps!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets View Post
For my part, AnngelAnne, all of my small scraps get cut into 2 3/8" squares for pinwheel blocks. And I use the pinwheel piecing for my leaders and enders. So, my scraps are what's too large for the pinwheels. And any fabric that I want out of the stash. Gotta rotate the stock, lol.

Yum, I'm heading to the club car for a pineapple cupcake. Thinking I'll bring some spinach dip and sodas. Ready for Saturday because I might change my mind on my fabric. Thinking they aren't clear enough in their color group. ��
Thanks BlueBonnets, it is interesting to see what people think of scraps. 2-3/4 inch is not very big, but I like that you deal with them right from the get go and know what you will do with them. I know when I first came on quilting board all I did was read, too afraid to do, now I get into things and am much better at organizing just from all I have learned here.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:20 AM

Bluebonnets keys faster than me.....or I proofread longer.....or pause for coffee before hitting post.....really glad I am not the only one who changes up some of the fabric after reading the first sewing clue. giggle

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 04-02-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:26 AM

Sunlite, rarely does the original pick of fabrics get used when many of us start to cut. LOL I know I agonize and ponder and search in the bins I've checked twice before, always sure I will some up with a better choice.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:37 AM

<3<3<3
Old 04-02-2015, 11:59 AM

Judy, that's why I am waiting to see the next clue before picking out my fabric. I know I would change my mind once I saw it.