Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!! >

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

#10 mystery quilt train ride - more scraps!!

Old 04-14-2015, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

You all should come over to the pincushion/needlebook swap. We are a small group,but very silly and friendly. Karen (Klaws) is our host.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:10 PM

Default Bated breath

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
I don't think I have met such an amazing bunch of people as I have here, all strangers and yet all family and friends. The love and giving, the warmth and reaching out I just can't fathom it sometimes. Do I really live in such a secluded life I don't see it like I do here? Jolo, I love you got so many blocks, we are all waiting with baited breath, (wonder where that saying came from, that is the saying, right?) to see what you do with these blocks. When I think of someone taking all your hard work, yes, but more your loving touch and memories and enjoyment. Much more then money as it took from the heart. My day would be missing something if I didn't check out the quilting board for something every day. Thank you everyone.
I too was curious, so I googled baited breath. Here's what I found, the correct spelling is bated breath. Bated is a contraction of the word abated, which means "reduced, lessened, lowered in force". So, bated breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing as a result of some strong emotion, such as awe or terror. You learn something new every day, don't you?
Old 04-15-2015, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by dhanke View Post
I too was curious, so I googled baited breath. Here's what I found, the correct spelling is bated breath. Bated is a contraction of the word abated, which means "reduced, lessened, lowered in force". So, bated breath refers to a state in which you almost stop breathing as a result of some strong emotion, such as awe or terror. You learn something new every day, don't you?
Thank you dhanke. I was going to do that, but never got to it. I have to admit I was conjuring up all kinds of pictures with "baited breath". Now this makes so much more sense. Thanks with the help, always willing to learn and try to learn at least one thing a day, so today is taken care of, lol.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:37 AM

So it would be like......I waited with bated breath to see the back of the quilt as it was removed from the machine....yea! no pleats no gathers !

or what we do early on Saturday mornings during one of Judy's mysteries.... I see us all now.... fabric on the cutting table....new needle in the machine.... rotary cutter in hand....waiting on bated breath....yep, that's us.

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 04-15-2015 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
So it would be like......I waited with bated breath to see the back of the quilt as it was removed from the machine....yea! no pleats no gathers !

or what we do early on Saturday mornings during one of Judy's mysteries.... I see us all now.... fabric on the cutting table....new needle in the machine.... rotary cutter in hand....waiting on bated breath....yep, that's us.
Oh my oh my oh my. Loved this, so much better than what came to my mind.

When she first typed baited breath, i conjured up an image of a fish hanging out of one's mouth.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

That's funny Judy.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:39 PM

I finished 2 sets of 4 blocks. Photos up soon. I'm changing trains and joining the Row Robin Quilt Along, already in progress. Small group , interesting work. And stimulating new ideas!
Old 04-15-2015, 06:02 PM

FYI: Janet Wickel from about quilting .com. Is starting a new Spring mystery quilt. This is for anyone interested in starting a mystery quilt or just printing the directions for this mystery. I thought I would pass this info on for the people who really enjoy following along with mystery quilts, like I do.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Oh my oh my oh my. Loved this, so much better than what came to my mind.

When she first typed baited breath, i conjured up an image of a fish hanging out of one's mouth.
Thanks, Judy! Got my laugh for the day!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 08:23 PM

I am ready to start this quilt. I want to start this quilt. Do you think I can find the fabric I want to use? I have a really cute fabric with fairies I want to fussy cut for a baby quilt for my niece having a baby girl in 2 weeks. I have spent hours searching my sewing room and cannot find it. It's driving me crazy!!
On a happier note, I am going to do a little shop hop with a friend tomorrow. Maybe I will find something cute I can use instead.