Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride >

#12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride

#12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride

Old 03-02-2016, 02:17 PM

Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better zozee. It's hard on us parents when kids are sick, no matter how old they get.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:24 PM

whitepine -- love your bobcat. Mine is in my avatar. The vet says he has bobcat in him; you can see the markings (well, maybe not in the photo). He's only 25 lbs but he's not fat. When he stands up on his hind legs, he reaches the table easily. And he's as gentle as can be. My Arthur loves to quilt with me & he sleeps curled up in hubby's arms during the first part of the night, then moves over to me (he's an equal opportunity snuggler) to cuddle & sleeps with his head on my pillow.

paintmejudy -- thanks for your input. I think I was very tired last night when I picked those fabrics. So when I got home from work today, I picked out (mostly) different fabrics. I have tons of blue, but do you think I can put my hands on them? I've been rearranging my quilt room to get everything organized (HA! oh, my, was that my out-loud voice?) & in one room, but who knows how long that will take. In the meantime, I have another photo to show you. I think it's an improvement, but I can always go back & look for more blues for the first set of fabrics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543875[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3519.jpg  
Old 03-02-2016, 07:05 PM

White pine... WOW a Bobcat We had one a few years ago. This one was huge. We live out of Oregon City
Old 03-03-2016, 03:08 AM

Wow, 25 pound half-bobcat! I thought my 16 pound boy was big lol.

Back on subject, I've been ransacking through my shelves, and have come up with 3 colour ways to choose between (greedy or what? )

First, the Cop-Out, called that because most of the fabrics here were left over from the last mystery I did, but haven't put away yet....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543890[/ATTACH]

Second, the Gift, so called because everything here (except the white) was part of a gift I received recently from a very generous board-member. A couple of the fabrics have been turned to the back to get a better match.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543891[/ATTACH]

Third, the Copy-Cat, chosen because I really liked the greys in one of JeanneS' selections.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543892[/ATTACH]

So I've got a few days yet to make a final decision. I think I'm going to do 4-times the blocks, for a kids' drag-along....

Looking forward to saturday
Attached Thumbnails cop_out_wee.jpg   gift_wee.jpg   copy_cat_wee.jpg  
Old 03-03-2016, 06:02 AM

Siodach,

Love your choices. Do tell that board member you mention to send more fabrics. I hear she has a big stash and can spare some. ;-)

Thank you for pointing out this thread to me. I am going to go through and pull some of my fabrics today. Will help keep me busy and because it is a runner I wont feel overwhelmed.

Sandra
Old 03-03-2016, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Siodach View Post
Wow, 25 pound half-bobcat! I thought my 16 pound boy was big lol.

Back on subject, I've been ransacking through my shelves, and have come up with 3 colour ways to choose between (greedy or what? )

First, the Cop-Out, called that because most of the fabrics here were left over from the last mystery I did, but haven't put away yet....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543890[/ATTACH]

Second, the Gift, so called because everything here (except the white) was part of a gift I received recently from a very generous board-member. A couple of the fabrics have been turned to the back to get a better match.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543891[/ATTACH]

Third, the Copy-Cat, chosen because I really liked the greys in one of JeanneS' selections.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543892[/ATTACH]

So I've got a few days yet to make a final decision. I think I'm going to do 4-times the blocks, for a kids' drag-along....

Looking forward to saturday
Love the second set, that first print is striking, think it will pull it all together.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:45 AM

OH, AnngelAnn, I agree, Siodach's fabrics are all very pretty! But my choice, is the #2 the gift set, also.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:39 AM

Someone mentioned the Mystery Train in the UFO Challenge thread, so I'm jumping on at the last minute!

Siodach, I like that top group best, but if you don't want to work with the same fabrics again so soon, I think the blue group is a close second.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:58 AM

ctyankee - I think this will work so much better, love all your blues

siodach I vote for the third - love all those grays, think this will be great, but a bit concerned about your E, might not be enough contrast with E. Also love the middle group, same concern of E

joe's mom welcome, never to late to jump onboard!
Old 03-03-2016, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

I love those browns in the first picture with maybe the brights in the second picture. Looks kinda autumn