Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride >

#12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride

#12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride

Old 04-11-2016, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Yea! Got the top finished in time. I also made another for a l/e quilt at the same time (it's a D9P). So, 2 quilts at once (the tops anyway). I am going to keep this mystery for a future great grandbaby; it's so different. I love it! The back is the pink Noah's Ark print I showed when we first picked our fabrics, the colors were picked from that novelty print. Had to add strips to backing to make large enough, so had enough of the purple blender used in front & enough of it for the binding too. Since it's a "keeper" no telling when it will get quilted! The l/e quilt will be a donation for the pregnancy center whenever it gets quilted. I will be in N.C. for the beginning of the next mystery, but will follow along & try to play catch up when I get back after May 18. I wouldn't think of missing one of Judy's mysteries! Thank you Judy!!!
Nice job. What's a l/e quilt? Would you also post a pix of your D9-P? I know what that means, but don't know l/e.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:06 AM

Yea! Got the top finished in time. I also made another for a l/e quilt at the same time (it's a D9P). So, 2 quilts at once (the tops anyway). I am going to keep this mystery for a future great grandbaby; it's so different. I love it! The back is the pink Noah's Ark print I showed when we first picked our fabrics, the colors were picked from that novelty print. Had to add strips to backing to make large enough, so had enough of the purple blender used in front & enough of it for the binding too. Since it's a "keeper" no telling when it will get quilted! The l/e quilt will be a donation for the pregnancy center whenever it gets quilted. I will be in N.C. for the beginning of the next mystery, but will follow along & try to play catch up when I get back after May 18. I wouldn't think of missing one of Judy's mysteries! Thank you Judy!!!
these are adorable. The top one is cute and unique!
Old 04-11-2016, 05:29 PM

Glad you asked, Jan, because I was wondering, too!
Old 04-11-2016, 07:30 PM

The top pic is the mysterytrain, middle pic is what I put on the back, the last pic is the D9P. It's the one that looks like sashing & cornerstones. There are several D9P; this is just the one I did. Made with 5" squares. A l/e (leader/ender) quilt is when you sew squares inbetween your actual quilt, so you never break your thread. I always use l/e when making any quilt. The l/e quilt is always scrappy & when finished, it is donated.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:12 AM

VickiM Both quilts are nice but the first one is really eye-catching. I don't know if its due to the blocks in the border or what, but the geese appear to be swarming over the quilt. (I didn't notice it the first time I looked because I was focused on the colors.) I love all the movement.
I knew what leaders and enders are but could not figure out l/e. Hesitated to ask, but it was buggin' me. LOL Thanks for explaining.
Old 04-12-2016, 05:33 AM

Hi Everybody, Here's a thought... Lets set ourselves a goal that we can't start Mystery Quilt Train Ride #13 until we have finished #12. That would give us 18 days to finish up and a deadline/goal to work toward. Sort of like when we were kids and asked for "more" and Mom would say, "Finish what you have first!" ;o) Anybody with me on this? Jan
Old 04-12-2016, 08:17 AM

Vicki - I love your mystery quilt, it is so pretty with just the pastel strips. It looks great. And so does the D9P.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:19 AM

Vicki - I love your mystery quilt, it is so pretty with just the pastel strips. It looks great. And so does the D9P.

Hmmm, Just Jan, interesting thought. But hey, all you out there, if you don't finish, please do the next mystery, it will be sooooo pretty.......

don't know why half of the message is above this. Wonder what new trick I discovered?
Old 04-12-2016, 11:21 AM

Wouldn't miss one of your rides Judy. I love the projects, now just got to find time to get them done, or at least follow along on the ride and keep up with the steps.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:10 PM

Okay, Jan, I'm with you -- I will finish this tablerunner this weekend, so I won't miss the next Mystery Train. Yay!

Also, I knew about leaders & enders, too, but not the abbreviation l/e! But now I know!