Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 >

17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017

Old 09-30-2017, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
OH NO!!! I just realized my completed pieces are in my 2nd home about 30 miles from me. I am a live-in Nanny and only have every other weekend off. This is one I am off, so I will have to wait till I go back Sunday evening to see if I have created another fine mess! Woe is me!

lol...I was looking for the "like" button! Wrong hang-out!
I feel your pain! Its hard enough waiting for the final clue but then to have to wait again, that's awful! These blocks are sew pretty! I'm thinking any one of these blocks would make a darling throw pillow. Your Creative Variance might make a cute matching pillow if you need to make some new pieces for your runner. Be sure to let us see what you end up with. I'm sure we're all rooting for you!
Old 09-30-2017, 08:16 AM

Thank you for another Mystery Train Ride, paintmejudy. Won't get mine finished today but will next week. I have enjoyed all of your mysteries and am now waiting for the next one.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

Oh Judy, you did it again girlfriend.... it's just beautiful. Thanks for doing these mysteries. They are always such fun.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:47 AM

Thank you for another great mystery. I saved all the clues as I will not have time until next Summer to quilt.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
Thanks for your help Judy...and no, I am not embarrassed at all! Some people call what I have Directional Disability Syndrome. I can live with that, I just adapt and adjust and will view your layout before I make any changes! It just might end up a "Creative Variance"! lol
In weaving we call it a design element:-)
Old 09-30-2017, 08:56 AM

Judy, Thank you for my first mystery. I have really enjoyed this train ride. I have printed out all of the clues and am adding them to my growing blocks file. This will be fun to put together and I am so looking forward to everyone's runners.

Do we post our finished runners here?
Old 09-30-2017, 09:03 AM

tcw - yes please, post your runners here. It is such great fun to see them all together. But also post them in pictures so everyone else can see what you made.

MissGiggles I like Jan's suggestion about the pillow if you can't use some of the blocks.

And to everyone - thanks for joining and also for the kind compliments. Hopefully the doing unrelated bits and pieces wasn't too confusing, but I wanted to keep the mystery until today's posting.

With the holidays fast approaching, when things get so busy in our lives, I think I will start planning another mystery that will begin after the new year. Mark your calendar and check for # 18 Mystery in the Blocks of the Week and Month on Jan. 13, 2018. Good grief, I just realized my very first mystery was almost 6 years ago - 2/20/12.

Last edited by paintmejudy; 09-30-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:15 AM

Judy-this a stunning design! Thank you soooo much! I ran upstairs and did a quick layout with my blocks-i love it! We are busy getting yardwork done while it is decent outside, but I hope to get some time tomorrow to assemble my runner. Not sure about my sashing yet-the little trees are cute-will save that idea, but these blocks need something simple to show them off! Looking forward to seeing everyone's finished runner!
Old 09-30-2017, 09:20 AM

Thank you Judy! I enjoyed this mystery train. Can't wait to put it all together today!! Happy fall ya all! Now the countdown to Christmas.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:33 AM

Thanks Judy. Another great design. I sewed my blocks then stopped to eat. Now its time to make the sashing! I'm going to use my background (C) fabric. I'm hoping it will make the blocks float. I'll use 'D' fabric for the outside border. Will go sew and post a pix soon. I'll be sewing with my sunglasses on.... it sure is bright! LOL