Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 60 of 112 FirstFirst ... 10 50 59 60 61 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2778

Thread: 2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
    Nancy: what a wonderful idea!! Turned out great.
    thanks, Jeanine
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Well, I'll be darned Nancy...that's fantastic!
    Maureen
    Last edited by xsquilter; 08-23-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: spelled Nancy wrong

Nancy. That turned out great! I bet that was a good conversation starter like you said.
    Linda
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Blog Entries
    does anyone know the major difference between eq 6 and 7 trying to decide if i need to upgrade

Blog Entries
    Nancy, what a great idea. I need a light weight cover up because most of today's dresses are sleeveless and at my age I try to cover up the upper arm. I am still working v-e-r-y slowly on my AOTH quilt borders. I did manage to make 2 blocks for DJ but I will wait to post until I finish the 3rd block. I am about 6 months behind. We are leaving on 9/16 to fly to Moscow and then take a river boat cruise to St. Petersburg. I'm trying to get ready for that trip and I want to make Halloween costumes for my 3 DGGC. I have the pattern, fabric and all of the notions. I just need the time to work on them. I am keeping up to date with everyone's work and it is so beautiful. It keeps me inspired to get back to work on mine.

Blog Entries
    Hi, Ladies! I enjoying keeping up with everyones progress!
    All blocks are so beautiful. All are great job!
    Nancy ... I love your light summer cover-up/jacket!!!! It's amazing!
    I for a long time desire to make me any garment with blocks!
    You with his wonderful jacket gave me encouragement to inspire me!
    Many thanks for sharing!
    A hug!

Blog Entries
    I continue forward with my slow but continuous progress of my Dear Jane.
    Today I share photos of my 13 week.
    They are C-2, C-4 and C-6 blocks.
    I hope they are to your liking and I thank you in advance for looking at them!
    And as you can see... I didn't block C-5! Daunt me so many curves!
    Hope taking courage this week and try to resolve it!
    A big hug to all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gladys - I always enjoy looking at your blocks. They are so pretty and nicely stitched.

As always Gladys, great work!
    Maureen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanine View Post
    Gladys - I always enjoy looking at your blocks. They are so pretty and nicely stitched.
    Thank you very much, Jeanine! You are always so sweet with me!
    A big hug!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xsquilter View Post
    As always Gladys, great work!
    Maureen
    Thank's, Maureen!
    An strong hug!

Good morning girls, I have been quite busy away from DJ for a few days - but I am back !!!! Thanks for the glue basting tips KatyBob - very interesting ! Nancy - your jacket is lovely - great idea ! Thanks for all your tips Gus, - I have been doing my DJ since 2007 - so have done a lot of the blocks. What you have done for me is fantastic - and has made me follow the timetable and do blocks I had put aside to do "another day" and also to tackle the triangles - I had not done any - I felt very daunted about doing them - but they are not so bad !!!! I love your Avatar by the way Gus ! Your blocks are lovely Gladys - I especially love your purples in C6 - is it "Spraytime" fabric?
    Last weekend I travelled up to Birmingham to The Festival of Quilts here in the UK and stayed a couple of nights in a hotel and then went in to the exhibition twice ! It was wonderful and there was one Dear Jane there. It was made by a lady from Colchester here in the UK and was great - It was getting a lot of interest and I walked past it several times - stopping and chatting to ladies looking at it. Sadly it didn't win - but it got my vote in "viewers choice" !!
    It was called " Four years of my life " The lady who made it had changed some of the blocks and I thought her alterations worked very well ! I have taken some 'photos and I will try and get them posted here later !
    Spent ALL DAY yesterday doing BLC " Goshen " - phew - not hard at all - but fiddely !! Will upload a picture later !
    Well it is my Granddaughter's birthday party today - so going over to them shortly - have a great weekend all - it is a Bank Holiday here on Monday and, typically it is forecast to rain !! So, I feel another Tri coming on !!
    Hugs DottyD.

Quote Originally Posted by fromzstore View Post
    does anyone know the major difference between eq 6 and 7 trying to decide if i need to upgrade

Hi Quiltinggranny - sorry do not know your name - my DH found this link to EQ - don't know if it is of any help !!

http://electricquilt.com/online-shop...rade/#tabs-top

DottyD.

Here is block E-2, Merry May. You can see the mistake. I had taken 2 little "kits" on our vacation, E-1 and E-2 and was thinking I should get blocks ready to go ahead of time even when I'm here at home. Well, I should have put each block into it's own little baggie. I had all the green for block E-2 appliqued onto the background of E-1 before I realized my mistake. I was so disgusted with myself that I just put everything away. Before long, however, I decided how I'd resolve it and you see the results. Once again I decided I am NOT going to redo anything. I'm going for finished not perfect, I think Jane would approve, do you?

Name:  E-2 Merry May.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  428.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Cindy, i love the way you've done this block
    Nancy in western NY
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

QuiltnNan, your post gave me a good laugh this morning! I was scrolling through the thread and saw your pictures and thought, gee the fabric in those blocks seems so familiar, what a great way to use DJ blocks. Then I read your thread and saw that they are the blocks I sent you! No wonder they looked familiar! That was really clever of you and I'm so glad the blocks went to good use, your coverup is darling. That is a great start to my Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    Cindy, i love the way you've done this block
    Thank you, Nancy.

Now I'm trying to pick my sashing color. My husband and like this choice the best:
    Name:  DJ sashing tan.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  614.7 KB

Here are the other two backgrounds I considered, I picked up two fat quarters from the Pebbles line when I went to my LQS:

this is the lighter tan from the Pebbles line:
    Name:  DJ sashing lighter pebbles.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  499.6 KB

this is the darker tan/brown from the Pebbles line:
    Name:  DJ sashing darker pebbles.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  498.5 KB

Correction, that's the Andover Dimples line (not Pebbles). Love that fabric! Sorry the pictures aren't of better quality to show the detail in the Dimples.

Nancy - that top is awesome!! great idea
    Chay and Cindy great blocks! Dotty - wish I was able to keep up - this is DH's computer... mine only goes online when it wants to and in fact freezes when I'm typing offline oh well. My new one arrived yesterday - ohhhhhh the files that need to be saved and transferred ugggggggggggggggg and I can't touch it til the antivirus program is loaded.
    Then there's my machine truly thinking of tackling more hand pieced blocks a'la Jane. DH needs computer again - hope to catch up later.
    happy sewing!!! sew some for me Nancy - havent checked first page yet - did my suggestion work?

btw - thanks Dotty on the avatar - my favorite AOTH block - that's what I should do I guess it has been on hold since I began Jane... too many projects not enough time
    Gus

Wow, I've been scrolling through the posts, looking at photos. I'm working on civil war quilts (6 of them) and would love to start a dear jane. It would be nice project to take along when I'm in a waiting room. Thank you for sharing your work, I'm in awe!
    Bernina 640, Singer 201-3, Singer Centennial 15-91, Tin Lizzie 26" long arm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
    Nancy - that top is awesome!! great idea ... Nancy - havent checked first page yet - did my suggestion work?
    Thanks!...

I decided to do it differently...
    "Sadly, the post is too full to add more posts#'s and links. Please refer to the attached Word doc for the week numbers and where the post starting that week are."
    Now, the doc can be downloaded at the end and notes made on it by the other members for their own needs. I will continue to try and update it weekly.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-27-2012 at 05:57 AM.
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chay View Post
    QuiltnNan, your post gave me a good laugh this morning! I was scrolling through the thread and saw your pictures and thought, gee the fabric in those blocks seems so familiar, what a great way to use DJ blocks. Then I read your thread and saw that they are the blocks I sent you! No wonder they looked familiar! That was really clever of you and I'm so glad the blocks went to good use, your coverup is darling. That is a great start to my Sunday!
    LOL
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    Now I'm trying to pick my sashing color.
    I think any of them would work, but my personal choice would be the darkest color.
    Nancy in western NY

Page 60 of 112 FirstFirst ... 10 50 59 60 61 70 110 ... LastLast