Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW >

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

Old 03-13-2014, 07:48 AM

Barb in Louisiana, I've been lurking too. :-) I like seeing the color combinations that people use. I was enjoying it so much that I bought the book on Amazon. I hope more jump in as the year goes one-- and more pictures are posted! :-) I'm having trouble printing the patterns. I want them all the same size and I haven't figured out yet what's what on the printer/scanner settings.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:54 AM

KalamaQuilts, your remark about sewing 2 threads to 1 thread made me laugh! :-) Yeah, sometimes I think what's the point of making a block 3" or 4"? Can you imagine hand quilting a little brick of seams? 5" or 6" is enough to bend needles while hand quilting. Maybe everyone plans to machine quilt these days?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 AM

Hi Barb--I try to post at the beginning of each months what blocks are "due" each week, but it doesn't hurt to have a whole list either.

Everyone's blocks continue to look great! I have 3 quilts I want to make this year that are all pp'd and I can't yet do that until my tendon is completely healed...too much cutting w/pp'ing. Maybe in a another month or so I'll be able to jump in....
Old 03-14-2014, 03:29 AM

I love our lurkers!~ its like being the athletic team and having a full crowd in the bleachers. yea!

i plan on catching up this weekend. i finished my boom blocks last night, i just need to clean them up and get them in the mail. this group is so terrific, if i hadn't posted on this board, i would have given up when i got behind, your beautiful pictures inspire me to keep going!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:31 AM

I print my patterns from Foundation, Carol Dork's site has it available...and it prints out the size you like by the quarter section. I use the standard six inch, making the 12 inch finished block for each star. I believe you can copy from the book itself, but I love how the foundation program works. In fact, I have mine all printed out on pp paper, ready to do each and every star.

I started because I did the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt, followed by the Pony Cllub with some lovely ladies I came to know on QB BOMs and one of these ladies, Carrie, started this BOM. She is a wonderful lady to get to know and respect and she loves quilting. If you lurkers would just jump into the action, you could find how just how wonderful she really is to work with on this BOM. Action can speak louder than any words...so show us what you can do with this challenge in the creation of 50 Fab Stars all finished this year. If you can imagine it , you can do it!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:42 AM

Here's my Georgia star.
Attached Thumbnails georgia.jpg  
Old 03-14-2014, 07:48 AM

MaggieLou, what a beautiful blue star. It just takes my breathe away, it is so perfect.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:04 AM

Thank you, NinaSue. It's a challenge to come up with the right color combos sometimes. I marvel at all the different ones shown here.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:56 PM

Hi Everyone

Thanks to Barb in Louisiana for your list, I also have made up a list of what block is due each week as I am in advance with my blocks and only posting what is due each week. For all the people out ther watching I did the same last year and had purchase the book early last year for me to make sometime done the track but when it came up this year I thought why not, I am enjoying doing this quilt, and watching everyone else blocks as well. This is my second paper piece quilt at really enjoy making quilts this way. I have only been quilting for 4 year and can only fit in 1 large quilt per year.

Here is my Hawaii block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]467537[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 11.-hawaii.jpg  
Old 03-16-2014, 04:14 PM

Beautiful, Lyn Hut, looks like Hawaii to me. I wanted to take a direct flight there all winter!