Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW >

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

2014--50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars BOW

Old 04-28-2014, 05:42 AM

gorgeous blocks, makes me want to start another

Quilter starts on mine the May 1st, I'm trying out the new (or new to me anyway) Pellon cotton batting, feels like warm and natural. She is going to use a pantograph with swirls and stars.

before and after of my stack of greens attached. I used 7.5 yards of the background fabric.
Just the greens were taller than my 6600. Afterward the were clear down by the tensioner.

I used a ton of the green all up, but gained in the pinks courtesy of some good frends
Attached Thumbnails after-stars.jpg   50-stars-fabric.jpg  

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 04-28-2014 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:52 AM

Kalama that will be a great quilt! Thanks Barb for posting what is due when. I'm working them ahead so I don't lose momentum. I usually lose it during the summer months, too much going on. I love, love, love looking at everyones blocks! Even if you aren't on the same week, post what you've done. It's fun to look and see how everyone interprets them. I'm in that phase now of what colors to pull next. Here is mine for this week.Kentucky[ATTACH=CONFIG]473383[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 17-kentucky.jpg  
Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 AM

Barb--I am sure I will still be working on these next year. Maybe I will just start on the May blocks so that in January we can work together. I only have one block completely finished...due to shoulder pain in January I wasn't able to start like I wanted to then!
Old 04-28-2014, 01:20 PM

Maybe I'll join you people next year too. I'm only working on my 9th block. When I finish that one, I think I'll jump ahead to May too. Sounds like a plan!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:08 PM

Such a beautiful selection of fabrics KalamaQuilts, can't wait to see your finished quilt. Such a creative way of bringing all those blocks together in one cohesive quilt, well done
Old 04-29-2014, 05:47 AM

Beautiful fabric....greens I love them!

I am not blind yet, as the optic nerve swelling has gone down a bit, so there is hope yet. Nor am I ready to jump back into action, but I am getting back into action in the quilting room. Sooooo much to do, sooo many projects. I am following all of you along, cheering all the way. On my recent Quilt Bus Trip of two days and four states, I picked up more fabric and projects....so much fun and laughter. Loved every minute of it. Enjoy this quilt project journey.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Beautiful fabric....greens I love them!

I am not blind yet, as the optic nerve swelling has gone down a bit, so there is hope yet. Nor am I ready to jump back into action, but I am getting back into action in the quilting room. Sooooo much to do, sooo many projects. I am following all of you along, cheering all the way. On my recent Quilt Bus Trip of two days and four states, I picked up more fabric and projects....so much fun and laughter. Loved every minute of it. Enjoy this quilt project journey.
So glad to hear there is some improvement, my heart broke when I read your previous posts! Praying hard for you, stay strong and positive!
Old 04-30-2014, 08:37 AM

Quiltingninasue, I am so glad you can still see. Don't give up hope.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:43 PM

I am still here as well but wow did my schedule get shaken up, lol. My teen age girls have me out 4 day a week with sports and my mom decided on a whim she would move back to Texas from Florida and had to stay with us for a few weeks while she found an apartment and got settled. Anyway, I know I am a bit behind but here are they are thru Indiana.
Attached Thumbnails april-group.jpg  
Old 04-30-2014, 01:06 PM

Very bright & pretty blocks, Plumtree!