Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    ]

Kinda wishing I didn't have the orange around the one block...guess it's too late now as I'm not going to re-do any of them.
    I did the same thing, only bright yellow. Perhaps there will be another in a similar manner so I can do another yellow. Your blocks are lovely!

WE are on #10 Georgia. Moonwork, love your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
    what block should we be on???

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    I started with one color, didn't like, tried another color, didn't like. Decided I was losing too much fabric and combined the two.Attachment 317573
    Very pretty WhitePine! Love your batiks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
    what block should we be on???
    You're too funny Newbee. Are you lost among the stars?

Beautiful Florida, Moonwork. And what a collection!!

Kinda wishing I didn't have the orange around the one block...guess it's too late now as I'm not going to re-do any of them.

Maybe you will have enough blocks so that you can save the one with orange for a throw pillow. They are all very pretty.

Blog Entries
    I hope my Georgia block is attached. THe whole time I was making it I wasn't sure I liked my color choice. But once I sewed it together I really like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    pretty colors looks really good

Blog Entries
    I'm now craving a peach pie! Here's my Georgia star.
    Name:  IMG_4174.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  1.78 MB

Alabama Star
    Name:  IMG_4173.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  1.54 MB

And Colorado star.
    Name:  IMG_4171.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  1.66 MB

I still have four more stars that need to be done, along with Hawaii! I doubt I will get to all of them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in FL View Post
    I ordered my book from Amazon used for $13 and change. It is supposed to be in good condition with the cd included. Here's to hoping..
    I got my book from Amazon with the CD but can't open the CD. I guess it can only be used by the original person who owned the book. It was ordered as "in good condition" but it is actually in excellent condition. I removed the book from the binding, punched holes & put the pages in a notebook/binder. Now I can easily remove the page I want & photocopy it. I love all of the stars. It was well worth the price. I've never had any problems or issues with books I've purchased from Amazon.
    Patricia Faye

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Faye View Post
    I got my book from Amazon with the CD but can't open the CD. I guess it can only be used by the original person who owned the book. It was ordered as "in good condition" but it is actually in excellent condition. I removed the book from the binding, punched holes & put the pages in a notebook/binder. Now I can easily remove the page I want & photocopy it. I love all of the stars. It was well worth the price. I've never had any problems or issues with books I've purchased from Amazon.
    I ordered mine from Amazon with CD included (I think it was used) and had no problem opening the CD. I was so disappointed when I discovered the foundation patterns were not ON the CD. Had to order that from something else. The tutorial on the CD by Carol Doak is excellent though; very nice reference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sue z q View Post
    I ordered mine from Amazon with CD included (I think it was used) and had no problem opening the CD. I was so disappointed when I discovered the foundation patterns were not ON the CD. Had to order that from something else. The tutorial on the CD by Carol Doak is excellent though; very nice reference.
    I was a little miffed that I had to order an additional CD to get the patterns, too. They are very helpful, however.

Quiet, quiet, quiet. Paintmejudy, since Sunday is Hawaii day maybe you would like to share your Hawaiian wall quilt with us again.

Yes, I was going to post it again on Sunday, Florence. I still like it, it hangs in the den and I see it every day.
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 03-07-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Mine, too, was "used" from Amazon and it worked fine. But I just copy patterns from the book, you don't really need them on CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by sue z q View Post

Blog Entries
    I hope all of you don't get mad at me, but I borrowed the book from the library. I made a request from links+ since my local library didn't carry the book. I did this since I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the project. And I'm also cheap!
    I have no CD to follow, just made copies of all the stars, and then marked them all key. I now just copy the key copy that I keep in a folder.

Nobody should be mad. I'm glad your library had it for you. That's what librarys are for.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Back from FL and I have no idea what fabrics I'm going to use for Hawaii. My MIL passed away yesterday morning so I doubt I'll get to this before next week. All the Georgia blocks I've seen have been beautiful.... I had a problem with one of the sections lining up. I ripped it out so many times I could not rip it again. So.. It is what it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I hope all of you don't get mad at me, but I borrowed the book from the library. I made a request from links+ since my local library didn't carry the book. I did this since I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the project. And I'm also cheap! I have no CD to follow, just made copies of all the stars, and then marked them all key. I now just copy the key copy that I keep in a folder.
    Don't feel bad, I did the same thing! Janet - I am sorry to hear about your MIL - my condolences to your family.
    Last edited by Mad Mimm; 03-08-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Vintage - i second what SheriR said!

When I wanted to do a one block wonder, I found the book at my library. At $23 and being pretty sure I would never make another one, I was happy to be able to borrow it. You're lucky you found it there, my library has a very small collection of quilt books, most of them just old books, nothing like the Doaks books.

Janet, welcome home. Sorry to hear about your MIL. You center of your blocks just pop against your dark background.

Blog Entries
    Janet, So sorry to hear about your MIL.

All the Georgia blocks have been beautiful! It's a nice pattern. I'm having trouble with colors for Hawaii, it seems confusing to me so I think my star will look confusing too.

Whitepine, why don't you wait till you see other peoples Hawaii. Maybe that will help you when you see it in other fabrics. No hurry.

Janet, So sorry to hear about your MIL.

All the Georgia blocks have been beautiful! It's a nice pattern. I'm having trouble with colors for Hawaii, it seems confusing to me so I think my star will look confusing too.

Blog Entries
    Thanks PokerDiva. LOL. Wait??? It's only Thursday. Can't wait!! I just got an idea.

A woman after my own heart. I hate to wait. On anything. Glad you got your creative juices flowing again. Can't wait to see it.

Thanks PokerDiva. LOL. Wait??? It's only Thursday. Can't wait!! I just got an idea.

Blog Entries
    wow- the Georgia blocks are wonderful---as usual
    i have not sat down & made mine yet---been quite a week- i have the pieces all cut out for Georgia and Hawaii- so saturday afternoon while hubby is watching college basketball i will sit down & get them done.a couple of these have really struck me as FABULOUS!!! they are all great but some are really----vibrant.
    moonwork---i love the lay out of your blocks----they are very striking! the orange one does really stand out on the one- but all you need to do is make a few more with the orange---then they will come together.
    i have one in my (group) that is really white---sticks out like a sore thumb---but it's a great star---so i'm going to (try) to be sure and make a few more with more white---all you need to do is make a few more with more orange---they are all really great!
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Page 49 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 99 ... LastLast