Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 19 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    I am making a quilt with California my son picked that one out and it is for him.

Mad Mimm, so pretty and bright. I love it.

Blog Entries
    PokerDiva, I like #2 because I like purple, but I like the 'inner star' that the white makes in #1. I also still love your focus fabric.

Wvhill, MonaLisa, MadMimm, Beautiful Stars.

Here's a local legend from Maine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aFzfDv2hz0

Blog Entries
    Here's my Maine. It has just about all the fabrics I've been using so far.
    Name:  Maine Reduced.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  260.0 KB

Ladies! Beautiful blocks! PokerDiva I've said before I particularly LOVE yours. I wish I had thought to use my yardage of your focal to make these stars. I'm very behind. I'll admit only here (I think I over booked my LIFE :X ) My stars and my DearJane suffer..... I actually have squares bagged ready to sew. I'll do them. I promise.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Thanks guys. Whitepine, love your block. Your blocks always look like a picture from a book. Good job.

Blog Entries
    Thank you PD. I was just thinking to myself that I'm a slow learner because here we are on Maine, #19, and I just figured out how to line up a certain piece.

Blog Entries
    I love everyones blocks. I am still behind. THe baby quilt is nearly quilted and I am working on the binding. I hope to finish quilting it tomorrow night. I made the Maine block for one of my blocks for my guild. It is pretty but will use better colors for my block for here. I will try to post it tomorrow. For the guild I had to work with certain fabrics. I hope to get caught up over the next 2 weeks. Maine is the block I have been really anxious to do.

Maine

Here's my Maine. I used scrappy batiks and didn't put them in order just pulled the next one and I think it turned out real nice. Also took a picture of the rest of my blocks so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    Here's my Maine. It has just about all the fabrics I've been using so far.
    Very pretty, White Pine! I am catching up after two weeks out of town. I am almost done with Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Morning ladies. Maine was not my favorite. I made one, didn't like it, then made another. Don't like it either but here they are.
    Florence, I like them both, but especially the purple one.

Quote Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
    Here's my Maine. I used scrappy batiks and didn't put them in order just pulled the next one and I think it turned out real nice. Also took a picture of the rest of my blocks so far.
    KL, your scrappy batik looks great! And all your blocks go very well together.

Thanks Nicky. Katie, what a wonderful quilt you are going to have.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Thanks guys. Whitepine, love your block. Your blocks always look like a picture from a book. Good job.
    They do, don't they? They are also so beautifully pressed and even.

I love the scrappy Maine blocks. Katie yours is lovely. The group photo of your blocks is great, Nicky is right they go beautifully together!

Thanks for your comments ladies. I particularly like my Colorado, but it sticks out like a sore thumb on the design wall next to the others. I am thinking a hot quilt and a cold quilt but who knows. At this point, I should only be thinking of Connecticut!
    Last edited by Mad Mimm; 05-07-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Blog Entries
    Sheila..that is beautiful!
    Patrice

Blog Entries
    Here is the Maine block I made for my guild exchange. I had certain 5" squares of fabric I had to use. I still need to make mine for this group.
    Pat

What fabric was the one you had to use. I like the fabric that you used in your points. I am too scaredy cat to use that kind of fabric. You did a good job.

Wow they are all great! I'm afraid also that "life" has a fatal choke hold on my sewing at this point. I was behind but I know I won't be catching up for awhile.

My 82 yr old Dad had a stroke on Friday afternoon and I'm on about 12 hrs sleep total since then (I needed something nice to look at to relax tonight) and we brought him home to our house at around 7:30 tonight. He'll be with us for ??? He is doing great but there is no rush for him to go back to his house. He lives alone and was been fully independent but this shook us all up. Sooooo no sewing for awhile for me.

I'll be checking in though and seeing your pretties.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Quote Originally Posted by wvhill22 View Post
    Sheila..that is beautiful!
    Thanks!

Meanmom - that is some really zippy fabric in that block. I can't wait to see what your Maine looks like for our group!

Moonwork: I am sorry to hear about your dad but certainly glad he is doing better. Family comes first, right? Best wishes to your dad for a speedy recovery!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Moonwork, so sorry about your dad. We will all be here waiting for your return. Take care of him and yourself. That is the most important thing.

Blog Entries
    Awesome blocks ladies. I am slow again, had the hand surgery on the 25th of April, was doing alright then last weekend, after coming back home from sewing which was pushing my hand with the threading from the embroidery crazy patches I am doing, I was setting my machine back up to continue on and moved it with the surgical hand and ouch, hurt it, but I kept pushing on and did the binding on the baby quilt that needed to be done, pushed the hand even harder, then went to airport to get daughter and turned on the wrong way on a one way and did a fast U turn, yep, hurt hand again. so now not using it very much, swollen and very sore. Yep, I am a goof girl. So I have not started my stars yet. I have gotten my paper, carol doaks pp paper, the cd and printed out the patterns to get going, but have to wait yet till hand better.

The Maine one looks cool in those scrappy batiks. Love it much. I think you ladies are doing an awesome job on your stars. I will get there.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Klgreene, Your scrappy batiks turned out VERY nice. I think I even recognize a few of them. I also like your group backgrounds, having different ones but still in the same tones.

Moonwork, Hope your Dad is doing better. MadMimm is right, family is first....and "life" is in charge.

QuilterMomma, Ouch. Isn't it crazy how we push and push.

QuilterMomma, you are as bad as I am. I have tendenitis in my right arm. Doctor said the only thing to do is not use it for about 2 weeks. I told him fat chance. Somedays are worse then others but keep plugging along. Yours is definately worse than mine so maybe you should follow those orders from the doctor.

Blog Entries
    Moonwork so sorry to hear about your dad. Yes family comes first. I hope he has a speedy recovery. He is in my prayers.
    Pokerdiva all of my fabrics in the points were what I had to use in my block. Everything but the background fabric. I wanted something interesting but it had to work with 5 inch squares. I think the fabric I have chosen for my maine block is all bright batiks. I cant remember but I think they are all different. I have all of my blocks cut out, I am just a few behind on assembly. I am putting the binding on the baby quilt and need to finish a table runner that is for mothers day. The t-shirt quilt is ready to layer and quilt. Hope to work on the stars next week.

Here is my scrappy Kentucky. I was happy to come home from vacation to an easy block!

Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 19 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast