Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 37 77 86 87 88 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Florence, I too love the new avatar. But then, who doesn't love pp? It's a beaut. I had done a similar one about a year ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

And now on to this week's Oklahoma. I changed the colors a bit. I looked and looked at this one, had a conversation with a friend about it, and still didn't know how I wanted to do it until I pulled out the pattern yesterday.
    Second in line is last weeks North Dakota, followed by Ohio. Still a bit behind from July's blocks when I was still unable to get into the sewing room. But moving around fine now, and back in the groove. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    And now on to this week's Oklahoma. I changed the colors a bit. I looked and looked at this one, had a conversation with a friend about it, and still didn't know how I wanted to do it until I pulled out the pattern yesterday.
    Second in line is last weeks North Dakota, followed by Ohio. Still a bit behind from July's blocks when I was still unable to get into the sewing room. But moving around fine now, and back in the groove. LOL
    Judy, all three are very pretty. You will have one gorgeous quilt. Good job!

I almost wish I had chosen a single background fabric, instead of going so scrappy. I will be using sashing so that should separate them enough.
    Last edited by nickylsf; 09-02-2012 at 11:19 AM.

I posted after Judy but I guess I forgot to hit the button. Anyway, love your blocks Judy. Like the way you changed the fabric in OK. Also love the center of your quilt. Good job.

Thanks, Florence, OK was really a toughie for me, to try and keep the feel of the previously made blocks.

Blog Entries
    finally finished Oklahoma today- undecided if i like it or not- but i sure like all the other's i've seen (and i'm sure when i actually hang mine with all the others it will be fine...just one of those (things) i guess
    Name:  s37_3.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  760.3 KB
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    the picture makes it look so muted...it really is not - the cross pieces are a fairy frost that just glows and the colored pieces are really quite vibrant batiks...i must have had bad lighting when i took the picture...oh well- oh it's not pressed either- i made it only using my wooden pressing tool instead of setting up the ironing board & iron...i will press it before i hang it with the others

Well ck (what the heck is your first name anyway), I love the colors against the black so I bet if I saw it in person the way you describe it, I know I will really love it.

Blog Entries
    For some reason I wasn't getting notifications until today and I forgot to check. The OKs look fantastic. I like all of them and I like the color change in the center of Judy's. I may try that except I'm hesitant to start Oklahoma since Michigan drove me nuts. It just took so long before any progress was made. I think they're the worst at 128 pieces. Boy, do I have some catching up to do.
    Yep, bet you saw this one coming. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrDVzbeDzRk

Everyone's blocks are beautiful!!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Whitepine, I completely know what you mean about some blocks driving you up a wall but your blocks always turn out beautifully and I will wait patiently to see your OK. And nygal, when can we expect to see one of yours. Absolutely no pressure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Well ck (what the heck is your first name anyway), I love the colors against the black so I bet if I saw it in person the way you describe it, I know I will really love it.
    colleen kay ...

Blog Entries
    Thanks, PokerDiva. And I had an inspiration on what to do with OK. I'm going to make it multi colored, kind of like Maine was, and use up scraps from every color.

Whitepine, what a great idea. Can't wait to see it.

Blog Entries
    so- i really didn't like 2 of my previous blocks- Hawaii & Iowa- so i am remaking them- this is the (original) and now the 'new version....
    Name:  _4.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  878.7 KB working on Iowa now- the original one really clashed horribly with the other blocks- so i am hoping i did better the second time around- the 2 originals i figure i will use for the front of tote bags or something.

Colleen, isn't it weird how different the same block can look with different fabric. I like them both. You will however have a beautiful tote if you use it for that.

Blog Entries
    and here is the (old) Iowa---which is WHOA!!! way out of (Character) from the rest of my blocks...i don't even know how that one came about...and the NEW & IMPROVED Iowa...i am much happier with the 2nd one...and now there isn't one that jumps out & smacks you in the face hanging one the wall
    Name:  s15 iowa.JPG
Views: 128
Size:  795.3 KBName:  _5.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  687.9 KB

Blog Entries
    and yes- it is amazing how different fabrics make a block look- one year i participated in a Saturday Sampler program- the quilt was offered in 3 colorways- neutrals, batiks & novelty children prints- i chose to do all 3---and to look at the quilts they are so totally different looking! unless you actually saw them side by side & inspected the individual blocks you would have no idea they were all the same. try it sometime- choose a quilt you want to make- make it in 30's (or 1800's) fabrics, batiks & flannels (or novelties) or what ever something totally diffent- you will wind up with 3 totally different quilts- FUN!

Goodness what a difference in those two. Now you are scaring me Colleen. I didn't have a design wall until just today and I haven't figured out where in the world I am going to put it. It is not very big so won't be able to get all stars on there at the same time. I wonder if I am goin to find some that just don't go. AAAACH, I was just worried about what color to make my sashing. CRAP.

Blog Entries
    awwww- don't stress over it all- still plenty of time to decide on sashing fabric--and as you lay out your blocks they will all go together beautifully! if you had one that (screamed) at you- you would have known from the beginning- i new as soon as i finished the blocks---but at the time just put them with the others anyway thinking---i will remake that one before i'm done. (i kind of hoped the Hawaii would grow on me-but it didn't-and hubby didn't like that one either) so---
    anyway-if you don't have any yet that you just don't like don't worry about it- they must all be just fine
    i've been (tossing around) the idea of embroidering the state name & year it joined the union on each one---jury's still out- & put them in alphabetical order? or in the order of statehood? put them on point? or straight set? so many decisions...every now & then i wish i hadn't decided to use black for all of my backgrounds---but then at the same time am glad i did---some blocks were difficult to figure out (like my horrible failure of Iowa!) it's been quite a journey
    i have mine pinned together in rows of 7 with the top block tacked to my sewing room wall - up near the ceiling- side by side- so i am just working on row 6. it's nice to walk by & glance in & see them (hanging around)
    some of them seem to 'glow'
    anyhow---don't stress over it- it will be fine!

I'm not stressing. Can't wait to see your finished product. You seem to have more energy than I do.

Blog Entries
    I am loving everyones blocks. I am finally working on mine again. Apparently it has been 9 weeks since I touched my stars. I worked on Nevada tonite. It is about half way finished. I have a baby quilt to layer and quilt then I hope to catch up. I look forward to seeing everyones beautiful work.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    CK, love your new blocks, especially Iowa.

It would be a neat idea to identify each block with it's name & date. Mine won't end up in any order because I'll probably arrange by color.

Meanmom, I'm way behind too. I've been skipping and doing every other week right now. I'll catch up the missing ones later.

wow, some beautiful blocks posted this week. Congrats to all!

Blog Entries
    my daughter & granddaughter's came up for dinner today- my daughter saw my (old-replaced) Iowa block- LOVES IT! and said to me--- 'design me a quilt around this!' -- a bed sized one- - .....really? gosh i hate that block! but i guess now i have a purpose for it- what a challenge it is going to be
    she then proceded to pull a couple other fabrics out of my shelves & said---use some of this too...
    so, when i finish up a couple other projects i have going on i guess i'm going to see what i can do with that block- she loved the Hawaii one too- but really loved the Iowa- and since the 2 don't go together at all- could only choose one...
    sometimes i don't seem to see what others see when looking at blocks

Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 37 77 86 87 88 97 ... LastLast