Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 89 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2773

Thread: 50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars

Blog Entries
    CK...OK that makes more sense. But, I do ditto PokerDiva.

I think you feel that way is because all the colors are cool and no warm colors. It is nice and you did a good job...........

Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post

Nicky & Judy, really nice OBWs. It's amazing how those turn out but I'm not ready to start one yet. Don't they waste a lot of fabric?

Judy, Your stars look fantastic. I'm kind of envious that you're done.
    No, it really doesn't. You will need 6 repeats of the pattern, but when you stack those repeats and cut strips, you will then cut your triangles. There is no waste. My quilt used up all my fabric. The little piece on the back was all I had
    leftover.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Judy. Nice to know because those OBWs come out so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    No, it really doesn't. You will need 6 repeats of the pattern, but when you stack those repeats and cut strips, you will then cut your triangles. There is no waste. My quilt used up all my fabric. The little piece on the back was all I had
    leftover.
    I did not notice any waste either. I cut these triangles out over year ago, but I have about a yard and 1/2 of extra fabric, and some 3" wide strips that will be great for sashing or binding. I have triangles for 90 hexagons, and have to figure out if that will be enough for my quilt. In any event I have lots of fabric left over for now.

It's going really fast too. I worked on it yesterday afternoon and evening, and quit when I had 45 hexagons done (90 half hexagons that is).

Oregon. I thought I was getting better at selecting colors, but the wrong one stands out. Attachment 361520
    WhitePine, your Oregon block is great. I don't see a wrong color standing out.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Nicky. I guess instead of "wrong" color, I should have said, "not planned." I wanted the green center to show up more but with the turquoise popping out it looks like a whole different star. These stars are always a surprise when they are finished. That's part of the fun, for sure.

Blog Entries
    I don't have the Oregon block for this week finished but here is the first quilt I ever made. 64 Oregon blocks. I must have been insane!
    Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    I don't have the Oregon block for this week finished but here is the first quilt I ever made. 64 Oregon blocks. I must have been insane!
    Pat
    Very pretty! It's cool that the corners make those little sub stars. I had not thought of that. What patience you have to make so many of the same one!

Thanks Nicky. I guess instead of "wrong" color, I should have said, "not planned." I wanted the green center to show up more but with the turquoise popping out it looks like a whole different star. These stars are always a surprise when they are finished. That's part of the fun, for sure.
    White Pine, (may I ask your name, after all this time??), I know what you meant. It is still a beautiful star, as are all of yours!

Blog Entries
    Meanmom, That's a wonderful quilt and an inspiration for our current project. I had no idea what those little stars in the corners would turn out to be. They sure set off the quilt. And what an example showing what different color arrangements do to a star. Thanks for posting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
    White Pine, (may I ask your name, after all this time??), I know what you meant. It is still a beautiful star, as are all of yours!
    We have been hanging out for going on a year now.

Sue

meanmom, I know that you said you had made a quilt out of Oregon but I was thinking that you made the blocks all the same. Beautiful quilt and you do have patience.

Blog Entries
    THanks for the compliments on my Oregon quilt. It was the first quilt I ever made. I went to the store to get fabric to make a purse and for some reason decided to make a quilt instead. I didn't even have a pattern or anything at the time. I looked up a LQS online and went there in search of a pattern and came out with this. I had no idea what I was getting myself into at the time. The shop owner gave me a short lesson in paper piecing and I have been hooked ever since.
    Pat

Pat, I can't believe that is the first quilt you ever did. Good job. We won't talk about my first one.

Good Morning ladies. Here is my Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    Good Morning ladies. Here is my Pennsylvania.
    Florence, that is beautiful! I am afraid to say that, since I have been working hard on the OBW, I totally forgot to make my star for the week! Will have to remedy that ASAP.

Blog Entries
    I love your Pennsylvania. I am working on the "N" states. I finished New Jersey last night. I hope to post some pictures later. There are a lot of "N" states. As I started on all of the n's I was thinking oh goody we are only on the "O" states I am almost caught up. Wrong! I am getting there. One day I will get caught up.

That's beautiful, Florence. Love the contrast of the purple and yellow.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    pokerdiva, I LOVE your Pennslyvania Block!!! here's mine- the points really aren't as far off as it looks...i pressed it better after the pic- but they are not perfect either...oh well- it's done & not too bad i guess...certainly not as vibrant as yours!

Name:  pennsylvania_4.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  636.0 KB
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I don't know what happened but I had to log in just now. Anyway thanks all. I was wondering if we were going to get more pics but I see Colleen has made it. Colleen, your blue really pops but your starry fabric kind of gets lost. Really it is still pretty though. Well go wonderful with the rest of your blocks.

Rhode Island

is it just me or has a lot of folks dropped out of sight here? There doesn't seem to be as many blocks being posted...........

Wow Monalisa, your RI is out of sight. I think that the summer got some people behind. Hoping they will rejoin us when the weather turns bad again.

Blog Entries
    PokerDiva, that one might be my favorite so far with your focus fabric. CK, that turquoise sure makes your star pop. MonaLise, Very striking RI. Here's another Pennsylvania.
    Name:  Pennsylvania reduced.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  265.6 KB

Elton John. Philadelphia Freedom. Ah, weren't we young?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJHL34DiBY

Quote Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 2011 View Post
    is it just me or has a lot of folks dropped out of sight here? There doesn't seem to be as many blocks being posted...........
    I'm a MIA, I went on vacation for two weeks in August, came home and ripped out carpeting in the first bedroom, so the house was worse than if a tornado hit, so no sewing. Finally got the new floors in, and my sewing/computer/play room is done, but I have so many BOM's that I'm working on, so I have 4 more BOM's and 2 table runners to do and finish up, then I'll be back. I have through Ohio done, so I do have a few weeks to catch up with you guys. I've been keeping an eye on you and love everyones stars.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Page 89 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast