Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 06-30-2011, 06:19 AM

I put my blocks up on the design wall and let them hang for some time before I change anything. Time has a way of letting me see what is what and if anything at all needs changing. By itself a block may not look right, but nestled with the others, it will probably look great.

Having said that, I haven't touched any sewing in two weeks and it will more than likely be a couple of more weeks before I do sew. I'm slowly cleaning up the mess from having the popcorn ceilings removed and redone. A big mess. But, after all is over, my house will be CLEAN. Still have the gutters to go. They should have been in weeks ago, right after the new roof. A landscaping crew is supposed to be here today to mow and weed my yard. The yard got out of hand this spring and I haven't been able to tackle it by myself.

It is another hot day here so I'll stay inside and sort and clean more stuff. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:12 AM

quilty kitty - where in No TX are you?? my DIL is from Denton

Kathy - is it you or Lesley that has the whole quilt laid out on the floor and is embroidering beautiful teeny hearts in between triangles on the borders???

these are amazing!!! all of it ...dk when I'm gonna continue - on the second block and stitch a few stitches [try] in evenings

my quilt mini-group is doing the current Quiltmaker "secret window" mystery quilt of Deb Caffrey's and since we're meeting at my house tonight I was trying to catch up with that one. Also LQS has a Saturday Sampler BOM that I belong to and I have to finish next section by Sat 9am to get the next month one free. This month was 4 pieced basket blocks with ricrac handles and an appliqued ice cream cone block.

ooo neighbor waitin - gotta walk doggie with her bye!! :-D
Old 06-30-2011, 04:03 PM

OK friends, you convinced me. Best treat from our boss today is that he gave us the day off tomorrow to celebrate the best month in the company history. As soon as I heard we had the day off I said... Quilting day!! So I will be starting the block tomorrow. Thanks all.
Did I read right that we start with block #9?
Old 06-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

yes, and if you go to the first page of the cyber sew thread, which is the one we are on, I do believe...it should tell you what you need to know.
otherwise, you can type in QuiltswithConvicts at the top of the page under "User List" and get kathy's profile.
Go to any of her messages or lists and look in her signature (tag) line and she gives the link for the schedule for AOTH.
I won't try to tell you the order...last time I did that...um...got a little confooosed, lol.
#9 is first :thumbup:
YIPPEE! glad your joining us...more pics and drooling.
I'll go get my bib :thumbup:
Old 06-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Oh great, you are joining in to play!

Mousie...stop that obsessing! You need to just leave it alone and let the completed blocks get to know each other. Stop trying to make each one stand all on its own...they weren't meant to do that for heavens sakes!! :)
Old 06-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

oh my goodness, patti...that is exactly what I have been doing!
thanks for the heads up...it takes a whole village of blocks to make a quilt.
(at least one big enough for the mouse bed ;-) )
Old 07-01-2011, 05:02 AM

Have you really cut the background block 9"x9"? It seams a lot to have an extra 2" al around to end up with a finish 7" block. I understand teh applique tends to "eat" some but that much?

I forgot to let you know that I was like crazy yesterday looking for the book. Finally in a minute of inspiration I remembered that I had it in my night table and before the last get toghether with some friends a week a go I "cleaned" my messy night table and hide everything in a bag inside the closet. There it went my AOTH book! Incidentally before I remember were it was I literally destroyed my sewing room looking for it. All my maggazines and books are on the floor!! What a mess!!! What am I going to do now? Spend hours tiding it up or start my first block? Guess...... my block!! LOL
Old 07-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Power Poster

So, you didn't think I could read your mind Mousie??? LOL!

Glad you found it Andrea! I lost mine too before we started. Found the darn thing under a chair on the floor in my sewing room. It took me several days of searching! I hate it when that happens! LOL! So hows the block coming??
Old 07-01-2011, 06:40 AM

Andrea, so glad you found your book. Mine was stolen just after I started the blocks. Left it in my car and someone got in and took what appeared to be a handbag which contained only my lovely AOTH book. I am fine now though got going again so no probs.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

It's me, Cre8, who has my quilt picutred all over the kitchen floor (after it was mopped).

As for cutting out different sizes of fabric for blocks, some of us (including me) are doing 10in (finished) blocks, and I cut my background squares 11in so I could trim a little after the applique. I have a feeling most of us are either doing 10in or 7in, but perhaps one is doing 9in?

I have just measured my quilt and it came up at 92in square, but that is because I cut my larger border a bit bigger than just enlarging it by 142% (it measures 11.5in wide). Anyhow, it's big enough to cover my bed nicely and not drag on the floor so I might fall over the corners.