Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

WOW love your fabrics. Perfect for this block.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:21 PM

Love the bright colours Cre8. Beautiful block.

Lesley that probably explains it. In the end it all comes down to big business and the dollar.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:30 PM

Cre8, your block is just fantabulous!! I love it! Your quilt is going to be smashing gorgeous.

Y'all, I must say, between being gone for three weeks and then working on AOTH blocks for the last few weeks before I left, I can shamefully say that I can't piece anymore :shock: I must have been appliqueing for so long that when I pulled my quarter inch foot and tried to sew a straight line, I failed!!!:oops: I had to pull some scraps and start piecing them together, it was a good half an hour before I got my groove back on, is that weird or does it happen to you sometimes? Anyway, I decided that I shouldn't be piecing anything anyway, and got back to working on blocks 20 and 23. :mrgreen: Hoping to get them finished tomorrow. Good news is the scrolls did seem easier in block 20 than whatever the last block with scrolls I did was. So here is to hoping it continues this way.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Cre8 your block is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I keep going back to it and looking at that flower!!! It is so beautiful!!!! :D :D Great job!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You all have me curious about my DMC. I wonder how many yards mine has? Patti, I have some really old floss, too! :oops: Not sure if the cavewomen spun it, but I'm sure some little old lady did!!! :-D :-D
Old 08-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pab58
Cre8 your block is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I keep going back to it and looking at that flower!!! It is so beautiful!!!! :D :D Great job!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You all have me curious about my DMC. I wonder how many yards mine has? Patti, I have some really old floss, too! :oops: Not sure if the cavewomen spun it, but I'm sure some little old lady did!!! :-D :-D
I haven't noticed skeins getting shorter, but perhaps they are doing that rather than raise the price? After all, it's cotton, so I presume the wholesale prices have risen for them too.

I am not liking the idea of fabric not being so wide. There will come a point when quantities quoted in books will be wrong, and piecing diagrams won't fit.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Wow Cre8....gorgeous block my dear! Those large prints are serving you very well!!

I agree about the companies...its all part of the global business world. Lesley, I already see these things happening with recipes..the cans are smaller, so the recipes are all wrong...GRRRRR.. I swear, I'd rather they raise the price. We aren't stupid after all and do realize what is happening. It actually costs me more because I have to buy MORE to make up for the smaller sizes, then I have some left over to have to do something with because I have now too much! So...overall, its just wasteful. The fabric will just be another problem, then we'll have to make a 2nd trip to the store or order again on line and pay shipping twice because we won't have realized on the front end.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 PM

Well, everyone I am so very sad and disappointed. My dear friend has decided not to do the AOTH. :cry: :cry: I was so excited when she said she wanted to do it because I thought it would be something we could have fun doing together. She said that she "wouldn't have anywhere to put it." :roll: I guess I don't worry about where I'm going to "put" my quilts. I make them because I want to make them or to challenge myself with something new. The first block she made turned out so beautiful. I was heartbroken when she told me she had changed her mind about making this beautiful quilt. I really think her sister and perhaps her DH said things that made her rethink it. Her sister told her that it was "too busy."

Oh well. Her decision isn't going to make me change MY mind about this lovely quilt! It's onward and upward for me -- with OR without her!!!!! :-D :-D :-D
Old 08-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

Patty- that is the spirit :thumbup: I have fallen behind :oops: But I have the black fabric washed ( finally) :roll: LOL made all the copies - just have to find the time - But I will start soon :?

I have a question though ... I washed the black Kona and it came out all linty that doesn't want to brush off , any suggestions and will it stay this way ? I washed it by itself but dried it with other light fabrics.....
I may have to change background as it will get washed with other things and I don't want it always looking like it is covered with lint :roll:
Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 PM

Hmmmmm........gee I don't know what to tell you. I'll be watching to see what advice you get. ;)

Don't give it a second thought if your are "behind" because this isn't a race. I'm all caught up now, but who knows if I will be able to stay that way!! :lol: :lol: Presently, I have LOTS of time on my hands since I lost my job. Even if I hadn't, I would be on summer break so I would have time to work on the blocks anyway.

I sure wish my friend would have kept going. She was going to make her blocks using batiks. She had LOTS of scraps and was so glad to be able to make use of them. Her quilt would have been so pretty. Everything she makes is absolutely beautiful, and her needlework is amazing.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:20 PM

just a question...

does anyone know how many of us are actually working on AOTH?? [no matter how sloooooowwwwlly??]