Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 PM

Sharon you can be as far back as you like and you will still have company because Mousie and I are forming the rear guard.

And we have a wonderful view of everyone's blocks from here.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:23 PM

I don't know the exact number, but a while back I think it was near 100 or so. Kathy is probably keeping track of the count. It would be really interesting to know wouldn't it? :-D :-D
Old 08-01-2011, 07:25 PM

Since we are doing applique, I thought I would post this link for an absolutely beautiful quilt that was posted on the QB. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-141940-1.htm

Well DeeCee, we have to have someone left to turn the lights off and close the door when we're done.:D :D BTW: how many blocks have you made so far? I've just started on my 10th.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
Well DeeCee, we have to have someone left to turn the lights off and close the door when we're done.:D :D BTW: how many blocks have you made so far? I've just started on my 10th.
Are you boasting Patti :?:

I doing my third and I'm turning the lights off right now. :lol:
Old 08-01-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Originally Posted by pab58
Are you boasting Patti :?:

I doing my third and I'm turning the lights off right now. :lol:
Nope, not boasting. I can't believe how many have their entire center finished!!! There are even a couple who have the ENTIRE quilt finished!!!! :shock: :shock: Of course, they call themselves the JTGers because they couldn't wait until June to get started!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't think I was very far along. I thought you had several finished. I was just curious. So sorry if I sounded like I was boasting. :oops: :oops: I certainly didn't mean it to come out that way. :cry:
Old 08-01-2011, 07:41 PM

Just teasing you Patty.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:47 PM

I sometimes want to skip around and do the eaesier-looking blocks first, but then I grit my teeth and just jump in and work on the next one in line. I'm sure if I waited to do the harder ones, they would come out much better, but then I wouldn't be able to see the REAL progress I've made as I work my way to the last block.

I KNOW that the only reason I have as many finished as I do is because of all the time I have on my hands to work on them. And Mousie has been so-o-o-o-o very busy with her little grandchildren that she hasn't had much time to herself at all. :?

I really like that we can work on these blocks at our own pace. I don't know if I could ever be able to do a RR because I would be working with a definite deadline. I would be so worried about how it would turn out and about the quality of my needlework that I would be too stressed. :shock: This quilt is just for me, and I can work on it at my own pace and not worry (too much) about how it's going and how it looks. :D :D
Old 08-01-2011, 08:05 PM

My 3 boxes of floss are about 25 years old except for the yellows I bought for AOTH. Needed more than I had. I will probably need more, but since I am using different yellows/golds it won't matter about dye lots.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 PM

Cre8 - that's beautiful! I really am liking the purple background! So rich looking!

Just realized we are at 200 pages of this thread & we've only just begun. Isn't there a song like that?

"We've only just begun - to live.
White lace & promises,
A kiss for luck
And we're on our way."
Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Cre8 - that's beautiful! I really am liking the purple background! So rich looking!

Just realized we are at 200 pages of this thread & we've only just begun. Isn't there a song like that?

"We've only just begun - to live.
White lace & promises,
A kiss for luck
And we're on our way."
WOW!!! 200 pages!! You are right about the song. It was written and sung by Karen Carpenter. :D One of my favorites! :thumbup: