Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
I wonder if any of you have finished a block and then decide one or more of the colors just doesn't look good? I have done that on two blocks. I'm finishing up block #11 and redoing two sets of flowers. What I had cut out looked okay until sewn down. Well, I just putter along on this AOTH.
yep kitty :roll:
I change...and change...and change at every level. almost done with 9 now - although as I said, I made it too small :?

I will post partially done today [because I got my adapter back...momentarily :thumbup:] I was gonna make upper petals a blue fabric, changed it to yellow and when I started to sew it down, found it didn't 'pop' enough for me and so went to another blue batik instead of print. Then the red flower center I picked out way at the beginning didnt quite do it but I found a Kaffe that tied it all together
Old 06-12-2011, 08:27 AM

I'm using a deep grape color for my background and want to use some blues for the appliques. It is really hard to pick out some that look well with the grape. Especially when I'm using a green also. I'll post pics when I remember to recharge my camera. Might be awhile as I'm scheduled for home repair this week and a quick trip to Cimarron NM next weekend to pick up GS and GD at Philmont Scout Camp.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
I wonder if any of you have finished a block and then decide one or more of the colors just doesn't look good? I have done that on two blocks. I'm finishing up block #11 and redoing two sets of flowers. What I had cut out looked okay until sewn down. Well, I just putter along on this AOTH.
Kitty, well, I have finished I guess 7 blocks so far and only two of them I am really happy with individually, and I was thinking about redoing the other ones. yesterday, I laid all my blocks side by side for the irst time, and I realized that the ones I don't like do indeed fit in togethe, I still may redo a few when it is all said and done,but I am going to wait until I have all my blocks done first and make my decision then.
I guess I am trying to say, don't rush and redo every thing in a block when you first finish it, it may not look right by itslef, but may very well blend with the rest of the blocks.
And please do show us, I have yet to see a block where colors didn't look good.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:30 AM

Yes, yes yesCandi Youhave got it. Having done several blocks quite a few of mine didn´t DO it for me. However in the grand scheme of things all laid out they do work believe me. Don´t go changing, wait till you finish. You know when we were all doing the Dear Jane quilt exactly the same thing happened, we all had blocks that we didn´t really like, but doing 169 blocks, when they are all laid out you can´t even see a mistake never mind the colour.

So hang fire it will be beautiful. So looking forward to seeing your Grape background sound lush

Elle
Old 06-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

on the dial up at mouse house, just trying to see if there are any new blocks and then go get busy.
Afraid to go to DD's and use the high speed, as I seem to get "stuck" there, it's so peaceful and I relax on pc and forget fibro. for too long a while. :roll:
anyway, I am going to cut etc. 2 blocks today and may cut 3 blocks if I feel up to it. I just don't want to be too far behind.
The way I did the first block just didn't please me. it's that simple.
I do hope the others that were going to join us, will.
I promise you, if you really want to do this quilt, this is a wonderful way to have fun and feel motivated.
It will spur you on and you'll enjoy it more than you can imagine :thumbup:
Old 06-12-2011, 10:03 AM

es Mousie agreed on that one. Looking forward ot your first pic, hope you find the camera soon.

Where are all those ladies that wanted to join in with us and bought their material and stuff. C´mon we are waiting on you and looking forward to your postings.

Elle
Old 06-12-2011, 02:05 PM

Well, I am still here.

I just have a nappy cake to make for baby shower next weekend and then I should be able to get down to business.

I am enjoying looking at all the beautiful blocks being posted in the meantime, but also wonder where everyone else is.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Deecee
Well, I am still here.

I just have a nappy cake to make for baby shower next weekend and then I should be able to get down to business.

I am enjoying looking at all the beautiful blocks being posted in the meantime, but also wonder where everyone else is.
What on earth is a Nappy Cake?
Old 06-12-2011, 02:52 PM

[quote=Lacelady
What on earth is a Nappy Cake?[/quote]

:lol: It sounds a bit gross doesn't it.

It is actually made of bibs, growsuits, nappies all separately rolled up and arranged in a round cake shape with two or more layers. It can be decorated with toys or small baby items.

I haven't made one before so it will be an interesting project. My DD is making a rose bouquet out of baby socks. She is also expecting in a few months.

I will post a pic when I have made it.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:00 PM

I posted my photo of my completed block #11 and I tried to post a photo of my completed block #10 but I couldn't find the correct site. I found all of the other AOTH blocks except #10. HELP!