Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sandpat
In the book, she says that you needed limit it to batiks, she didn't. She used a mix of fabrics that she said she had...must have a better stash than I do.
Patti, where in the book did she say that? In my book, page 7 it said:

FABRIC SELECTION--For this quilt, it is essential to have a large variety of 100% cotton fabric scraps in different colors and values...

This quilt might appear to be made mostly with hand-dyes and batiks, but in actual fact, it also has many different kinds of commercial fabrics...Using a variety of fabrics gives more depth to a diesign and makes a quilt seem more vibrant and alive. I find that it is best to use tightly woven fabrics, SUCH AS batiks, because they are less likely to fray than looser weaves. (The emphasis is mine)

And Ducky, I have Fairy Frost, and it has never melted for me. The coppery color in my Autumn Bargello is Fairy Frost. So Elle, maybe you got a bad batch. Or maybe your iron was set too high. I have noticed that with different of my metallic fabrics I need to have a cooler iron.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:12 AM

I am watching. I wanna see more photos. I was browsing back through and almost dropped my teeth (which is difficult since they are real) when I saw a post from ESQ!!! Howdie girl!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:34 AM

I received notice from Amazon that my book was shipped on 2/5. I hope it comes this week. I loved the colors in the pictures that LaceLady posted and I will probably use similar colors in my quilt.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
I received notice from Amazon that my book was shipped on 2/5. I hope it comes this week. I loved the colors in the pictures that LaceLady posted and I will probably use similar colors in my quilt.
Lace's colors really are pretty, aren't they? I should get my book from Amazon soon, also.....I guess I'll wait until then to decide on fabrics.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 AM

I plan on using those colors too! I am so excited about this quilt. It's just beautiful!!!

Paula

Originally Posted by Ducky
Lace's colors really are pretty, aren't they? I should get my book from Amazon soon, also.....I guess I'll wait until then to decide on fabrics.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

Well I just ordered the book :shock: Hope I can stick with this one :oops: I am thinking black as the back ground but haven't gotten any further then that :?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:15 PM

:-P I am so excited about AOTH that I have to discipline myself to finish the quilt I am working on for my youngest GD. Her birthday is March 1 so I am feeling the pressure. Then my youngest GS has a birthday on June 30 and I want to make him a quilt out of all of his old T-shirts. I made one for his brother and he loves it. I'm always working on 1 quilt & planning the next one. Makes life more enjoyable.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 PM

Your granddaughter has a fabulous day for a birthday...it's mine too!!! I bet her birthday will be a lot more fun than man.

Paula

:-P I am so excited about AOTH that I have to discipline myself to finish the quilt I am working on for my youngest GD. Her birthday is March 1 so I am feeling the pressure. Then my youngest GS has a birthday on June 30 and I want to make him a quilt out of all of his old T-shirts. I made one for his brother and he loves it. I'm always working on 1 quilt & planning the next one. Makes life more enjoyable.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 PM

Welcome Paula and Lois, two new ones, great, looking forward to hearing more of what you plan ladies.

KWhite.......its ages since Ihave seen you on here ....how are you.

Elle
Old 02-08-2011, 01:04 PM

I think we all do that. When I finish DJ I have AOTH planned already and I am already thinking of another I really like too