Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 02-07-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Nice to meet you, too, LindaAnn!

Without going back to reread posts, does the book offer an inkling of how many different colors would be used? I'm sure most of it would be left to personal choice, but I saw all the fabrics that QWC had, and wondered if that would be typical. I have TONS of batiks, but, of course, I'll have to buy more! 8-)
to answer your question all the book says is assorted scraps.

and of course you will have to buy more (i thought that was a prerequsite) lol
Old 02-07-2011, 11:44 AM

Ducky, get you preening away there, you are beautiful and you know it LOL.

Glad you are going to join us and of course you can´t join unless you are prepared to shop till you drop for fabrics. The more the merrier.

By the way ladies, I just posted a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls on Lacelady´s blog, go look, looks easy peasy to me going to try at the week end. However it refers to Castor Sugar and I have already had a query on that, I have no idea what you call that in the States.

Elle
Old 02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Ducky, get you preening away there, you are beautiful and you know it LOL.

Glad you are going to join us and of course you can´t join unless you are prepared to shop till you drop for fabrics. The more the merrier.

By the way ladies, I just posted a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls on Lacelady´s blog, go look, looks easy peasy to me going to try at the week end. However it refers to Castor Sugar and I have already had a query on that, I have no idea what you call that in the States.

Elle
I'll pop in here, it was superfine sugar, Elle.
Ducky I think it will be great for you to join in - it isn't going to be a race here, and I suspect as the summer progresses and people go on holiday etc., the schedule might not always be kept up with, and you can keep those people company.

Although the author of the book uses tons of different batiks, I think you could make a really beautiful quilt with scraps from your stash, or if you want a more structured version, they I would look for small quantities (fat eighths or quarters) of two or three shades of colours in your preferred palette.

I am trying to use pinks, blues, lilac/purples, and various greens for leaves, but with a few odds and ends thrown in. The original also has yellows, oranges, reds in fact, quite a rainbow of colours.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:52 PM

I've decided that I'd like to definitely go with the black background, and use all Fairy Frosts for the applique.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:04 PM

Oooooooo! That sounds so pretty. My avatar is Kona Black w/Fairy Frosts for the spokes. This will be a dyno-mite combo!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:47 PM

I've seen a few sites that have the Fairy Frost on sale. Once payday hits, I'm storming those places.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
I've seen a few sites that have the Fairy Frost on sale. Once payday hits, I'm storming those places.
Being a curious sort, I had to go googling Fairy frost, so I knew what you were talking about, and I found a nice site here:
http://www.afabricoasis.com/MMFairyFrost.html

But you US ladies would have laughed at the one I found in the UK that was offering it for sale at £12.95 per metre - that's the equivalent of $20.88 for about 40 inches.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM

Bookmarked it, Lace. Thanks.

You found Fairy Frost for that outrageous amount per metre???
Old 02-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Duckster! So glad you are going to give it a whirl! I think the frosts will look so good too! We'll all understand that you MUST shop...I think it says in the instructions that you must do that to participate! Or, maybe it was Kathy (QWC) who posted that in the original rules....mayby??

By the way...your new "do" is fabulouso, but you do know I prefer looking at your pretty face side....LOL!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM

Lordy, I don't want to break any rules, so ***big sigh with arm over brow*** shop I must.

Hey, does this new "do" make my rearend look big?