Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 55 of 170 FirstFirst ... 5 45 54 55 56 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 4243

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

I still canīt seem to download it, Donīt understand it as I did it the first time and it worked fine. I am confused.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Ducks...no worries. I know that when the thing starts, I will fall behind. I'm really just working on it at night while watching tv. I figure that in several years doing that...I'll finally finish it up. LOL!

Lesley...do you have any great tips about getting perfectly round little circles like for the flowers on block# 16? I've cut some little templates from cardboard and then basted around the cardboard, drew the fabric tight...but they still aren't perfectly round...GRRRR!
    Well you are doing what I do. Do you then iron it. That keeps the circle looking good. Sorry to butt in Lesley.
    No problems, I have been tucked up in bed. Yes, iron them, but allow them to cool before you take the card out (that sort of 'sets' them) then draw up the gathering thread a little bit to reshape them. You don't have to stitch it to hold everything in place, I don't even cut the thread off, I use it to stitch the circle down in place. Also, keep watching the circle you orginally drew on your background to help you get it circular in case it decides it wants to be oval.

Blog Entries
    Thanks...I think that my little circle is getting too big...you know tracing around adds the pencil thickness..then I can't cut straight to save my life...so my template is even lumpy! GRRR...Maybe I'll see if DH will cut them for me. Maybe he can do better.

Elle....I'm sooo slow that you'll be ahead of me in no time. I can't speak for speedy Lesley though... :wink:

Elle, I could print one out and mail it off to you, if you'd like.

Hope you are feeling better today, Lesley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Oh Ducky you are a wee gem. Thank youso much, Candi gave me the numbers so thats fine to be going along with. I have the first 16 blocks that we have to do in numerical numbers. Thank you so much for the offer. those wee legs of your cover some ground donīt they, you are flipping from one topic to the next. (Grin)

Elle

Blog Entries
    Elle...I emailed the schedule to you...try to print out the attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Elle...I emailed the schedule to you...try to print out the attachment.
    Have tried yet again but it wonīt work, I seem to have a glitch. Needs sorting, so have emailed you.

Elle

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky
    Oh Ducky you are a wee gem. Thank youso much, Candi gave me the numbers so thats fine to be going along with. I have the first 16 blocks that we have to do in numerical numbers. Thank you so much for the offer. those wee legs of your cover some ground donīt they, you are flipping from one topic to the next. (Grin)

Elle
    LOL. Yes, it gets exhausting!!!

Have you thought about getting a skateboard?????

Blog Entries
    Have you thought about getting a skateboard?????
    Doesn't bear thinking about, she would be whizzing about getting under everyone's feet. Perhaps a mobility scooter might be a bit more sedate, and she would have storage with the basket on the front. I have one under my seat as well, and a zip up bag hanging behind me seat, so I can get a weeks shoppping in that lot, so think how much fabric they would hold.

Still have the puffy half a face, but now have extra meds that I am hoping will clear it up. I am not a pretty sight at the moment (though I don't think the meds would improve that much).

Blog Entries
    I have named my quilt Wild at Heart. I have the first one done . Pics as soon as I can. Jo

Blog Entries
    Oh Sandpat,the kimono silk is my very favorite thread to applique with.I am going to see if I can find some rayon embroidery thread to go with my yellow DMC as I dont like the Krenig,it always breaks or ravels even tho I use short leng. to applique .

I like the name Jolo. Wild at heart sounds good

Blog Entries
    Thanks Elle,As I enlarged to 12 block and using both brights and batiks that go so well together on black bg ,one person I showed it to,said WILD and that clicked with me to call it Wild at heart. lol. All the blocks that have been shown to us are so gorgeous, I have the first one ready to do the embroidery then on to another one. Goooooooo

Well I have started on my first block tonight. Have three hearts sewn on. Using freezer paper to make a good shape and it is working very well. So far I have not basted around the shapes. finding it easier too with the larger pieces for a 10" block. First one I did was 7" the pieces were tiny.

Blog Entries
    Well I have started on my first block tonight. Have three hearts sewn on. Using freezer paper to make a good shape and it is working very well. So far I have not basted around the shapes. finding it easier too with the larger pieces for a 10" block. First one I did was 7" the pieces were tiny.
    When you get to some of the other blocks, Elle, you will be even more happy that you are doing the 10" blocks. I'm not sure how those ladies are working with the smaller blocks. I don't think I could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    When you get to some of the other blocks, Elle, you will be even more happy that you are doing the 10" blocks. I'm not sure how those ladies are working with the smaller blocks. I don't think I could do it.
    I have already looked and quite honestly I donīt like the look of those twirly ones, they look really hard, however as they say in for a penny, in for a pound.......at least where I come from LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    I have already looked and quite honestly I donīt like the look of those twirly ones, they look really hard, however as they say in for a penny, in for a pound.......at least where I come from LOL
    If you mean the scrolls, I took loads of pics when I did one of the blocks with them on, which I haven't posted yet, (because I didn't want to worry people until they had tried some hearts and leaves).

Of course, my pics are of needle turned ones, but I am hoping they will help those who are fairly new to applique

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jolo
    Thanks Elle,As I enlarged to 12 block and using both brights and batiks that go so well together on black bg ,one person I showed it to,said WILD and that clicked with me to call it Wild at heart. lol. All the blocks that have been shown to us are so gorgeous, I have the first one ready to do the embroidery then on to another one. Goooooooo
    Good name, Jolo - looking forward to pics!

Yes thats what I was talking about Lesley, they look a bit of a beast to do.

Actually enjoyed sewing tonight, found it quite theraputic. I will do my AOTH at night and my DJ during the day, it has it good points being retired :-D :-D

Came home from an appointment tonight, after leaving the dog alone. My heart stopped when I saw my AOTH sewing bag empty, all my brand new spools of Bottom Line thread strewn around the living room and my container of little applique pins spilled all over the rug and hardwood floor (and under the couch). I was afraid to react because I knew I'd have a stroke. I calmly walked over to the AOTH block I'm working on to see if she gnawed on it. Lucky for her, she didn't, so I will allow her to live. I had to inspect my unopened spools of thread to see what damage there was, which was minimal.
    And Gai said, "Shame on you!" when I called her a devil dog a few days ago..... :roll:

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ducks - If Kay can have "Bruce, the Bad Puppy" you certainly can have the Devil Dog!

Ducky I know how you feel, Rosa my littlest dog has a habit of getting my reels of cotton and she has chewed the tops of several. Sometimes I could kill her.

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh, Ducks...when I started reading your post...my heart stopped! Devil dog she is!!! I guess we gotta love them...if we didn't we'd kill them for sure!

Well ya'll its too late for me to change my mind again now..I'm in for the center section of the blocks being the 7". I don't think the scrolls will be too bad..those points aren't nearly as bad as the skinny pointed leaves..so we need to just take it slowly...relax, breath and just do one piece at a time.

Page 55 of 170 FirstFirst ... 5 45 54 55 56 65 105 155 ... LastLast